• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Tracid

Field Marshal
54 Badges
Jun 2, 2001
www.gamersgate.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Majesty 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
IRC Chat Room

A call for your attention - Revival of a IRC community

If you do not know what IRC is, it's a chat client. You can download mIRC at www.mirc.com or www.mirc.org. It's not a very big program, and it demands hardly any memory. When you have downloaded and installed, add this server: irc.quakenet.org. Call it whatever you want, I just call it Quakenet. Then fill out the information about your name (you don't have to write autenthic stuff, mine just has an URL in it) E-mail and nickname. The nickname is the name which you will be seen as when you connect. Now press connect. When connected, write /join #paradoxgames . Then you should be connected. For now there are not many people in the room, so please do not give the room up, because there are not many people in it. Hopefully there will soon be more people around!

Years ago, I still remember when I got started on the Paradox forums. There was always activity on the old irc channel (which sadly will die soon, that´s why we decided to open a new one), and you could always find lively discussions about paradox games or other issues. In fact, it was where I made my first friends within the community!

So I and a few of the other beta´s and moderators have decided to attempt to revive the good old Paradox community IRC channel idea. A place to talk about the Paradox games, the latest news from the forums, but also a place to just hang out and make friends!
Of course, we will try to get activity going, but that can only be done by you, the users. So log on there and stay on, even if there isn´t that much going on at the moment!

We will try to have some events as well - such as Q&A with developers on certain topics and other things. For starters, I will run a “Public Interview” hour for every issue of the Tribune where I collect statements and comments from the users on and publish them – more information on that later.

The rules of the irc channel are basically the same as for the forum:
-Treat other people with the same respect that you want to be treated
-No forbidden topics
-No flaming, etc.
-and so on.

The Forum moderators will act as channel operators and their rulings are to be followed.

If you need any help on getting started with irc, check www.quakenet.org for good and extensive FAQ´s or simply ask in this thread, you´ll surely be
helped:)

So, I hope to meet many of you people on #paradoxgames on quakenet, so long!
Sincerely,

Status
Not open for further replies.