• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Kelvin

Occam's Chainsaw
7 Badges
Aug 22, 2002
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For The Glory
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
Pity.

It seems that by the time the map is finally out, we'll be seeing EUIV...

I'm not biching, I am truly sad that the map is not done even 2 years after its announcement :(

Jan 9, 2005
I suppose we could have released the map 18 months ago, nowhere near complete and riddled with bugs, and let everyone bitch away?

After all, that's the Paradox maxim, isn't it?

"A game is ready whenever I say so, and it's up to the community to finish it."

I personally have had zero input with regards to Garbon's map, and I view that as his project and will be ready to give it a go whenever he chooses to release it. Of course, I would never expect him to release it until he views it as a finished product - or somewhere very near to being one.

We should all just wait, because bitching won't speed things up.

Besides, as has been said, there are plenty of other maps out there, so go try those.

In the mean time, let us await the veritable shitstorm that will be HoI3. :p

unmerged(28727)

First Lieutenant
May 6, 2004
Yes I fully agreed with the above post, except Garbon should encourage other people's input, give updates and release it sometime within the decade.

Some of us have been waiting 4 years + for this map. :eek:

Nizzil

Corporal
1 Badges
Sep 2, 2007
  • For The Glory
Real updates on the map's progress would make a huge difference. I don't understand how the High Council can be surprised at the occasional backlashes against their slow pace when we have been kept completely in the dark almost since the beginning (and when we were originally promised that it would be done over 2.5 years ago.)

unmerged(40707)

Just call me Yoda in private!
Mar 1, 2005
Our only "promise" was to release it when it would be finished. All land provinces can be viewed here. Seazones are another story and adjustement according to balance, idgrids and total number of available provinces makes it hard for the 90% to 100% part of the process and required available devoted time for Garbon. And be assured this is not the most enjoyable part of the process... from far.

Last edited:

Toio

Field Marshal
6 Badges
Jun 18, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • 500k Club
Our only "promise" was to release it when it would be finished. All land provinces can be viewed here. Seazones are another story and adjustement according to balance, idgrids and total number of available provinces makes it hard for the 90% to 100% part of the process and required available devoted time for Garbon. And be assured this is not the most enjoyable part of the process... from far.

I thought the sea zones where to remain as they are as exploration etc etc are working well.

I see no benefit in adding more sea zones

Toio

Field Marshal
6 Badges
Jun 18, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis III
  • For The Glory
  • 500k Club
Yes I fully agreed with the above post, except Garbon should encourage other people's input, give updates and release it sometime within the decade.

Some of us have been waiting 4 years + for this map. :eek:

Is it still in the hands of only Garbon to release the Map and "source" changes, or are there more people involved. I think the latter and so Garbon's "hands might be tied" :eek:

unmerged(40707)

Mar 1, 2005
I thought the sea zones where to remain as they are as exploration etc etc are working well.

Yes, but they have to be redrawn according to land provinces and original MKJ map that had not this point of view...

Is it still in the hands of only Garbon to release the Map and "source" changes, or are there more people involved. I think the latter and so Garbon's "hands might be tied" :eek:
Map (and the whole AGCEEP mod behind) and source code are two different projects but their future is symbiotic. They will benefit to each other for players. I think I already said it long ago but what would be the point for us to achieve one without the other?

And I can't even tell how many people are involved in the source code team but MichaelM's involvement and mine were not really a secret from the beginning.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2005
Of course not all of the source code team have sent their letters off yet. :D

unmerged(40707)

Mar 1, 2005
Of course not all of the source code team have sent their letters off yet. :D
And they also have something to do for AGCEEP. ;)

Whats the ETA on the source code release? Hasn't it been almost a year since the code have been released?
Yes and it could take a decade, just like the map. :D

More seriously, sorry but we aren't allowed to answer this question without Paradox approval. Anyway, information will be delivered as soon as possible.

Nizzil

Corporal
1 Badges
Sep 2, 2007
  • For The Glory
Our only "promise" was to release it when it would be finished.

I won't go so far as to accuse you of lying, YodaMaster. We all appreciate the work you have done on AGCEEP, and when the new map comes out we will be even more grateful. But you are VERY forgetful apparently...

I know for a fact that the High Council notified its fans two times of expected release dates for the new map: once promising that it would be done by Christmas 2006 (or was it even 2005); and, at another time, confidently assuring everyone that the map would be out before EU3. I know that the posts are still out there somewhere - but why dig them up; why not be honest with us about what went wrong?

unmerged(40707)

Mar 1, 2005
We thought it could be easier and even Agung Pasha proposed his help in the first months... but unfortunately disappeared. If you remember, we also publicly asked for help in order to speed the process. Only thing that went "wrong" is Garbon's spare time and he was the only one for this not really sharable task. Nobody can blame him for this.

Garbon

Sultan d'Afrique
72 Badges
Feb 1, 2002
www.crystalempiregames.com
  • Imperator: Rome
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Deus Vult
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory

As we discussed before, I went through culling unnecessary seazones. We felt that we had too many, not too few. :)

Jan 9, 2005
Whatever happened to Agung? Anyone ever find out?

Last I heard he was helping out after an earthquake or tsunami or something?

unmerged(40707)

Mar 1, 2005
Whatever happened to Agung? Anyone ever find out?

Last I heard he was helping out after an earthquake or tsunami or something?
Yes, same last information... Too bad for the EU2 community (and worse for the victims of the disaster).

Kelvin

Occam's Chainsaw
7 Badges
Aug 22, 2002
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For The Glory
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Let's see...

The map was announced in October of 2005... Four years ago.

And still nothing.

I'm beginning to think that either there will be no map or it'll be ready about the same time EU IV gets released...