Is there a simple and easy way to change the end date ?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BaronNoir

Field Marshal
75 Badges
Sep 25, 2003
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
Suffice to say, I'm UK and I'm in a very exciting war against a Dehli/Ming (westernized) coalition, that I'm slowly winning...but it's 1819 and it will take a few more years.

Reactions:
In the main files for the game (in the C drive, program files, steam, common, etc) there should be a file in the "common" folder called "defines.lua". It can be opened in Notepad, and you can edit the date at the top. It won't work for ironman games though, of course.

It used to be that one country reached the max tech level, it would still tech up one level higher and the game would crash. I don't know if they fixed it, though if it's just for one war you should be fine.

I would strongly suggest playing with the Extended Timeline mod. So much more fun & you can play for as long as you want to. The replayability is enormous.

Reactions:
Not to leech on someone else's topic, but to prevent board spam.......

Anyone know a simple 1.13 9999 time limit mod on steam workshop?

Anyone think the end date should be 1844 to have a solid 400 years of gameplay and more years for a late Revolution war? This will also allow for the creation and existence of Belgium later on.

Reactions:
Not to leech on someone else's topic, but to prevent board spam.......

Anyone know a simple 1.13 9999 time limit mod on steam workshop?

If you don't want to try Extended Timeline (which shouldn't affect much at all if you play from the default bookmark other than add to the experience & improve teching to be long-term including covering it to modern era and beyond), there is another mod called "Timeline 9999" I believe, check the Most Subscribed mods in Steam Workshop, it should be either on the first or second page.

Anyone think the end date should be 1844 to have a solid 400 years of gameplay and more years for a late Revolution war? This will also allow for the creation and existence of Belgium later on.

The problem is that 1836 and beyond is the scope of Victoria 2 and I don't think they want the games to overlap. Victoria 2 is much better at representing mechanics required to simulate that era, EU IV gets a bit off at the last decades of its timeline.

Reactions:

Yeah that would be good, even if that may or may not have been a year with special significance. I'm sure something happened that year of course. They would need to either draw out the technological progress a tad or just add a few things at the end but that would be swell.

Reactions:
That goes into Victoria territory, and the mechanics of EU4 get unhinged at that time (the early industrialization is barely represented as is)
EU4 is rather inadequate for modelling that era (Napoleon is the last stretch)
Starting earlier could be a better idea, though there are few interesting start dates (where a historical scenario is still somewhat likely). Not that you really need 400 years of gameplay..
The revolution happens closer to 1750 currently, there should be enough time to crush it.

Reactions:
That goes into Victoria territory, and the mechanics of EU4 get unhinged at that time (the early industrialization is barely represented as is)

Its more about seeing the consequences unfolding of all the gameplay before it than going to a new era of play, which as you pointed out doesnt happen. Some games have really slow starts or i just want to conclude some imperialism(like re-arranging entire HRE) so ive been playing past 1820 quite often, which i dont think i ever did in earlier EU.

Starting earlier could be a better idea, though there are few interesting start dates (where a historical scenario is still somewhat likely). Not that you really need 400 years of gameplay..
The revolution happens closer to 1750 currently, there should be enough time to crush it.

The developers have stated that there is no motivation to begin on the next Victoria game.

I wouldn't mind a merger of both games. They could complement each other well.

Reactions:
The developers have stated that there is no motivation to begin on the next Victoria game.

I wouldn't mind a merger of both games. They could complement each other well.

... what ...

I can't possibly imagine how you imagine a merger of EU and Victoria... these games are so damn different.

Reactions:
I suggest extending the end timeline to 1848 so that just as your playthrough of bloobling is over you can end the game with hundreds of pop-ups telling you every city is in open revolt and all you achieved after centuries of effort is going down in flames.

Reactions:
They aren't that different. Just add statistics on population, cultures, and work roles in EU and your set.

Must be said by someone who has never played Victoria 2 and does not have even the most basic grasp of game development and the fundamental differences between how both of the games are structured & developed.

Reactions:
I played some victoria 2 on a friendly computer but i didnt rly like it that much.

For a game with such emphasis on population it didnt give me as many options as id hope.

I know paradox is sensitive about these things but if a population has 10k people who are rebelious and i have an army of 50k people then couldnt i reasonably just march the army into the province and kindly tell them to get the hell out?

Must be said by someone who has never played Victoria 2 and does not have even the most basic grasp of game development and the fundamental differences between how both of the games are structured & developed.

Look at my icons. My Steam hours also prove otherwise. Every game you have I've been there and done that and more.

Reactions:
Look at my icons. My Steam hours also prove otherwise. Every game you have I've been there and done that and more.

Then you don't understand the differences between the two games in terms of game development and are purposely ignoring all the major mechanics differences in Victoria 2 that make it much more fitting for its era.