• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bkreeft

Recruit
76 Badges
Apr 25, 2017
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Empire of Sin
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Hi,

Today I've installed the Prison Architect app on my iPad. I didn't find any issues in the first chapters. But, as soon as I reached chapter G.A.B.O.S. , the app keeps crashing. This occurs after a few minutes into the chapter. and keeps doing that after restarting the app.

My IPad is up to date with the latest IoS.

regards,
Berno

What model is your iPad? I've asked some users this before and got "the latest one" as an answer which sadly isn't very useful ;). If you need help figuring out exactly which one you own please check this article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201471

Aha, that is the reason. The game is designed for newer versions of the iPad and the Apple store should reflect this. It's something that will be improved before the full release though!

Well thanks for the clearification.

Is the game improved to work with older IPads? Or is the applestore being improved to reflect better that it's only for newer IPads?

Hopefully the game will be optimized to work with older versions of the iPad before its released. The Apple store should (currently) reflect that it may not work well with older models.

I'm having the same problems too - crashes in chapter 3 GABOS. I've had it crash during the opening cutscene, just after the cutscene, every time I try to save during that level.

iPad Air, iOS 10.3.2. Storage isn't full, and I've tried turning it off and on again.

I have logged a bug report on this issue.

The thinking is this only happens on iOS devices with exactly 1gb of RAM (working memory, not storage!), which is the minimum requirement. You can see how much RAM your iPad has here
https://www.lifewire.com/list-of-ipad-models-and-generations-1994232
It's be great to know if any 2gb device ever gets this. Thanks all!

Yep iPad Air 1 only has 1GB.

But Kevin6641 who posted earlier in this thread has an iPad Air 2, that has more than 1 GB.

The App Store requirements for Prison Architect state "Compatibility - requires iOS 8, compatible with iPad" - that's every iPad apart from the iPad 1 (which can't get iOS 8). Could the requirements be corrected? Then people with incompatible iPads can't even download the app, rather than them downloading it then being disappointed when it doesn't work.