• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Androktonos

Corporal
1 Badges
Sep 7, 2018
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
Hi. I remember when I played HTTT it was possible to annex the capital province of a country when it was isolated, even if it was a country of more provinces. For example, I annexed Edirne from Ottomans when it was totally surrounded by other countries and the and the rest of their territories were in the interior of Asia Minor.

Now in DW, I wish to annex Venice. I have conquered Treviso, which it is the only province connected to Venice, and I cannot take Venice at the peace terms. Venice has also territories at Greece. I guess this mechanic has changed from HTTT and I will have to come back for the venetian capital in a future war, but is it possible to annex it now somehow?

Apologize for my english. Thanks in advance.

The mechanics have not changed from HTTT to DW. You have a slightly different circumstance.
You can take an isolated capital, including a costal capital as long as it doesn't have a costal connection to another province ( it is not considered isolated then ).
So in your Edirne example is sounds like the Ottomans had no other costal provinces so you could take it. From the sound of your current situation, Venice has a costal capital and other coastal provinces. So you won't be able take their capital until their other coastal provinces are gone.
Best approach is demand they release as many countries as you can make them. Less BB.