• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jubej Thos

Recruit
Apr 4, 2020
Hello I'm trying to play the game.

I don't think my system is so bad, that the game even on low settings is terrible lagging.

My system:

Asus A320M-K
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT
16 GB RAM
Win7 64bit

Did someone ever have the same problem and can give me a tip? Or is my system real to bad for the game?
It's just the vanillagame. No DLC's no mods.

Thanks for helping.

EDIT: Oh damn, after a reinstall, the game is running like butter. Don't know why.

Sorry for acting like a noob and greetings from Germany :D

Last edited:
Your syustem isn't bad. Just the mainboard wich isn't so great. Your main problem may be the fact you are in Windows 7, wich is EOL right now. I'm pretty sure you couldn't install correctly the neccessary drivers , especially for the graphic card. Try to migrate to Windows 10, it'll work more better.

My system is a tad better, though similar in many regards, but if there is something keeping you from Windows 10 and you are willing to try it: Surviving Mars runs great on my Linux OS despite that I run it off the HDD (the OS and the game itself). Can give a recommendation or two and a video link for setting this up if you like.

But if the re-install did the trick, then all the better!