• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well comparing a our cardboard box, wihich leaks some yellow fluid currently, with the thought experiment of a boxed system with no indicators of what's happening inside, is imo a bit off - but maybe that's just me ;)

Reactions:
I think it's come too far to be gutted, but with the new Mass Effect: Andromeda writer, I'm worried there's rewrites going on.

Regardless, I think it's safe to say we won't get Mitsoda's voice in this as intended, which is a shame.

I'm still hopelessly optimistic that the changes are ultimately for the better. It's not until just recent years that vampire fans have had *anything* great in the realm of video games. I'm one of those silly people still holding out hope for the option of a 3rd person perspective...and of course way more discipline/powers to choose from.

Sadly, I get the feeling that the earliest we could even hope for in terms of a release date isn't until Winter/Holiday 2021 at best.

• 2Like
Reactions:
well i think I am going to put in for my refund at once. If cyberpunk taught ppl one thing this year ,its that when a game company goes dark as night in reghards to a game, get worried! They never should have committed to putting that beast on last gen trash console hardware. Hell putting it on the so called Next gen of console trash hardware is kinda a joke.

Reactions:
Apparently, even worse, it's hard to get refunds on the console version of CP as well.

Also, considering how bugged the Paradox launcher seems to be from the General Forum, I'd hate to use that or any other PDX interface to try and get a PC refund, too.

Apparently, even worse, it's hard to get refunds on the console version of CP as well.

Also, considering how bugged the Paradox launcher seems to be from the General Forum, I'd hate to use that or any other PDX interface to try and get a PC refund, too.

Cyberpunk on Decent PC rigs is a total different experience. They never ever should have put it out on the old console. Just should have said we cant do it. They almost had to do that with the witcher 3 when last gens where the next gen.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Gutted is a bad word as it means different things to different people. Starting over from scratch? I don't see that happening. Why jettison several years or work? Specific systems? Yeah, probably.

Due to complaints about character animators, and adding some motion capturing late in the development process, I expect a lot of work right now has to do with rewriting the animation/character control system to actually be able to use it. It's probably a lot bigger/harder job than they initially thought. Hiring a guy from Assassin's Creed is probably with the thought that he'll have a better idea of how combat/movement should feel.

In the meantime, they're adding support for next-gen consoles if/when they can get their hands on development kits.

Might have actually hired graphics guys to spruce up the look of things to be appealing to the PS5 crowd. Sounds like their previous crew was thread-bare based on the developer letter concerning the blood magic art process.

Some quests might get tweaked, but if it's largely done they probably have the writers working on the DLC add-ons so that they'll be available sooner rather than later. Who knows? With a long enough delay maybe they can get some of the other clans into the story on release? :)

Gutted is a bad word as it means different things to different people. Starting over from scratch? I don't see that happening. Why jettison several years or work? Specific systems? Yeah, probably.

Due to complaints about character animators, and adding some motion capturing late in the development process, I expect a lot of work right now has to do with rewriting the animation/character control system to actually be able to use it. It's probably a lot bigger/harder job than they initially thought. Hiring a guy from Assassin's Creed is probably with the thought that he'll have a better idea of how combat/movement should feel.

In the meantime, they're adding support for next-gen consoles if/when they can get their hands on development kits.

Might have actually hired graphics guys to spruce up the look of things to be appealing to the PS5 crowd. Sounds like their previous crew was thread-bare based on the developer letter concerning the blood magic art process.

Some quests might get tweaked, but if it's largely done they probably have the writers working on the DLC add-ons so that they'll be available sooner rather than later. Who knows? With a long enough delay maybe they can get some of the other clans into the story on release? :)
If they are doing anything more than polish, then they lied to us.

Reactions:

Is a better animation system polish or is it "gutting?" All of these things are very inexact words. Either way, when they initally planned on an early 2020 release there was a certain expectation of what that would look like. They since then changed their minds. That isn't lying, it's called moving-the-goalpost or changing-your-mind.

Moody?

Bugged ? I've no issue with the pdx launcher for eu4, ck3, hoi4, Imperator or Stellaris.

Why ?
Did they say anything, lately ?

Moreover, if they will polish for a whole year, the game will wear out from too much rubbing..

Is a better animation system polish or is it "gutting?" All of these things are very inexact words. Either way, when they initally planned on an early 2020 release there was a certain expectation of what that would look like. They since then changed their minds. That isn't lying, it's called moving-the-goalpost or changing-your-mind.

Moody?
Yes, I fed up, of not having any news, and seeing what happened to CP then I think changing it for next generation consuls is a mistake.

Reactions:
I see we have here another smartypants ...
Can you list me at least five open, or semi-open world games that was released in perfect shape?

Let me do that for you:
none.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, I fed up, of not having any news, and seeing what happened to CP then I think changing it for next generation consuls is a mistake.

I wouldn't characterize it as changing it for the next generation. I'd characterize it as improving things for the PC and supporting the next generation while they're waiting in order to recoup the additional money being spent on the project.

Whether it's a mistake or not, time will tell. If they get the PC revamp done, then decide not the release it for 6 months because they don't have a PS5 version yet, yes, that would be a mistake and induce unneccessary ire. Simultaneous release is not neccessary.

Last edited:
Oh my sweet summer child ...

(Notice how that list is prolonging with newer and newer games. :) )

• 2Like
Reactions:
Oh my sweet summer child ...

(Notice how that list is prolonging with newer and newer games. :) )
Yet I never experienced them.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Neither did anyone who i know experienced any major bugs in Cyberpunk ...
I dont think that is anyhow relevant. :D

Point is simple ... game have bugs ... milion players test fast ... then there is patches ...
This is just how that circle goes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.