Is the Converter for CKII and EUIV going to be updated for Emperor?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Heavenly Serpent

First Lieutenant
46 Badges
Jun 15, 2017
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
So, I got into EU4 by playing Crusader Kings 2 and converting saves over from one game to the other, near the beginning of the year, and now I've played more than 500 hours, a lot of which has been converted from Crusader Kings 2. But as we get closer to the release of Emperor, there's no news about it being updated, and it hasn't gotten a pass for Manchu yet.

I had to manually update it to add all the new provinces in the Steppe, a region that doesn't behave well because of the way the converter handles hordes. There's a ton of provinces in the north of Khorasan and the Taklamakan basin that are incorrectly given to "Mongolia," with a handful going to Uzbek and Oirat regardless because those provinces aren't in the converter at all.

Furthermore, there's a handful of bugs that only occur in converted saves - you can't use Influence Ideas because the second idea in the group is bugged to be unpickable, and mousing over the conditions for Colonialism to appear in a province crashes the game to desktop.

Furthermore, there are a handful of new tags that were added to the game with the Holy Fury expansion, like Outremer and the Slavic Union, and it'd be really cool if those could get their own unique Ideas. Shouldn't Outremer become a sort of Spain for timelines where it exists, but exploring and invading Asia directly to spread Christianity from its strategic base on the Arabian Peninsula? Shouldn't the Slavic Union behave like a supercharged Russia?

Anyway, I just wanted to bring this to the community's attention because I was able to get into EU4 because of the Converter, when the base game was just too labyrinthine for me to get into, and I hope that other people will be able to in the future, especially now that CKII is free to play. I've heard that the EUIV team is in charge of updating the converter from here on out, and I just wanted to make sure that the team knows that someone cares.

Reactions:
There a converter mod on the steam workshop. Seems like its kept reasonably up to date.
I know a mod isn't exactly what you're talking about, but check it out. It maybe the best option.

The mod is just a delivery mechanism for the actual converter, hosted on this very forum under ck2/mods subforum.

By actual I don't mean official DLC one, of course.

The converter is perhaps one of the coolest features in all of the paradox games. It lets you take an obscure tribe and lead it to a Colonial world empire. I would love to see this feature updated and maintained, especially since I payed for it!