• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean become ridiculously popular, bcs of incredibly sucesfull marketing actions ...
And earn publisher few billions?

Doubt that.

So far it seem more like Duke Nukem: Forever.
Huge hype at start ... then few delays ... then long silence ... and then abandoned and forgoten ... eventualy released, but nobody cared anymore, really.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Meh.. There will be another marketing wave.

It is sad to see how many efforts have gone to waste though. I think they had a pretty solid marketing campaign for the first half of 2020. The ARG, the site game bonuses, the clan/faction reveals.. was pretty neat. I remember how many different parts of the internet were speculating on what the signs meant.. heh. Then the reveal blew me away. And a lot of others as well. Over on the CP2077 forums, even the devs were commenting how excited they all were for the sequel.. then the shit hit the fan and here we are.

Reactions:
I think they had a pretty solid marketing campaign for the first half of 2020. The ARG, the site game bonuses, the clan/faction reveals.. was pretty neat. I remember how many different parts of the internet were speculating on what the signs meant.. heh.
Yeah ... but that was end of 2019, not first half of 2020. :(

Reactions:
It depends ...
Dev diaries continued, once uppon a time there was tiny mention in WoD news, and Xbox trailer was released ... oh and ofcourse there was Paradox insider, as part of Guerilla ... quite sad event if you ask me, but it happened.

But last youtube video about clans, was Malkavian, streamed live 31. 5. 2019 ... so it wasnt even second half of 2019, it was first one. :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
This forum is sad. Always gamers hating on devs and being doom and gloom. No patience, instant gratification needed. Need dev diary every month or the world will end. Seriously. Wait. For. The game. To release.

...weren't you banned? And now you're back. Oh joy.

We probably won't know for sure until release, but all the signs and missteps so far have not painted a good picture of the game's development. Also, they seem to make a lot of bad decisions (hyping and firing Mitsoda, then hiring Mass Effect: Andromeda writer to replace him, bad art direction, etc.).

Not a day one purchase, but will keep an open mind and read reviews of the game (but likely not the mainstream press, they keep messing up their reviews, so I'll likely check out a Let's Play or see what the users think).

• 2Like
Reactions:
See Moderator Warning
Do you really think this is an appropriate comment? (hint it's a rhetorical question)

The forum is a place for conversation about the games, and not one for personal commentary about other posters.

Post on topic to threads and play nice or don't post, lest option 3 becomes your only option.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Just to get a giggle from everyone... you do know that an AI computer recently solved the Schrödinger equation? o_O That means they can now figure out if the cat is ok or not. ;)
Actually, the solution of the Schroedinger's equation Is well known since 1926.

I fail to see how anything related to Schrödinger equation has relevance to this thread

We probably won't know for sure until release, but all the signs and missteps so far have not painted a good picture of the game's development. Also, they seem to make a lot of bad decisions (hyping and firing Mitsoda, then hiring Mass Effect: Andromeda writer to replace him, bad art direction, etc.).

Not a day one purchase, but will keep an open mind and read reviews of the game (but likely not the mainstream press, they keep messing up their reviews, so I'll likely check out a Let's Play or see what the users think).
I think that was me hadadad is right and sarah is right to we need to wait well i mean we are but even if we lose hype for BL2 we will get it back when a release date is given i mean it can stay in dev for 7 years like CP 2077 then they give a new trailer with a new release date

Reactions:
Well since people don't want to discuss the OP, but instead want to only quote posts from before the thread warning, this thread is now closed

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.