• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paradox like many studios these days, pampered their audience with constant updates. Now every gamer expects 100% transparency about every little thing thats going on. No, we dont have a right to information, its given to us as a gift. They dont owe us a thing. They could literally make them game quietly and a few month before release put out trailers and the like.
Actually, I would prefer that, simply market the game when it is finished, as all other none computer games companies do. Market a finished product, it's an excellent idea.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I rather have silence and work done rather than constant updates and delays, crunch (CDPR: We wont do crunch) and a rushed bad game.
I also rather have radio silence, than world-wide plague that wipe out 20% of human population ...
But dont see how is that relevant. o_O

Can you quote me that person who wanted "rushed bad game" ?

• 3Like
Reactions:
As long as they don't act all surprised and offended when a game fails like they did with Imperator, I don't mind waiting and the radio silence.
No, no and NO!
Imperator version 1.0.0 was exactly how they described in the weekly Dev Diaries. Nothing less, nothing more.
You may say that it was a poor content, or whatever you want (and the criticism on that version are all correct) but they never pretended that the game was different from what it was on the release date.
You may not like it, and myself didn't like it, at that time., but this is another story. (BTW nowadays I:R is just GREAT !, try it ).

End with I:R . back to BL2

We are talking about a game that was announced in 2019 , had a lot of drum and whistle and is currently under pre-sell (along with 2 minor and a major expansion) and of which we have no news since last summer (except some unofficial voices).

Are the Devs ought to say something ? No. Even if is "courtesy" to say what you are doing if you are selling your stuff
Are the Marketing Department and/or the Publishing house (Pdox) ought to say something? Oh well ! if they are selling their product, I'd say, yes: please tell me what are you selling, and don't say "oh you can see some youtube stuff and a couple of interview with people that actually is not in the dev cycle".

• 1Like
Reactions:
No, no and NO!
Imperator version 1.0.0 was exactly how they described in the weekly Dev Diaries. Nothing less, nothing more.
You may say that it was a poor content, or whatever you want (and the criticism on that version are all correct) but they never pretended that the game was different from what it was on the release date.
You may not like it, and myself didn't like it, at that time., but this is another story. (BTW nowadays I:R is just GREAT !, try it ).

Your comment has nothing to do with what I was saying AT ALL. Another poster suggested that Paradox doesn't own us anything. Fine, I can live with that. But if you choose to go from being open and communicative with your fan base about your game to dead silent, don't complain when your disrespect towards your fans comes back to bite you in the ass and your game is a commercial failure, like Johan did when the release of Imperator flopped because he sold us the empty shell of a game and wanted us to believe we should be elated with what we got.

Reactions:
Your comment has nothing to do with what I was saying AT ALL. Another poster suggested that Paradox doesn't own us anything. Fine, I can live with that. But if you choose to go from being open and communicative with your fan base about your game to dead silent, don't complain when your disrespect towards your fans comes back to bite you in the ass and your game is a commercial failure, like Johan did when the release of Imperator flopped because he sold us the empty shell of a game and wanted us to believe we should be elated with what we got.
They have to have a plan to relaunch a serous marketing campaign of the game at some point.... it they don't it could go the way you say.

I am waiting impatiently for that!

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Even if that campaign would allready suffer from half year of silence and frustration ...
Maybe not for everyone, but that "bad taste in mounth" will be there for long time.

• 3Like
Reactions:
They have to have a plan to relaunch a serous marketing campaign of the game at some point.... it they don't it could go the way you say.

I am waiting impatiently for that!

I agree, they'd have to, although I'm guessing they'd need to have a more certain release date (none has been given beyond late 2021).

They'd also have to have something to show that goes over well (they've failed twice, unfortunately, so their internal gauge of what's ready to show and what's not is off). I don't think either Paradox or Hardsuit by themselves knows what's okay to show (as the IGN trailer video showed, the comments for that video were pretty brutal).

I do hope they show some gameplay and more story elements., though!

Part of me wants to see what the system designers (especially the short-timer systems designers who don't have a long resume, like Erik Waaanamen, who's barely been there a year, so I'm skeptical about the system design decisions) and also more of the story elements (even though the Mass Effect: Andromeda writer replacing Mitsoda isn't something that thrills me, especially since the writer is apparently the partner of Erik the systems designer, so I guess nepotism at Hardsuit is alive and well - although that seems to be a theme on Glassdoor employee reviews).

Guess we'll see what comes out!

I:R flopped because everyone read the DDs and said "this isn't what we want" and Johan said "yeah it is, just wait till you play it" and surprise surprise, it launched and it wasn't the game anyone wanted. I:R's troubles are specifically because the devs didn't listen to their consumer base. I don't know what's going on with Vampire, but considering the wildly different ways each PDX team handles communicating with their customers, we can't really read any tea leaves based on what happened with other games. Personally, I think the game is in trouble. Either it's being scrapped and redone from the ground up, or there are so many internal things going on with the team that development has ground to a halt. Why do I think that? Because it's my guess based on the tiny drips of information we have about the game. At any time, the devs could do a DD, or an AMA, or even a long blog post about the game and probably go a long way to easing my (our) doubts and fears about the game. But they haven't. Instead they've been radio silent beyond a generic "COVID is hard to deal with" "update", which is nowhere near enough. Especially now, when everyone's long since learned how to deal with COVID and working remotely.

And to everyone saying PDX doesn't "owe" us anything, how does that corporate boot taste?

• 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
When Paradox have the gall to sell preorders, they sure as hell owe the customers basic communication about how the much delayed, key personnel fired, game is progressing.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.