Is the Muslim takeover of western Sub-Sahara and the Orthodox takeover of Eastern Europe scripted?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
S

Siketh

In almost every one of by games it seems as though the native of sub-sahara and eastern europe convert to Islam and Orthodox respectively.

Are there scripted events for this or just a coincidence?

In almost every one of by games it seems as though the native of sub-sahara and eastern europe convert to Islam and Orthodox respectively.

I'd guess the proximity of the Umayyad and Byzantine Empires to each reason has a lot to do with it. I've never actually seen either really crumble without forced attention by me to do so. Left unchecked Iberia almost always becomes Muslim and a form that actively resists conversion and the Byz spread so out of control I'd bet a lot of holy warred Pagans convert solely to save their asses from the massive force coming at them

• 4Like
Reactions:

Haven't played an 867 long enough as outsider to see what happens to Russia, but Sahara deffo seems to go ashari quite regularly
I'd guess the proximity of the Umayyad and Byzantine Empires to each reason has a lot to do with it. I've never actually seen either really crumble without forced attention by me to do so. Left unchecked Iberia almost always becomes Muslim and a form that actively resists conversion and the Byz spread so out of control I'd bet a lot of holy warred Pagans convert solely to save their asses from the massive force coming at them
How much have you played this patch? I find the fervour balance makes the reconquista more balanced

• 1Like
Reactions:
Haven't played an 867 long enough as outsider to see what happens to Russia, but Sahara deffo seems to go ashari quite regularly

How much have you played this patch? I find the fervour balance makes the reconquista more balanced
It is more balanced yes but I've still never seen Catholicism actually win purely with AI, at best it stalemates. Usually Navarra goes down early and becomes Muslim leaving Asturias all alone to fight for it's life unless they secure an Alliance with West Francia, Aquitaine, or the inevitable Alba hordes that streamroll the isles long enough to build infastructure and even then by 1100 it's a tossup if Islam rolls or not.

It is more balanced yes but I've still never seen Catholicism actually win purely with AI, at best it stalemates. Usually Navarra goes down early and becomes Muslim leaving Asturias all alone to fight for it's life unless they secure an Alliance with West Francia, Aquitaine, or the inevitable Alba hordes that streamroll the isles long enough to build infastructure and even then by 1100 it's a tossup if Islam rolls or not.
Ah in 867 you found Iberia to constantly fall to Islam, in mine I found partition and de jure borders make asturias survive far better than it ever would in ck2, and 1066 normally comes out on top eventually