• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Never was a fan of ironman modes :/ i like getting achievements and I understand that using mods or console commands which is basically cheating disables them but limiting saves is absolutely annoying for me
Saw my boyfriend play EU4 for specific achievements and it's such unpleasant expirience in my opinion.
But to each their own :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
Haha yeah I get that. For me, Ironman mode keeps me on the edge of my seat because even easy battles can be deadly if you make a mistake. Reminds me of games like xcom etc. It should definitely be optional to turn off/on at the start of the game so you're not forced into it

• 2Like
Reactions:
Ironman mode would be an awesome option for players, i wouldn't lock achievements behind it though. Always hated how stellaris locked achievements behind iron man mode.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Never was a fan of ironman modes :/ i like getting achievements and I understand that using mods or console commands which is basically cheating disables them but limiting saves is absolutely annoying for me
An Ironman mode does not need to disable or be required for anything. All an ironman mode is, is a way to play where your choices are permanent. Now we could make something like that by just forcing a single save and disabling combat restart & combat retry.

Paradox titles in the past have tied Achievements to Ironman as well as disabled them when Mods/Cheats are used but that's not something we as Triumph have every done.

• 11Like
Reactions:
An Ironman mode does not need to disable or be required for anything. All an ironman mode is, is a way to play where your choices are permanent. Now we could make something like that by just forcing a single save and disabling combat restart & combat retry.
I'm aware, I'm just a big noob and make a lot of mistakes so those two things don't work well together. Not saying its bad, just that I personally don't enjoy them too much.
Paradox titles in the past have tied Achievements to Ironman as well as disabled them when Mods/Cheats are used but that's not something we as Triumph have every done.
Didn't try to insinuate that, glad to hear that tho.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Plz don't have achievement locked behind ironman. I for most part do not touch ironman because it punishes every misclick, handslip and brain fart.

• 4Like
Reactions:
As another guilty save scummer, I'd love this! I get why Ironman mode is annoying to some, but as OP said I find I get more engaged and I learn the game much quicker by focusing on what mistakes I made as opposed to "Whoops, lost a unit, reload the save." That is a me problem to be sure, but it's why I love Ironman and would be happy if it was in AoW4

• 1Like
Reactions:

Soo...does this mean it's easy for you guys to implement? :D