Invincible and Legendary - The history of the Soviet Union during the Great Patriottic War

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yea, but that is partpy because of the way paradox games are. I mean if your pc crashed in the middle of a call of duty campaign, well you lost 10 hours, big deal. These games are A, way more complex so more risk of stuff going pearshaped, and B take way longer so the loss is that much bigger.

I will first have to learn vicky, which i have thus far not managed to get to grips with. Not sure why since i love hoi3 and eu4, but last time i tried it ( last year or so) my usa got absolutely stomped by the confederacy until the redcoats declared war as well. Thay should tell you something, hahahahaha. I should give it the same treatment as other pdx games though and dig into it till i succeed. I can see the greatness from where i sit.
That would be interesting if you did. I don't have Vicky yet but would follow something from you that might throw a little light on it from a newcomer's perspective.

That would be interesting if you did. I don't have Vicky yet but would follow something from you that might throw a little light on it from a newcomer's perspective.

If i decide to do so, and once i find that light, i will be sure to let you know.

I am very sorry to hear about your pc crash, and you loosing not only the HOI3 files but also several things work-related. Still, it has been an awesome AAR to read, so I hope you'll be back sometime with a new story. :)

If you wanted, you could do more of a strategic one, so just describing the action in broad sweeps rather than great detail. One of the reasons I chose Turkey for my (first) AAR was that it was a minor/regional power and there wasn't an overwhelming scope. The SU is huge!

Whatever you decide to do, let me know and I will have a look ;).
I 2nd this motion! :)

In TFH, maybe write a combo-story? Where you suffer the A.I. to manage most the Nation and (reactions of course) tell the tale of a... i.e. Army or Corps?

But whatever you do, in whichever game...I'm sure it will be a good read.:cool:

This is unfortunate news, the level of detail (and effort) you had poured into this was most impressive and it's sad it will not be able to reach it's natural conclusion.

I hope you do decide to return to the fray, perhaps with something a tad less demanding (The Elekto U-boats for El Salvador Challenge for instance....)

Oh, that's unfortunate news.:( Sorry to hear about your troubles. It's a chore when it happens!

Unfortunatly that means all files are gone. Saves and screenshots incl, and im getting the distinct impression backups went pearshaped too. So, yes, rip SU, not as invincible as you may have been les to believe...

I started reading your AAR after I finished reading UK Motorway, I'm terribly sorry this happened, thanks for sharing your adventures with us. This does serve as a good reminder to back up my games. This was interesting to read, and it has given me some more insight for my own Soviet AAR. I hope this doesn't discourage you from writing AAR's of your future games, whether in HOI3, or any other grand strategy game, and I will be following your exploits.

RoverS3

I'm sad to hear that this AAR died the way it did, even though I had a bit to catch up. Just tell me if you start a new AAR and I'll try to be in from the start! :)