• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Androktonos

Corporal
1 Badges
Sep 7, 2018
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
There're some interesting on-going campaigns in my old PC which I would like to resume in my new PC. If I simply copy paste the save file which appears within EU 3 installation folder, should my former campaigns appear?

Thanks in advance.

There're some interesting on-going campaigns in my old PC which I would like to resume in my new PC. If I simply copy paste the save file which appears within EU 3 installation folder, should my former campaigns appear?

Thanks in advance.
Haven't played EUIII in quite a long time. But, as i recall, if the file is in the appropriate folder, they will be found by the game.

If they're in the appropriate Saves folder, they'll appear, and as long as you have the same expansions and patches, they should run. I've transferred saves from my old rig (with the base game installed from the original CD plus downloaded GamersGate and GOG expansions) to the new one (downloaded from Amazon and GOG, I believe), and it worked fine. Unfortunately, the installation program on the original CD no longer runs (like the vast majority of my game CDs), due to Windows 10 no longer supporting the on-disc DRM.