Is there a mod that brings back city graphics (houses etc.) for every city regardless of level of development (like in primary release)?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shterion

Recruit
1 Badges
Sep 4, 2017
  • Surviving Mars
Hi all,

I'm sure some of you remember how after a couple of releases, Imperator removed city graphics (little houses, temples etc.) for all cities and limited them to more developed cities. I'd like to see a mod that allows us to bring these graphics back for ALL cities, no matter their development level.

Is there such a mod? If there isn't, maybe someone could make one :)

You could try making all settlements into cities inside province ranks inside game/common?
I actually did that. It does show buildings in settlements BUT it also messes up the builder - settlements can only build city buildings and they cannot be actually upgraded to cities because they already "are".

I was just hoping someone with greater modding skills had the idea of doing the same without the mess I make when I do it :)

It would be a bit of an issue, you would have to go into buildings and replace has_city_status = yes with NOT = { has_province_rank = settlement } and likely replace all has_city_status = yes with NOT = { has_province_rank = settlement } in all events, missions, decisions etc to prevent weird bugs.

And modify found_city_button.txt in scripted_guis, maybe province_window.gui in gui as well.