• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Doubt it tbh. This is the first post in here in 3 months. It's a shame, really; the combat system was pretty good and it made a fun, fast MP experience. But MotE was never really deep enough to have big replay value.

Reactions:
Yeah, unfortunately. Support didn't even last for a year, game didn't sell too well.

This game was a self-fulfilling prophecy. PI emphasized the idea that "this is a side project in between our mainline games" so many people chose to ignore it. If it was given the same support that Stellaris was given it would have done well. The nice thing about it is that it does not take as much effort to organize an MP game because it is shorter and requires less commitment. So it is still not impossible to get people for a game these days.

Reactions:
sooooooo who wants to play Diplomacy with me...? ha

This game was a self-fulfilling prophecy. PI emphasized the idea that "this is a side project in between our mainline games" so many people chose to ignore it. If it was given the same support that Stellaris was given it would have done well. The nice thing about it is that it does not take as much effort to organize an MP game because it is shorter and requires less commitment. So it is still not impossible to get people for a game these days.

Same goes with Sengoku. I bought both of them from sale back in 2013 and these games offer enjoyment for a while, but since there are no new features which keep you interested, it is hard to find motivation to play. Heck, they haven't even bothered to fix the most annoying flaws of these games. I do still occasionally play this game (although I mostly play just SP), because it is much shorter than other Paradox games (with the exception of Diplomacy), but most of the time I play something else instead.

I liked this one a lot for a while barring the ping pong effect and maybe the very short timeline. But it was a micro-light game which enabled some cool alt-history endings.