Is 1.25 the best EU4 version? Or some other patch?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cthulhu has made ae calculator spreadsheet since 2014 I think. I do not think ae was really more then.. the mechanics were just unknown in early year or launch year..

I think some players like to go back to patches before art of war.. but i would not want to go sieging all provinces again.
Sieging all provinces again does mean majors can't blob as easily tho surely as they'll still bleed manpower

Or did manpower recovery and attrition work differently then?

Sieging all provinces again does mean majors can't blob as easily tho surely as they'll still bleed manpower

Or did manpower recovery and attrition work differently then?

attrition was brutal.. I don't remember those early years fully, so please my nnumbers with grain of salt. But scorching earth combined with russia winter weather could give like 20% attrition max (i vaguely remember sommin like 18-20). And I think supply limit was LOT lower back then too.

Just try it out if you want to :)

I don't want to do all province sieges again cause it slowed down game by a ton, since you gotta guard many many sieges, or micromanage stacks to trigger shatered retreat on all enemy armies within one month of war..

I got an AAR on Ryukyu one tag from that age in my signature. If you want a read on those early days..

I'm sorry I don't remember the exact numbers or mechanics that well.. Its 6+ years ago and the game has changed SO much and rules on stuff changed SO many times that it all becomes blurry.

Unpopular opinion, but 1.30.4 best version?

Seriously, most bugs have been fixed. Moving capitals has been fixed. Religious conversion has been mostly fixed. Endgame nations is an ingame option. Estate changes. More tags. More provinces. More religions. Trade Companies aren't the hail marie anymore. The AI debt problem has been mostly fixed. Honestly, AI still can go bankrupt, but they're not doing it more than they used to. If you ruin a country financially, it's supposed to go bankrupt.

In general, more options.

I don't see the need for nostalgia here.

Reactions:

Seriously, most bugs have been fixed. Moving capitals has been fixed. Religious conversion has been mostly fixed. Endgame nations is an ingame option
END GAME TAGS IS AN INGAME OPTION
WHEN
H
E
N
That's awesome, but shame Rum still can't be formed by England and Prussia
Estate changes. More tags. More provinces. More religions. Trade Companies aren't the hail marie anymore. The AI debt problem has been mostly fixed. Honestly, AI still can go bankrupt, but they're not doing it more than they used to. If you ruin a country financially, it's supposed to go bankrupt.

Estates are far better but I wish they got fleshed out further
Religions aren;t very fleshed out tho, hussites could've got alot more

attrition was brutal.. I don't remember those early years fully, so please my nnumbers with grain of salt. But scorching earth combined with russia winter weather could give like 20% attrition max (i vaguely remember sommin like 18-20). And I think supply limit was LOT lower back then too.

I don't want to do all province sieges again cause it slowed down game by a ton, since you gotta guard many many sieges, or micromanage stacks to trigger shatered retreat on all enemy armies within one month of war..

I got an AAR on Ryukyu one tag from that age in my signature. If you want a read on those early days..

I'm sorry I don't remember the exact numbers or mechanics that well.. Its 6+ years ago and the game has changed SO much and rules on stuff changed SO many times that it all becomes blurry.
Was the cap on ai attrition being 5% because it was easier than telling ai not to stack their armies on the 20% attrition provinces?

END GAME TAGS IS AN INGAME OPTION
WHEN
H
E
N
That's awesome, but shame Rum still can't be formed by England and Prussia

Since 1.30 it's an option.

And you can form Rum with England, not sure why you think it's not possible. You need both a religious change as a culture shift, but it sure is possible.

Just as possible as me forming Mughals with Oda I did recently.

Seriously, most bugs have been fixed. Moving capitals has been fixed. Religious conversion has been mostly fixed. Endgame nations is an ingame option. Estate changes. More tags. More provinces. More religions. Trade Companies aren't the hail marie anymore. The AI debt problem has been mostly fixed. Honestly, AI still can go bankrupt, but they're not doing it more than they used to. If you ruin a country financially, it's supposed to go bankrupt.

Endgame is a ironman disabling option so it changed nothing except make you not download the mod wich disabled it anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Since 1.30 it's an option.

And you can form Rum with England, not sure why you think it's not possible. You need both a religious change as a culture shift, but it sure is possible.

Just as possible as me forming Mughals with Oda I did recently.
In previous patches at least England and Prussia were barred for some reason. Mughals with Oda ideas seems kinda cool, I've wanted to try steppe -> mughals before
Endgame is a ironman disabling option so it changed nothing except make you not download the mod wich disabled it anyway.
ah thats why i hadnt heard about it

I'm more of a role player myself than mechanic focused. So I think the patch with the most amount of flavor is the best patch. Which unless this game is Stellaris that is the latest patch. 1.30

What signature?

I see two completely different lines of thought in this thread, one is about the AI working best and one is about people not liking peace time mechanics and blobbing limits. Why do people want the game to make religious conversions quick and cheap and why an ease of blobbing is some kind of focal point?

• 1Like
Reactions:

But, unfortunately, AI is broke and there is feature bloat which AI can't manage...

Reactions:
I see two completely different lines of thought in this thread, one is about the AI working best and one is about people not liking peace time mechanics and blobbing limits. Why do people want the game to make religious conversions quick and cheap and why an ease of blobbing is some kind of focal point?
Making religious conversion slower and more expensive doesnt make religious conversion more "strategic" its just makes playing religious with certain religions completely impossible.

Reactions: