Is there a way to get a character to release another character they’ve imprisoned?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MR.Finley7

Second Lieutenant
1 Badges
Aug 22, 2020
  • Crusader Kings III
My heirs wife has been imprisoned by my vassal. I want them to be getting busy on behalf of the family so to speak, but she’s behind bars. Is there a way I can pay her ransom or use a hook to force her jailor to release her?

You can usually pay ransom if the prisoner is your character's courtier or vassal. if you right-click, the option should be there.

If it's not there... huh...

The only way I could imagine it breaking is if your heir's spouse does not belong to your court. Like if she's landed in a different realm, or belongs to a vassal's court rather than yours. in fact... now that i think of it... is your heir landed? Because if so, that would make her his courtier which... would complicate things.

It might (with a big question mark, if it works, please let me know I'm really curious) be possible to get her transferred under your custody, or just released, if you revoke the titles of the vassal holding her.

Too bad you can't offer a ransom for anyone and take them as your own prisoner. I guess the kidnapper do not want to give you the prisoner in exchange for some cash. Maybe they want to torture them themselves.

Give some money to your heir and hope he pays for the ransom? I don't know if that'd work but the only other solution I can think of would be to conquer all of the jailor's territory. Once he's unlanded, he shouldn't be able to keep prisoners. Depending on the size of his realm, this may or may not be practical...

I made a suggestion about this.

And wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those "we had the idea before release but kept it for future dlcs content" thing of the paradox $$ way of thinking.