• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LemonyNebula

Sergeant
38 Badges
Jan 18, 2013
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Dungeonland
  • Cities in Motion
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
Sorry if this counts as a re-post but I have decided this has to be a bug rather than a balance issue so wanted to ensure this is seen by putting it in the bug reports.

There is an issue with the invisibility not turning off during a Dire Duck attack. The normal swipe reveals the duck, but when the Duck spins, the invisibility stays on, only allowing people to know its hitting them by the effect around the attack. Now you can't attack the duck while it is performing the spin which is the only time you know where it is. When the spin stops he is already invisible and can walk away without any hassle ready to spin again. This makes attacks (especially back stabs) nearly impossible to hit. This means the already quite tough Dire ducks can be invisible forever and still use their best attack. I know a few people who think it is ruining the game and getting frustrated, refusing to play against a DM until fixed or not used at all. Needless to say I have had to have a few games without those cards together.

Hope this is fixed :)

Below is an image from the DM view of the invisible duck mid attack. Unfortunately (or fortunately) its never been used against me to get the heroes view but i've been ensured that it is invisible from their side other than the effect mid attack.

2013-02-01_00003.jpg

Upvote 0
well, i saw this when my friend used ninja monsters on dire ducks but honestly, its not a big issue cause you see the animation when they spin, if played right you will just push them away with defender and there is no problem, and NINja monsters uses 3 mana so its pretty powerfull spell, and should work as its now.

Its more of a case you cannot hurt them as they spin and the moment they stop you don't know where they are again, especially if the DM chooses to possess them and knows how to hide. I would usually suggest back stab but you do not know where their back is, and if you push them they have an easier time to hide.
This has become less of a problem now that the ducks have been nerfed (was a huge issue before) and can at points be dealt with, but it is still an issue. Attacks are meant to show the monster and this one does not. Its the same as the rabbit's secondary which is not as bad, as the smaller rabbits give them away and they are not invincible at this point. Basically it IS a bug, deal-able or not and can possibly be abused by a DM. If we don't report the bugs, they wont know what should be fixed :).