• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KatoCatV

Second Lieutenant
7 Badges
Jan 17, 2023
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
No matter how hard I try, my sworn enemy with excellent skills holds the position of regent with maximum power... He can't overthrow me.

Can AI do this?
Are there "coup witnesses"?

There's also some things that'll stop them doing it: IIRC, if they're honest/loyal/just then they won't even consider it. Might also be blocking ye.

Reactions:
No matter how hard I try, my sworn enemy with excellent skills holds the position of regent with maximum power... He can't overthrow me.

Can AI do this?
Are there "coup witnesses"?
Trying to get the achievement was a lot of work, if it is somewhat difficult for players I'm guessing it is twice as hard for the AI. I think I have ignored most of my regents and I remeber only once having an entrenched regency that wouldnt give up

Reactions:
I think that this whole swing the scales interaction should be removed or at least heavily restricted. Instead regency power should function more like a struggle. What happens in the game should give or take power from the regent: like regent leading a successful war, marrying ruler's family especially mother of a underage king, having good relations and friends with powerful vassals etc. To get rid of power hungry regent player would need to improve relations with powerful vassals, win wars initiated by himself or use intrigue to plot to kill or imprison a regent.

Also regent power should reset if he dies. It doesn't make any sense that informal power based on personal authority and charisma is inherited. My uncle was a powerful regent which i couldn't touch and then suddenly some no name vassal inherits regency and he has the same power?

Also regents should be able to influence regency succesion to have their son inherit. It would allow scenarios known from Merovingian realm or Japan when diarch office was made hereditary with time.

Having to do things in game or plot to violently remove regent would be much more immersive and fun than just clicking swing scales button from time to time.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Having to do things in game or plot to violently remove regent would be much more immersive and fun than just clicking swing scales button from time to time
I've been disappointed with the lack of reprisal opportunities for after the regency is over. I would really like more flavor in torturing and executing an abusive regent who falls from power. But that can only be satisfying with the regency mechanics to accompany it.

• 3Like
Reactions: