• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm still puzzled by how some people actually thought they'd design, implement, and balance a new turn based system from the ground up, not to mention the overlay/interface/procedure processes/animations. And then force that into the assets they've been building with their Pillars frame work to replace a working system that's already in place. It'd be one thing if the game announcement showed us design that looked radically different than what we were shown. But man, it was obvious from the beginning this was a continuation of their modern IE genre. The rapid time-table should have been another major clue. I get loving turn-based systems, but all this hope just looks a little like madness.

Turn based ftw. I know the youngsters like to pretend it didn't exist, and that the boring elderly want to pretend it 'died', but turn based has and will always be around.

That said, I can deal with real time if it has pause.

my only concern is game will be same as Pillers. I hope this time, they try without restrictions and allows kitting and all. Some people loves to play real time Its much more satisfying

Turn based ftw. I know the youngsters like to pretend it didn't exist, and that the boring elderly want to pretend it 'died', but turn based has and will always be around.

That said, I can deal with real time if it has pause.

I have played more TB than RTwP in my life and i have highlighted why RTwP is the best way i'd preferred. RTwP can actually be "tweaked" to make it turn-based if you so prefer. Like pause every 6 secs.. which actually 1 round in DnD terms? As for TB you can't do the other way round and it has very bad limitations. Every turn you are only limited with 1 actions and that defeats the purpose of so many available options you have: move, attack, skills, spells, utility, items, etc. All in all, it boils down to personal preference but i'd much prefer RTwP.

That isn't necessarily true, there are games where you can take multiple actions per turn.

Yes you are right. I have mentioned it before where Original Sins did that. But still the options are very restricted plus it will render some game mechanics like attack speed and % chance to hit/trigger pain in the arse. When your warrior on every turn can only get 1 to 2 hits and everytime it misses compared to a mage that where the elemental damage is a confirm hit, you don't think there's a problem? Often against the AI and the difficulty, the AI has unfair advantage over the players by very high %chance. That became a game of luck and not so much fun. Also, as i said it all boils down to personal preference. I will still play DOS2 though but i gladly replay POE anytime more.

So, we don't even know basic stuff like this? :p
Nope. All we really know is the turn-around from PoE (the expansions just finished a month or two ago) is really fast, and features a lot of reused assets (I recognize most of the objects in the campground screenshot from pillars), and this is somehow a 2016 release? Feeling rushed is putting it mildly.

Nope. All we really know is the turn-around from PoE (the expansions just finished a month or two ago) is really fast, and features a lot of reused assets (I recognize most of the objects in the campground screenshot from pillars), and this is somehow a 2016 release? Feeling rushed is putting it mildly.

We know that it's based on the eternity engine, uses real-time with pause gameplay, and that's it's a game that Obsidian has wanted to make in one form or another for about a decade.

RTwP is fine by me. I even liked the Engagement System in PoE in the later Patches. Still I TB isn't a dealbreaker either. Story and setting is what is compelling me to the game.