• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(28727)

First Lieutenant
May 6, 2004
To be Frank, I love this game. AGCEEP is really the only great mod left for this game so you're the last hope but to be frank :

IS THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED AGCEEP MAP I've been waiting for nearly 3+ years out yet?

I refuse to play on the Vanilla map. After the wonderful many-provinced maps of Victoria and HoI2 I just can't play on the plain old map.

Also being unable to really simulate 1400s Italy with minor squabbles (without resulting in annexation) bugs me. Genoa and Venetian colonies not represented in the Eastern Med and Aegean also bugs me. Not being able to play Urbino or Lucca bugs me. Korea being only 2 provinces bugs me.

Anyway MyMap solved ALL my bugs, and I loved loved that map, but it didn't have the AGCEEP events and needed to be tweaked further to adjust the province values etc.

I remember someone saying : "It will come out, exactly when we want it to and when it is ready" and gave no ETA not even a long-term assessment.

Can I expect it in 2010? Maybe 2011? hm, maybe 2020 I've be 30 years old then! :( More likely never, maybe the almighty AGCEEP should have adopted MyMap or WATK years ago and we'll be swimming in goodies by now...

Of course it is not my place to question the almighty AGCEEP council :(

Be aware the almighty AGCEEP council is involved in the EU2 source code project now too (see here) and you can be assured many changes are planned, even if we can't say what they will be without Paradox approval. New map is also in the list but maybe adapting the mod should be done only once... for good.

I'm almost sure you won't have to wait until 2020 but decision is not only in our hands because Paradox is involved as owner of the source code.

I want to start a petition for AGCEEP council to adopt the almost completed OLD WORLD MAP in development right now.

It looks VERY GOOD. Has a lot of potential.

Ask yourself this, you're all waiting for the source code which will probably take another 2 years for paradox to release. How many more fans will you lose in the meantime, and how long do you think the community can last? This is a old game and our numbers are shrinking by the months.

Eventually AGCEEP and EUII will die of heat death, like the universe itself. Will you guys want AGCEEP to end without ever having completed it on a better and new map?

OLD WORLD MAP! WE WANT IT NOW! WE WANT IT NOW!

Ask yourself this, you're all waiting for the source code which will probably take another 2 years for paradox to release. How many more fans will you lose in the meantime, and how long do you think the community can last? This is a old game and our numbers are shrinking by the months.

Eventually AGCEEP and EUII will die of heat death, like the universe itself. Will you guys want AGCEEP to end without ever having completed it on a better and new map?
Garbon and MichaelM already answered. Nevertheless, I have a question in return: why do you think we are working on the EU2 source code and future adaptation of AGCEEP including new map to a renewed game if not for the community... and new players?

I am not questioning the "goodness" of the people working on AGCEEP.

I'm only asking to see AGCEEP on the new map before I die.

I can't play the newest AGCEEP, because its still on the Vanilla map which is plain horrible terrible.

I have said this before, but some form of information would help keep the masses in check, like ...........we have an issue with this or that, provinces are finished but sea zones need a work on etc etc.

I think players are afraid that the wait will be in vane as it (new map) might never happen.

Also, i can understand that once it (if) is released there will be NO discussion on why we do not have this land or that land.

these are my thoughts only

Garbon and MichaelM already answered. Nevertheless, I have a question in return: why do you think we are working on the EU2 source code and future adaptation of AGCEEP including new map to a renewed game if not for the community... and new players?

I think music is saying , to release the map and work on source code later

I can wait almost forever, because I know that when AGCEEP is released on a new map, it will be so amazing that everything else looks like crap in comparison.
The AGCEEP High Council is like a small version of Blizzard Entertainment, everything they release is practically gold, and it's worth the wait.

I think music is saying , to release the map and work on source code later
We can't say what we are doing in the source code but you can suspect changes in the structure of the setup files not to mention script engine for events. Adaptation to current engine would already be a hard work because of the increased number of provinces and balance... while new version of the game will for sure bring answers to things we can't do with current engine and push the limits. Do you really want to adapt twice in a couple of months?

The AGCEEP High Council is like a small version of Blizzard Entertainment, everything they release is practically gold, and it's worth the wait.
Thanks but we have to reward all the past and present contributors too.
This is why AGCEEP will always stay a free mod even if binded to the new version of the game for the best. And other good mods will be adapted too (why not?). This is by the community for the community.

Last edited:
Interregnum will also be rebuilt for the new map and with all the new material available from changes to the source code.

I am just hoping that the new map will not have changed its provinces and their numbers from that version finalized two years ago. Otherwise I think I may break down in tears ...

Very much looking forward to buying the Source Code Team's work.

Of course, as a contributor of ideas to it and designer of one of the better mods, I would be touched to get information on the coding details earlier rather than later ... :cool:

Yeah, I guess there are those of us who feel that, with the popularity of this game shrinking every day, and modders no doubt becoming more disinterested in the project, that we may never get anything more from AGCEEP. This is made more worrying by the lack of updates we're getting on how progress is going. I fully understand people have lives and can't work on this mod every day, and that's precisely why I'm worried that this'll never happen. Unlike Music_theory, I don't believe anything should be rushed out just to appease us masses, but a little more information and reassurance that things are moving along might be nice.

Remember we are working on EU2 source code but we can't talk about this project without Paradox approval. This is the rule by contract.

Not easy to talk about AGCEEP future now, including new map, without talking of the project. Anyway, I hope it is easy for players to understand we are working for them. Wouldn't it be pointless to have a better game for enhanced mods, including AGCEEP but not only, and at the same time forget a better map?

Because if everybody is under the impression that the project is dead, there will be nobody left to play your mod when it does come out. It's easy to get pissy when you know you've been working on it, but honestly, we don't know how hard people are working on it. Try and see it from our side. It seems like nothing's happening. I know that's not the case but does everyone else?

EDIT: thanks yoda for giving a pretty good reason on the silence. Still, maybe paradox could approve a progress report every six months or so for us plebs?

Because if everybody is under the impression that the project is dead, there will be nobody left to play your mod when it does come out.

While that would be unfortunate for them, that's never been a motivating factor.

Last edited:
Complaining at them doesn't really motivate them I think- that's generally the case with updates for sites or other things.

I guess I can understand some people's frustrations- I still enjoy the game, however. I just try to find new ways to make it fun like playing as a weak country like Ethiopia or some other nation that doesn't get much attention or something I don't usually play as.

Sure, AGCEEP isn't perfect but every mod can always be made better. (my biggest gripe would probably be making the A.I. more effective, especially with island invasions or defending one's nation or diplo-annexing, etc.) It is difficult if one is highly expectant for stuff.

If you wish for it to go faster you could always volunteer to help them. I myself have considered "merging" AGCEEP with EP but sadly, the level of time is more than what I have currently with my work.

Anyway, it is summer vacation now yes? There should be plenty of free time for all people to go around. I expect much progress should be made over the summer.