• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

alexvk3bqn

Sergeant
Aug 27, 2020
I keep looking up Paradox forums Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday in the search engines.

Every time I look them up, it gives me a specific response.

I go there, and it says it is a forum for the Doomsday expansion, but any time I try to go to any of the forums it lists, It immediately connects me to the Standard HOI2 Forum of that name.

Is this a bug, is it deliberate, or am I again, for some reason, the only person this is happening to?

Yours in deep and sincere confusion.

ALEXVK3BQN.

Disclaimer: I'm just another forum member.

For info, i can access all HoI 2 Doomsday subforums just fine (and don't have it registered)

I'm not sure what you meant saying regarding search engines.

Thank you for the answer.

I just mean that when I turn on the browser "microsoft edge", or "internet explorer" as it used to be, and type in a name "PARADOX FORUM HEARTS OF IRON 2 DOOMSDAY" it gives a list of specific responses.

If I go to them, it leads me to a section that says I'm in a doomsday forum.

If I then try to go to any of the sub-forums, it throws me into the standard "hearts of iron 2" forums, not listing anything as being in the doomsday forum.

If it's working for you, then it's probably a registration issue of some kind or I'm doing something wrong or reading it wrong somehow.

Probably my fault in some way.

Thank you for the information anyway.

ALEXVK3BQN

I've checked the Sub-Forums and those indeed link back to the HoI2 & Fun Forums. That seems to be intentional as the description of the sub-forums indicate that it covers both HoI2 & DD. So there's nothing wrong, that's just how the DD forums appear to be set up.

Reactions:
If I then try to go to any of the sub-forums, it throws me into the standard "hearts of iron 2" forums, not listing anything as being in the doomsday forum.
Oh..
I understood your first post as getting back into the HOI2 main forum ("connects me to the Standard HOI2 Forum"), so we might have had
a misunderstanding there, sorry, but yes one gets into the equivalent HoI2 subforum, as Triumph Jordi said above.
Probably as he said, that they cover both.

Thank your answers and for the information.

I thought there was a separate HOI2 "DOOMSDAY" forum, but if there ever was. it does now appear to have been merged with the regular HOI2 Forum.

I am still "finding my way" through the forums.

ALEXVK3BQN

Thank you for your reply, but that is the section I was trying to explain about earlier.

Every time I go to that specific forum and then try to go to any "sub-forums" there, it just responds by immediately moving me somewhere else and telling me I'm in the "Hearts of Iron 2" forum.

I have not found any way to get into any other "doomsday" sub-forum, such as "doomsday aars", or doomsday technical questions.

If there actually is any separate section apart from the one listed, or any link from it to any other sub-forum, I cannot find it.

I apologise for asking the original question, but I find the system somewhat confusing, and I do not understand why it is listed as a separate forum when it seems to have been merged with the main HOI2 forum.

At this point, I don't think it is worth anybody looking into it any further.

Thank all of you for your assistance anyway.

ALEXVK3BQN

I apologise for asking the original question, but I find the system somewhat confusing....,
As far as i see and understand :
There is a general HoI 2 Doomsday expansion forum, but its subforums are directly linked to the standard HoI 2 forums.
In short it has no own subforums.

As you mentioned AARs specifically, i didn't even find Hoi2 AARs, also not in OTHER GAMES.

So regaridng AARs, it appears to me there doesn't exist one for Hoi2...or they forgot to link it or it got lost during the forum transition.
The moderators above might know more.

Last edited:
I find the system somewhat confusing, and I do not understand why it is listed as a separate
There was a reason at the time that perhaps isn't as apparent anymore. It was before my time as a moderator, though, so I can't really speak to why. I think it had to do with the standalone nature of the game.

But to your point - that's exactly why it was an outlier - because it was confusing.

As far as i see and understand :
There is a general HoI 2 Doomsday expansion forum, but its subforums are directly linked to the standard HoI 2 forums.
In short it has no own subforums.

As you mentioned AARs specifically, i didn't even find Hoi2 AARs, also not in OTHER GAMES.

So regaridng AARs, it appears to me there doesn't exist one for Hoi2...or they forgot to link it or it got lost during the forum transition.
The moderators above might know more.
The HOI 2 AAR subforum is actually nested within the HOI3 one. Why HOI4 has its own separate category is beyond me, but given that the CK3 AAR subforum isn't actually linked anywhere in "AARs, LPs, and Fanfiction" at all, my most generous interpretation is that whoever is in charge of setting up and categorizing these subforums hasn't been as careful as one would like to be.

If you START IN THE MAIN "PARADOX fORUM", and go to the "navigate forums" section, and then go the specific "hearts of iron 2" forum, there are sub-forums you can get to from there.

One of the sub-forums is HOI2 AARs, and you can get into that forum from there, at least when I look.

I hope this is of some help

ALEXVK3BQN

If you START IN THE MAIN "PARADOX fORUM", and go to the "navigate forums" section, and then go the specific "hearts of iron 2" forum, there are sub-forums you can get to from there.

One of the sub-forums is HOI2 AARs, and you can get into that forum from there, at least when I look.

I hope this is of some help

ALEXVK3BQN

So the regular HoI 2 AAR subforum should then likely be the one linked i the HOI2 Doomsday forum.

I can only guess that there is potentially simply close to no traffic anymore in the Doomsday forum
and hence the AAR link issue didn't get recognised 'til now.

When you get into the HOI2 forum, and enter the AAR sub-forum, there's also a link to the "ORIGINAL" Heats of Iron (or is it officially HOI 1 now?) AAR forum.

It includes a link to the now very, very old HOI 1 aar "the German Risk AAR" , which is, in parts, in bad taste, but which I personally regard as tremendously funny.
It also includes a spectacular number of references to old movies, jokes and TV series, but trying to recognise them was part of the fun.
When I looked, all the pictures from it seemed to have been removed though, or just didn't appear on my system.
(I tried looking for one on the internet using the title given. It now apparently means something COMPLETELY different from the reference in the AAR.)

If you haven't seen it before, have a look at it.
It might make your day better.
(If your sense of humour is anything like mine. If not, you may be extremely annoyed.)

It might also include the HOI 1 AAR "Battleships for Bhutan", which showed what a good player could do.
He succeeded in getting Battleships for Bhutan with the game as it stood, but you can't play it that way anymore.
One of the patches changed the rules too much.

Anyway, it is at least interesting to learn some of what's been happening with the "links and sub-forums."

Thank all of you again for your answers, information and assistance.

ALEXVK3BQN