• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Plot twist, *you* were Kyros all along. You slipped while getting out of the bathtub, bonked your noggin on the edge of the tub and got amnesia. The entire "adventure" is just you stumbling around in a daze.
Just replace the bathtub with magical crystal when conducting some evil experiment.
I wish that would be the case because that reminds me on one of my favorite characterization.

41744707f1748ace85d7964dc394aeb7.jpg

Reactions:
Reactions:
That was Bioware's story; Obsidian's story would be more like we kill Kyros with the help of Kyros's old magic teacher.
I was thinking more the 'your character is Super Special, but you have no real idea why, and nothing in the game is really going to tell you why or give you much context' Plus, Nameless One sort of semi-amnesia, where it doesn't make sense and doesn't affect you after the opening sequence.

I was thinking more the 'your character is Super Special, but you have no real idea why, and nothing in the game is really going to tell you why or give you much context'

Eh, I think that's a pretty staple element of most fantasy story telling.Most narratives need to establish some reason for you to be the center of the story, as opposed to some other schmuck.

Eh, I think that's a pretty staple element of most fantasy story telling.Most narratives need to establish some reason for you to be the center of the story, as opposed to some other schmuck.
It looks like Tyranny is taking a page out of Pillars of Eternity's playbook too, with the mysterious magical event changing everything. In PoE you not only awakened but became a watcher, and in Tyranny I'm betting you become an archon somehow, or at least a potential archon. Maybe most of the game is picking our least-favorite archon and taking his spot (in which case sorry Tunon, I actually like you but I do want your job).

I don't know about girly lol A strong, decisive powerful woman, who was also romanceable, would be awesome though ;)
If that's the case then she probably has a dungeon the size of a continent to put her toys in, your character among them, if it survives up until that point. I recommend a vitality and resolve heavy build.

If that's the case then she probably has a dungeon the size of a continent to put her toys in, your character among them, if it survives up until that point. I recommend a vitality and resolve heavy build.
A dungeon? You tease! :D Hope my character doesn't have to share with some other plaything.... or do I....hmmmm? ;)

My objection to the girly part is that the word always puts me in mind of a jrpg, in which a powerful woman must either be scantily clad and busty but overlly emotional or a little girl and overly emotional. Where are the kick-ass women who are in tune with their feminine nature, while exhibiting traits usually reserved (inaccurately so) for the guys.

Morrigan was a good example (though still scantily clad)

A dungeon? You tease! :D Hope my character doesn't have to share with some other plaything.... or do I....hmmmm? ;)

My objection to the girly part is that the word always puts me in mind of a jrpg, in which a powerful woman must either be scantily clad and busty but overlly emotional or a little girl and overly emotional. Where are the kick-ass women who are in tune with their feminine nature, while exhibiting traits usually reserved (inaccurately so) for the guys.

Morrigan was a good example (though still scantily clad)
If Kyros is female, then she is a goddess and clothing wouldn't really matter. A person that powerful would probably just wear whatever they wanted, and if they don't like the bunnygirl outfit then slap an edict the size of the Burning Library on their ass.

I've been reading alot of previews and developer interviews and such and have noticed that Kyros is being refered to interchangably as a man AND a woman at different times by different people (including developers!), so which is it? While I don't think it would make a vast amount of difference really, especially as I doubt we'll see much of Kyros beyond reference and perhaps a small appearance either in voice or person but, to the best of my knowledge, there haven't been many examples in crpgs in which, the all powerfull conqueror and supreme ruler has been a woman. Obvious examples in D&D not withstanding.

I do think it would be a nice variation for a change if Kyros is woman.

There is an article on PC Gamer about this. No one knows if Kyros is man or woman. No one knows if Kyros is even a person at all, or rather an idea or a group of people. Kyros might turn out to be a computer in a cave. Kyros might be a being beyond traditional sexes, or a family of people or a spirit that moves from host to host.

I certainly hope Kyros is a 1960's computer and I can defeat it by posing it a paradox, causing a feedback loop.

You get to meet Kyros but if you haven't invested into throwing weapons you're screwed because you need to use a frisbee to defeat him. Going for any fighting style other than thrown weapons is the ultimate noob trap. It also makes the game perfectly balanced becuase only one character build is viable.
18gglxm91w6rejpg.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
I've been reading alot of previews and developer interviews and such and have noticed that Kyros is being refered to interchangably as a man AND a woman at different times by different people (including developers!), so which is it? While I don't think it would make a vast amount of difference really, especially as I doubt we'll see much of Kyros beyond reference and perhaps a small appearance either in voice or person but, to the best of my knowledge, there haven't been many examples in crpgs in which, the all powerfull conqueror and supreme ruler has been a woman. Obvious examples in D&D not withstanding.

I do think it would be a nice variation for a change if Kyros is woman.

I don't know if anyone still even reads this thread, nor if anyone will even see this, but Kyros is female. Tunon, who I personally consider the most credible and impartial person in the game, the dude might as well be a robot for all the emotion and personality (or lack thereof) that he displays, only ever uses female pronouns in regards to the overlord. He uses pronouns only once, in the ending where you convince him NOT to kill you and even rebel against Kyros with you.

Sorry for bumping a dead thread, just thought I'd post in case anyone actually revisits or stumbles upon this thread in the future.

is kyros real?
The thread lives! Well, maybe it's just shuddering it's last gasp before it finally fades away, lol.
The answer to that question is yes. Syrin, party member and the Archon of Song, can tell the player about an extravagant ball she was at with the overlord.

[Obligatory Spoiler Warning}

She tells the Fatebinder that she hates the overlord and that she hates people who try to control her in general. At the ball she used her powers to try and make Kyros commit suicide. She didn't do so intentionally, and when the overlord grabbed a sword out some random guards scabbard, Syrin was shocked at her momentary loss of control of her own emotions and powers, and the overlord played it off by raising the sword into the air and making a toast to the assembled aristocracy. After that little stunt Kyros and the Voices of Nerat fashioned Syrin's helmet in order to weaken and better control her.

If you talk to the Archon Sirin after you recruit her and talk to her about Kyros which by the way she knows far more about Kyros than anyone. You find out that she was raised/lived/trained with Kyros personally and she tells you that Kyros is both a male and female. Cause when you talk to Sirin about Kyros she'll constantly go back and forth calling Kyros a He or She