Is there a mod for UK style motorway junctions ?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tisifoni12

Field Marshal
20 Badges
Oct 29, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
I do not like the motorway junctions that come with the vanilla game.

What do I mean / envisage . . .

A bridge over the motorway is the basic solution. At the end of each bridge approach is a junction, which at minimum has the link to the bridge and to two slip roads for traffic coming off or going onto the motorway. Probably also a road from the junction providing access to 'the city'. The same on the other side can provide access to satellite settlements or suburbs.

Adapt to more traffic with with a two bridge roundabout.

Is there a mod that already does this ?

The 'vanilla' motorway junction; the 'internal loop' connections seem insane given motorway speeds.

C S Van.jpg

A typical rough attempt at creating what I mean; the slip roads from / to the motorway probably should be longer and meet the approach roads to the bridge more neatly. Alternatively have the slip roads go to roundabouts (traffic circles) rather than a junction.

C S UK.jpg

"UK style" is used here in Canada as well.

Here's 3 near me, one newer one with roundabouts.

Further along the same highway, the highway is divided:

The 'vanilla' motorway junction; the 'internal loop' connections seem insane given motorway speeds.

A real life one about an hour away from me:
Can confirm it is insane. Especially heading NE on the highway, cars coming on and cars going off in each other's way. So little space.

Here we are; had to achieve two expansions of the settlement and spend money to create it.

MWay Junc.jpg