• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is being ported. The AGOT team has already said so on their discord and reddit page.

Don’t know when they’ll add a forum page here though. Probably when the first release happens.

Reactions:
i don't actually know, but i'd bet money that it will be. how long that will take is the issue.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Repost of their announcement in may 2020 in their Citadel forum

Hey all!

Soon after the announcement of CK3 we began getting the same common inquiry from the forums, reddit, and discord: "will the mod move on to CK3?" And our responses were almost always something similar to either "Yes, eventually," or "we hope so."

It was hardly November when kuczaja and I began to run with the creation of some kind of foundation for the AGOT future, all while having zero concrete idea of the direction to set our feet. In many ways that still hasn't changed; our somewhat uncertain process of preparation began mostly with using newer Paradox games (like Imperator) to re-write and re-format our files. We expected some changes and optimization in code, and I started trying to change and upscale our graphics files to be more versatile in preparation for any upcoming resizing.

One such example comes from official CK3 Dev Diaries, where the community learned that provinces would go from counties to baronies. That meant some ambitious map changes (based on a combo of CK2/Imperator knowledge) while trying to make our files versatile for future size changes as necessary.

And it's possible -- heck, probable -- that chunks of this tentative prep will not randomly and conveniently fit together in the end. The dev team aren't magicians, but we're going to try in vain anyhow.
:D

Anyway, if it has not been clear: kuczaja and I will be officially running the mod as it moves forward into CK3. So the two of us will understandably be focused forward. And that focus does include creating the full CK3AGOT dev team. We are openly recruiting both old and new blood that want to help us create the AGOT mod for CK3.

This is a little uncertain and vague, but that's where we are at right now.

The active goal is to get as diverse and specialized a team together to simultaneously compartmentalize responsibilities and work cohesively. This is so we can release something (1) as soon as possible and (2) as successful as possible after CK3's release. For the few who have already reached out, it's why I have been trying to figure out your passions and skill sets.

Getting this off the ground is going to be an endeavor, but I'm confident we will succeed. That "we hope so" answer that I mentioned to start this announcement has disappeared... The answer is now just "yes," though it still has that very hard "eventually" attached to it.
;)

Oh -- if you are interested in recruitment, contact me. I don't care how. Messages on the forums, discord, whatever.

IF you wonder where that forum is, simply search for "agot" (or the fullname) and "citadel".
Should get the result on the first or second page.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I bought CK3 at launch, played, it annoyed me very deeply so I got back to CK2 (and to the AGoT mod, of course).

I don't know if the devs of CK3 are still against making the AI marry matrilineally, having huge religious crisis every day or if they solved half the dynasties dying out every 10 ingame minutes (not to mention how out of hand the branching of dynasties got, with the most minimal dynasty who happens to not die out having like 10 branches), but if they didn't solve that in the vanilla version, I don't think it will work with the universe of AGoT, where most dynasties are VERY resilient.

• 1Like
Reactions:
CK3 has no merchant republics, which play important role in GoT, so CKII is definitely better choice for GoT.

• 2Like
Reactions: