• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I am currently reading William Manchester's excellent book "American Caesar". I got a burst of nostalgia and purchased HOI2 once again on Steam (I owned the old boxed version which I gave away years ago). Unfortunately I don't have any of the old sprite packs I had installed on my old computer. Is there any active link to a self installing sprite pack I can use? The generic sprites are pretty poor...

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the source files or any instructions. I found one file archive from this thread, but it is organized in such a way that I have no idea what the sprites are and what I actually need to install or where...

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the source files or any instructions. I found one file archive from this thread, but it is organized in such a way that I have no idea what the sprites are and what I actually need to install or where...

Copy/cut everything from the SKIFIcons folder, and paste it into the Doomsday folder, specifically in the Doomday > GFX > Interface > Models folder

Well, I gave this a go and No dice. I copied and overwrote the SKIFIcons folder and confirmed it took. I then launched HOI2 and none of the sprites and images have changed. Next I went back and copied both the GIP "Doomsday" and "Placeholder" folders and merged all files and overwrote where conflicts erupted. As there appears to be no Placeholder folder ion my original install I just copied that into the root directory of my HOI2 folder. Then I launched HOI2 again and still no change. Now it occurs to me that I am confused by the specific reference to "Doomsday". What is Doomsday? I have the complete version just purchased off steam located here on my PC:

D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Hearts of Iron 2 Complete Pack

When I launch a new game I have a choice of either "Hearts of Iron II" or "Armageddon". I launched my game with the first option. Please advise, thanks!