• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mario-sov

Sergeant
2 Badges
Aug 10, 2019
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
About a month ago I came here and announced a new mod manager, briefly introducing it. And I basically looked for some feature suggestions as well. Over the past month the Mod Manager has been in a semi private alpha and beta tests. I've now moved it into an RC phase, so it should be stable enough for more wider use.

Since I have no idea what's allowed to post here and which links. I'm just going to tell you to Google "IronyModManager" and you'll find there a GitHub.io page (or look for the topic of the same name on Stellaris Reddit). There you'll find:
- The link to download the latest version (hosted on GitHub)
- The link towards the documentation (it's hosted on the GitHub Wiki)
- A wiki link which leads towards a small wiki page showing you first steps to take in the Application (also on the GitHub Wiki)

• 6Like
Reactions:
Since paradoxos no longer going to be updated, could I request an automatic sorting feature? Currently yours is only manual (Unless I missed the feature anywhere), still seems more comfortable to order correclty in pdoxos and importing from there.

You can still use Paradoxos just don't launch the PDX Launcher and launch the game directly (stellaris.exe). Having said that can you explain what you mean by autosort feature? Do you mean A-Z\Z-A sort?

That already exists (sort column and direction are indicated by yellow or red Arrow -- depending on the UI theme) and most column headers are interactive.

Attachments

• 2020-11-14_13-00-51.png
    2020-11-14_13-00-51.png
    5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2020-11-14_13-01-30.png
    2020-11-14_13-01-30.png
    5,9 KB · Views: 0
I must say the merge and conflict resolve functions are excellent, but can i suggest the "resolve all" button (probably leaving out the choice conflits) for simple conflicts? Having to manually click though 1800 conflicts that do not even need any other input is not very fun.

Conflict Solver is no pick left or right system, you're supposed to merge differences from several detected conflicts into a new mod patch. If you've never used GIT or WinMerge before do not use the Conflict Solver. Having said that "magic" resolve all is not really possible aside from a few specific scenarios such as vanilla conflicts.

Reactions:
I don't know about magic, there is that "resolve" button down there that for some reason i have to click 1800 times manually while doing nothing else, is there any reason the program can't make those clicks?

Reactions:
I could, but it would be meaningless. You're not actually "resolving" anything that way. In your case I'd ignore the Conflict Solver altogether as it's point is to merge different code from various definitions into a new patch ex.
Mod A

Code:
my code
my code 2

Mod B
Code:
my code
my code 3
And merge result should be:
Code:
my code
my code 2
my code 3

Just hitting the resolve button has no effect really it's like ignoring the conflict. So if you're going to do that just ignore the Conflict Solver. Which is why I'm again stressing the need to understand the concept of using WinMerge.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The merge mods function is causing issues for me, I'm not sure why. I have a playset I use that works fine by itself, but when I basic-merge the mods into one giant one I get a CTD immediately upon loading any save game.

Leading cause is incorrect mod load order. And you should only play merge mod with saves started with the same merged mod. You can remerge updates though but keep the same load order and mods.

Very nice modding and merging tool.

I've tested on Windows 7 and Linux (Solus OS) on the same computer (8-core AMD, 8GB memory, RX 480, latest drivers - amd/mesa + vulkan).

Both version do work, but when trying to resolve conflicts with the Linux version, I get stucked on the 2nd step at around ~40.xxx %. No way to get to the resovling conflicts screen.

Any chance to get a solution for that?

Not every Linux distro is supported. There's simply too much combinations out there to support.

Sounds like a crash or an error of some kind report this on GitHub and bring Irony error logs (can't help you without them).

You did not mention that you are running Linux and trying to find log there. User data is usually stored in home, var, tmp. For Windows it is as I described above.

I do not know where that would be specifically for Irony on Linux but I assume log would be in var.

Typical log filename is 2020-09-06_Error.log . Search disk for a file named _Error.log

Well, probably it is OS related not possible to write on the disc for a portable version, except it's own folder. I searched the whole drive for _Error.log, nothing found. However, thank you for the help.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, probably it is OS related not possible to write on the disc for a portable version, except it's own folder. I searched the whole drive for _Error.log, nothing found. However, thank you for the help.
It is correct, programs cannot write data to their own installation directory on Unix, they have separate locations specifically designed to store their data, ie. var and home. It is possible that Irony is designed to write log only to its installation directory, but Mario would know more.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Actually I'm using already 1.8.62, but I DL it again and this time placed it on a different drive. Guess what, this time it worked and I reached the conflict resolve page. Probably there is an issue placing it in my /home directory, can't say.

However, I started to solve issues, but on second conflict from around 600, while scrolling down, the IMM just freezed.
I'll try with anyother OS to find out if it is an issue of a specific Linux OS.

Reactions: