• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(213587)

Second Lieutenant
10 Badges
Jul 2, 2010
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Galactic Assault
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
I only just took a look at the beginning of the game, but it is playing like a tutorial with an adviser telling me what to do, like I should now recruit soldiers (and the proper button starts flashing) and then coming back with an annoyed and condescending voice when I don't pretty much insisting that I now recruit soldiers.

Is there any way to turn this guy off?
There isn't even a button on his screen where I can dismiss him.

Does this go on through the entire game or is it a first mission feature?

I'm currently playing the base game.

I only just took a look at the beginning of the game, but it is playing like a tutorial with an adviser telling me what to do, like I should now recruit soldiers (and the proper button starts flashing) and then coming back with an annoyed and condescending voice when I don't pretty much insisting that I now recruit soldiers.

Is there any way to turn this guy off?
There isn't even a button on his screen where I can dismiss him.

Does this go on through the entire game or is it a first mission feature?

I'm currently playing the base game.

The adviser acts like a tutorial on the first time you have to do something, not throughout the entire campaign. However you don´t HAVE to do what he advises. I have for example not bought some infantry but later recruited archers.