• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello, I have an issue, I dunno why but today the manager loaded fine but then I loaded it again and I am getting "Fatal error, unhandled errro" and it closes without leaving a log file.
I tried reinstalling uninstalling the thing but does not work so I am not sure what it could be, any ideas?

Okay some times it did load if I installed an older version but then I installed a nwer one and it failed and I reinstalled that older version and it FAILS again I don't know why this is happening.

Last edited:
Okay so I found that file, and apparently it's the database json that got corrupted somehow, deleted it and the mod manager works fine.
Very odd.

Seems I got the bug again but I think it happened when I clicked to load irony, it did not load immediately so I clicked to load it again, 2 instances of irony loaded, one of it ran the game, closed both, next time I did the same opening 2 ironys the database bugged.

I don't monitor the forums usually, I try to check out this thread from time to time though.

Hit CTRL+A to select all mods for a shortcut (this would be the default state).

It's a bare bones gitignore like clone. You can ignore conflicts by:
- folder or by file extension
- mod name (mod filter is actually using this)
- certain definition types (like anything prefixed with a certain building name)

For some examples check out the Irony's GitHub wiki and discussions section. I cannot post direct GitHub links here (unless the forum rules have changed -- which I doubt). You'll have to google for Irony GitHub link. Or hop on to the Stellaris Modding Den discord which also has all of these links in a sticky (I think).

in mod filter menu, CTRL+A doesn't work.

Attachments

• 화면 캡처 2021-07-02 110524.jpg
    화면 캡처 2021-07-02 110524.jpg
    67,7 KB · Views: 0
Executable or binary are what you use to launch an application it could be hoi4.exe, eu4.exe, stellaris.exe. If you want to pass some arguments to the game you use GameArgs section.

Has the ability to use an external editor, like VS Code, been disabled in the latest version? I have the editor configured in Irony, but a right-click in the conflict viewer doesn't show a link to use an external editor anymore. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I can't seem to figure out what I'm overlooking here.

Has the ability to use an external editor, like VS Code, been disabled in the latest version? I have the editor configured in Irony, but a right-click in the conflict viewer doesn't show a link to use an external editor anymore. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I can't seem to figure out what I'm overlooking here.
It's still there in the editable modes (default or advanced)

Is it useful to report a fatal error here?

Code:
Unhandled error ocurred. Please use this information to file a bug report:

2022-04-02 19:31:04.9836 Version: 1.21.124+066eccaa0c
OS Description: Darwin 21.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 21.3.0: Wed Jan  5 21:37:58 PST 2022; root:xnu-8019.80.24~20/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000
Runtime Identifier: osx.12-x64
 ReactiveUI.UnhandledErrorException: An object implementing IHandleObservableErrors (often a ReactiveCommand or ObservableAsPropertyHelper) has errored, thereby breaking its observable pipeline. To prevent this, ensure the pipeline does not error, or Subscribe to the ThrownExceptions property of the object in question to handle the erroneous case.
 ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Length cannot be less than zero. (Parameter 'length'))
 ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero. (Parameter 'length')
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at IronyModManager.Parser.Generic.KeyParser.CanParse(CanParseArgs args) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager.Parser\Generic\KeyParser.cs:line 87
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.TryGetFirst[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate, Boolean& found)
   at IronyModManager.Parser.ParserManager.InvokeParsers(ParserManagerArgs args) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager.Parser\ParserManager.cs:line 294
   at IronyModManager.Parser.ParserManager.Parse(ParserManagerArgs args) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager.Parser\ParserManager.cs:line 121
   at IronyModManager.Services.ModPatchCollectionService.ParseModFiles(IGame game, IEnumerable`1 fileInfos, IModObject modObject) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager.Services\ModPatchCollectionService.cs:line 2402
   at IronyModManager.Services.ModPatchCollectionService.<>c__DisplayClass26_0.<GetModObjectsAsync>b__0(IMod m) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager.Services\ModPatchCollectionService.cs:line 659
   at System.Linq.Parallel.ForAllOperator`1.ForAllEnumerator`1.MoveNext(TInput& currentElement, Int32& currentKey)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.ForAllSpoolingTask`2.SpoolingWork()
   at System.Linq.Parallel.SpoolingTaskBase.Work()
   at System.Linq.Parallel.QueryTask.BaseWork(Object unused)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.QueryTask.<>c.<.cctor>b__10_0(Object o)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Linq.Parallel.QueryTaskGroupState.QueryEnd(Boolean userInitiatedDispose)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.SpoolingTask.SpoolForAll[TInputOutput,TIgnoreKey](QueryTaskGroupState groupState, PartitionedStream`2 partitions, TaskScheduler taskScheduler)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.DefaultMergeHelper`2.System.Linq.Parallel.IMergeHelper<TInputOutput>.Execute()
   at System.Linq.Parallel.MergeExecutor`1.Execute()
   at System.Linq.Parallel.MergeExecutor`1.Execute[TKey](PartitionedStream`2 partitions, Boolean ignoreOutput, ParallelMergeOptions options, TaskScheduler taskScheduler, Boolean isOrdered, CancellationState cancellationState, Int32 queryId)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.PartitionedStreamMerger`1.Receive[TKey](PartitionedStream`2 partitionedStream)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.ForAllOperator`1.WrapPartitionedStream[TKey](PartitionedStream`2 inputStream, IPartitionedStreamRecipient`1 recipient, Boolean preferStriping, QuerySettings settings)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.UnaryQueryOperator`2.UnaryQueryOperatorResults.ChildResultsRecipient.Receive[TKey](PartitionedStream`2 inputStream)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.ListQueryResults`1.GivePartitionedStream(IPartitionedStreamRecipient`1 recipient)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.UnaryQueryOperator`2.UnaryQueryOperatorResults.GivePartitionedStream(IPartitionedStreamRecipient`1 recipient)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.QueryOperator`1.GetOpenedEnumerator(Nullable`1 mergeOptions, Boolean suppressOrder, Boolean forEffect, QuerySettings querySettings)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.ForAllOperator`1.RunSynchronously()
   at System.Linq.ParallelEnumerable.ForAll[TSource](ParallelQuery`1 source, Action`1 action)
   at IronyModManager.Services.ModPatchCollectionService.GetModObjectsAsync(IGame game, IEnumerable`1 mods, String collectionName) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager.Services\ModPatchCollectionService.cs:line 656
   at IronyModManager.ViewModels.Controls.ModHolderControlViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass141_0.<<AnalyzeModsAsync>b__1>d.MoveNext() in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager\ViewModels\Controls\ModHolderControlViewModel.cs:line 488
   at IronyModManager.ViewModels.Controls.ModHolderControlViewModel.AnalyzeModsAsync(Int64 id, PatchStateMode mode, IEnumerable`1 versions) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager\ViewModels\Controls\ModHolderControlViewModel.cs:line 486
   at IronyModManager.ViewModels.Controls.ModHolderControlViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass146_0.<<OnActivated>g__runAnalysis|0>d.MoveNext() in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager\ViewModels\Controls\ModHolderControlViewModel.cs:line 683
   at ReactiveUI.RxApp.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<.cctor>b__2()
   at System.Reactive.Concurrency.Scheduler.Invoke(Action action) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Concurrency/Scheduler.Simple.cs:line 253
   at System.Reactive.Concurrency.Scheduler.<>c.<Schedule>b__74_0(IScheduler _, Action a) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Concurrency/Scheduler.Simple.cs:line 37
   at Avalonia.Threading.AvaloniaScheduler.Schedule[TState](TState state, TimeSpan dueTime, Func`3 action) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Threading/AvaloniaScheduler.cs:line 73
   at System.Reactive.Concurrency.Scheduler.Schedule(IScheduler scheduler, Action action) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Concurrency/Scheduler.Simple.cs:line 37
   at ReactiveUI.RxApp.<>c.<.cctor>b__9_1(Exception ex)
   at System.Reactive.AnonymousSafeObserver`1.OnNext(T value) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/AnonymousSafeObserver.cs:line 54
   at System.Reactive.ObserveOnObserverNew`1.DrainStep(ConcurrentQueue`1 q) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Internal/ScheduledObserver.cs:line 559
   at System.Reactive.ObserveOnObserverNew`1.DrainShortRunning(IScheduler recursiveScheduler) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Internal/ScheduledObserver.cs:line 513
   at Avalonia.Threading.AvaloniaScheduler.<>c__DisplayClass4_1`1.<Schedule>b__1() in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Threading/AvaloniaScheduler.cs:line 47
   at Avalonia.Threading.JobRunner.RunJobs(Nullable`1 priority) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Threading/JobRunner.cs:line 37
   at Avalonia.Native.PlatformThreadingInterface.SignaledCallback.Signaled(Int32 priority, Int32 priorityContainsMeaningfulValue) in /_/src/Avalonia.Native/PlatformThreadingInterface.cs:line 39
   at Avalonia.Native.Interop.Impl.__MicroComIAvnSignaledCallbackVTable.Signaled(IntPtr this, Int32 priority, Int32 priorityContainsMeaningfulValue) in /_/src/Avalonia.Native/Interop.Generated.cs:line 3796
   at Avalonia.Native.PlatformThreadingInterface.RunLoop(CancellationToken cancellationToken) in /_/src/Avalonia.Native/PlatformThreadingInterface.cs:line 90
   at Avalonia.Threading.Dispatcher.MainLoop(CancellationToken cancellationToken) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Threading/Dispatcher.cs:line 65
   at Avalonia.Controls.ApplicationLifetimes.ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetime.Start(String[] args) in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/ApplicationLifetimes/ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetime.cs:line 120
   at Avalonia.ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetimeExtensions.StartWithClassicDesktopLifetime[T](T builder, String[] args, ShutdownMode shutdownMode) in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/ApplicationLifetimes/ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetime.cs:line 209
   at IronyModManager.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager\Program.cs:line 96

I had previoulsy run this version of Irony Mod Manager on this computer, and it seemed to work correctly. I had gone through resolving conflicts, creating a merge patch, and then running the game.

This time, it crashed analyzing conflicts.

Is it useful to report a fatal error here?

Code:
Unhandled error ocurred. Please use this information to file a bug report:

2022-04-02 19:31:04.9836 Version: 1.21.124+066eccaa0c
OS Description: Darwin 21.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 21.3.0: Wed Jan  5 21:37:58 PST 2022; root:xnu-8019.80.24~20/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000
Runtime Identifier: osx.12-x64
 ReactiveUI.UnhandledErrorException: An object implementing IHandleObservableErrors (often a ReactiveCommand or ObservableAsPropertyHelper) has errored, thereby breaking its observable pipeline. To prevent this, ensure the pipeline does not error, or Subscribe to the ThrownExceptions property of the object in question to handle the erroneous case.
 ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Length cannot be less than zero. (Parameter 'length'))
 ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero. (Parameter 'length')
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at IronyModManager.Parser.Generic.KeyParser.CanParse(CanParseArgs args) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager.Parser\Generic\KeyParser.cs:line 87
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.TryGetFirst[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate, Boolean& found)
   at IronyModManager.Parser.ParserManager.InvokeParsers(ParserManagerArgs args) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager.Parser\ParserManager.cs:line 294
   at IronyModManager.Parser.ParserManager.Parse(ParserManagerArgs args) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager.Parser\ParserManager.cs:line 121
   at IronyModManager.Services.ModPatchCollectionService.ParseModFiles(IGame game, IEnumerable`1 fileInfos, IModObject modObject) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager.Services\ModPatchCollectionService.cs:line 2402
   at IronyModManager.Services.ModPatchCollectionService.<>c__DisplayClass26_0.<GetModObjectsAsync>b__0(IMod m) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager.Services\ModPatchCollectionService.cs:line 659
   at System.Linq.Parallel.ForAllOperator`1.ForAllEnumerator`1.MoveNext(TInput& currentElement, Int32& currentKey)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.ForAllSpoolingTask`2.SpoolingWork()
   at System.Linq.Parallel.SpoolingTaskBase.Work()
   at System.Linq.Parallel.QueryTask.BaseWork(Object unused)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.QueryTask.<>c.<.cctor>b__10_0(Object o)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.QueryTaskGroupState.QueryEnd(Boolean userInitiatedDispose)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.SpoolingTask.SpoolForAll[TInputOutput,TIgnoreKey](QueryTaskGroupState groupState, PartitionedStream`2 partitions, TaskScheduler taskScheduler)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.DefaultMergeHelper`2.System.Linq.Parallel.IMergeHelper<TInputOutput>.Execute()
   at System.Linq.Parallel.MergeExecutor`1.Execute()
   at System.Linq.Parallel.MergeExecutor`1.Execute[TKey](PartitionedStream`2 partitions, Boolean ignoreOutput, ParallelMergeOptions options, TaskScheduler taskScheduler, Boolean isOrdered, CancellationState cancellationState, Int32 queryId)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.PartitionedStreamMerger`1.Receive[TKey](PartitionedStream`2 partitionedStream)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.ForAllOperator`1.WrapPartitionedStream[TKey](PartitionedStream`2 inputStream, IPartitionedStreamRecipient`1 recipient, Boolean preferStriping, QuerySettings settings)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.UnaryQueryOperator`2.UnaryQueryOperatorResults.ChildResultsRecipient.Receive[TKey](PartitionedStream`2 inputStream)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.ListQueryResults`1.GivePartitionedStream(IPartitionedStreamRecipient`1 recipient)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.UnaryQueryOperator`2.UnaryQueryOperatorResults.GivePartitionedStream(IPartitionedStreamRecipient`1 recipient)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.QueryOperator`1.GetOpenedEnumerator(Nullable`1 mergeOptions, Boolean suppressOrder, Boolean forEffect, QuerySettings querySettings)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.ForAllOperator`1.RunSynchronously()
   at System.Linq.ParallelEnumerable.ForAll[TSource](ParallelQuery`1 source, Action`1 action)
   at IronyModManager.Services.ModPatchCollectionService.GetModObjectsAsync(IGame game, IEnumerable`1 mods, String collectionName) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager.Services\ModPatchCollectionService.cs:line 656
   at IronyModManager.ViewModels.Controls.ModHolderControlViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass141_0.<<AnalyzeModsAsync>b__1>d.MoveNext() in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager\ViewModels\Controls\ModHolderControlViewModel.cs:line 488
   at IronyModManager.ViewModels.Controls.ModHolderControlViewModel.AnalyzeModsAsync(Int64 id, PatchStateMode mode, IEnumerable`1 versions) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager\ViewModels\Controls\ModHolderControlViewModel.cs:line 486
   at IronyModManager.ViewModels.Controls.ModHolderControlViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass146_0.<<OnActivated>g__runAnalysis|0>d.MoveNext() in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager\ViewModels\Controls\ModHolderControlViewModel.cs:line 683
   at ReactiveUI.RxApp.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<.cctor>b__2()
   at System.Reactive.Concurrency.Scheduler.Invoke(Action action) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Concurrency/Scheduler.Simple.cs:line 253
   at System.Reactive.Concurrency.Scheduler.<>c.<Schedule>b__74_0(IScheduler _, Action a) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Concurrency/Scheduler.Simple.cs:line 37
   at Avalonia.Threading.AvaloniaScheduler.Schedule[TState](TState state, TimeSpan dueTime, Func`3 action) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Threading/AvaloniaScheduler.cs:line 73
   at System.Reactive.Concurrency.Scheduler.Schedule(IScheduler scheduler, Action action) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Concurrency/Scheduler.Simple.cs:line 37
   at ReactiveUI.RxApp.<>c.<.cctor>b__9_1(Exception ex)
   at System.Reactive.AnonymousSafeObserver`1.OnNext(T value) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/AnonymousSafeObserver.cs:line 54
   at System.Reactive.ObserveOnObserverNew`1.DrainStep(ConcurrentQueue`1 q) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Internal/ScheduledObserver.cs:line 559
   at System.Reactive.ObserveOnObserverNew`1.DrainShortRunning(IScheduler recursiveScheduler) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Internal/ScheduledObserver.cs:line 513
   at Avalonia.Threading.AvaloniaScheduler.<>c__DisplayClass4_1`1.<Schedule>b__1() in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Threading/AvaloniaScheduler.cs:line 47
   at Avalonia.Threading.JobRunner.RunJobs(Nullable`1 priority) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Threading/JobRunner.cs:line 37
   at Avalonia.Native.PlatformThreadingInterface.SignaledCallback.Signaled(Int32 priority, Int32 priorityContainsMeaningfulValue) in /_/src/Avalonia.Native/PlatformThreadingInterface.cs:line 39
   at Avalonia.Native.Interop.Impl.__MicroComIAvnSignaledCallbackVTable.Signaled(IntPtr this, Int32 priority, Int32 priorityContainsMeaningfulValue) in /_/src/Avalonia.Native/Interop.Generated.cs:line 3796
   at Avalonia.Native.PlatformThreadingInterface.RunLoop(CancellationToken cancellationToken) in /_/src/Avalonia.Native/PlatformThreadingInterface.cs:line 90
   at Avalonia.Threading.Dispatcher.MainLoop(CancellationToken cancellationToken) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Threading/Dispatcher.cs:line 65
   at Avalonia.Controls.ApplicationLifetimes.ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetime.Start(String[] args) in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/ApplicationLifetimes/ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetime.cs:line 120
   at Avalonia.ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetimeExtensions.StartWithClassicDesktopLifetime[T](T builder, String[] args, ShutdownMode shutdownMode) in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/ApplicationLifetimes/ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetime.cs:line 209
   at IronyModManager.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\Working\IronyModManager\src\IronyModManager\Program.cs:line 96

I had previoulsy run this version of Irony Mod Manager on this computer, and it seemed to work correctly. I had gone through resolving conflicts, creating a merge patch, and then running the game.

This time, it crashed analyzing conflicts.
I see somewhere parser failing to parse something (in an obscure mod perhaps). I'm going to need to know on which mod Irony crashes. In this case the log is not enough.

So,,, I hope my issue isn't too moronic, but basically Im unable to install the mod manager on osx. Now I'm not sure whether that's due to my settings wrt trusting unverified developers or not but here goes nothing.

I downloaded osx-x64.rar, unpacked it with the unarchiver, got a folder of the same name.
Then I navigated to the folder in which the osx-x64 folder is via the terminal. I decided to install irony in a subfolder of the local documents folder, not in the iCloud or anything like this.
Then I ran the command chmod +x IronyModManager but nothing happens. Nothing happens if I directly navigate into the folder osx-x64 either. And I've been checking with pwd whether I'm actually in the right folder.
Finally running ./IronyModManager doesn't do anything either

After trying to run the irony executable I noticed that in my settings im beging asked whether to allow the process irony mod manager or not and ofc I allowed it but that doesn't change anything either.

So I'm essentially stuck. I believe I followed the installation guide 1:1 but for some reason I'm not seeing any success.
Do you know what I could be doing wrongly?