Investment opportunities as Turkey not reaping any benefits

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

billcorr

Field Marshal
54 Badges
Feb 5, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Knights of Honor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
Working or broken?

The Big Nations never seem to invest in Turkey.

Turkey has a 75 point decision to ask the Big Nations to invest in Turkey.

Playing as Turkey with no mods, I've boosted Turkey's friendship to max with

USA
FRA
SOV
GER
ENG

...then I've spent TUR's hard-earned 75 PP to go hat-in-hand to ask these big nations to invest in Turkey.

No reply.

Ever.

(after about 15 attempts)

What has been your experience?

I'd had good luck with getting investments from the UK, but it can usually take a year after you ask them before they invest, and they always seem to invest in the non-core Kurdish states. If the UK's opinion of Turkey is 100, they will usually provide 1 or 2 mils in a Kurdish state.

I've also tried the USA and France, but I believe that a big problem with them not responding is how PP-starved they are in the early game. I've never seen France do anything for me, and the best I've gotten out of the USA is some infrastructure improvements in a single state, usually two years after I made the request.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'd had good luck with getting investments from the UK, but it can usually take a year after you ask them before they invest, and they always seem to invest in the non-core Kurdish states. If the UK's opinion of Turkey is 100, they will usually provide 1 or 2 mils in a Kurdish state.

Non-core Kurdish states.

Hmmm.

The plot thickens.

Thanks!

In my practice games, I typically release the Kingdom of Kurdistan after allowing them to rebel. (no garrisons)

I wonder...

I've also tried the USA and France, but I believe that a big problem with them not responding is how PP-starved they are in the early game. I've never seen France do anything for me, and the best I've gotten out of the USA is some infrastructure improvements in a single state, usually two years after I made the request.

Yes, PP starvation is a very real problem.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I tried it several times, doing Hardly Anything Sevres. USSR and German Reich almost always gave me some mills, but I have to be non-aligned - if I was democratic, they said no. USA and UK gave me different stuffs, but I have to be democratic. France did not responding a few times, so I abandoned them. My preferable way: USSR (non-aligned me), UK (democratic), USA (democratic), German Reich (non-aligned). No responding or responding without effects could be annoying, but I recognized, that if I take this mills to the production quicker, before answers, they almost always give me it property. If I have lucky, I can get even 9 mills and some other stuffs.

Reactions:
In my experience, you have to do these in the early pre-war years. Then the AI is willing to spend the PP points. If you do these decisions later, the AI wants to use what PP it has for other things.

Reactions:
but I recognized, that if I take this mills to the production quicker, before answers, they almost always give me it property.

This seems to be important.

Is there another way to say

"if I take this mills to the production quicker, before answers, they almost always give me it property."

This seems to be important.

Is there another way to say

"if I take this mills to the production quicker, before answers, they almost always give me it property."

Sorry, my English fails sometimes (especially, if I write during breakfast and before first coffee :) ) I mean, I usually assign military factories (for guns f.ex) before the answer from the USSR etc. If I do, I usually get these factories. If I don't do it, these giants say: "sure, we can build", but they don't :) I tried to find, why this happened, but my only answer that this can be little bug.

I am also lazy, so I usually set up production lines for the future so that I do not have to remember about it - even when I am not playing Turkey.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Sorry, my English fails sometimes (especially, if I write during breakfast and before first coffee :) ) I mean, I usually assign military factories (for guns f.ex) before the answer from the USSR etc. If I do, I usually get these factories. If I don't do it, these giants say: "sure, we can build", but they don't :) I tried to find, why this happened, but my only answer that this can be little bug.

I am also lazy, so I usually set up production lines for the future so that I do not have to remember about it - even when I am not playing Turkey.

Oh. Interesting.

If I understood correctly, a human Turkey player can convince the A.I. to say, "Yes, I will invest (build factories) in Turkey."

Before asking the A.I. to build factories in Turkey , the human Turkey player needs to assign a number of military factories to produce equipment (support equipment, planes, artillery, tanks, etc).

Great insights.

Glad you had your cup o' coffee! ;)

1626723363033.png

If I understood correctly, a human Turkey player can convince the A.I. to say, "Yes, I will invest (build factories) in Turkey."

Before asking the A.I. to build factories in Turkey , the human Turkey player needs to assign a number of military factories to produce equipment (support equipment, planes, artillery, tanks, etc).

Yes, exactly - it almost always gave me this factories :)

Reactions:
1 attempt...no response from the USSR.

"Before asking the A.I. to build factories in Turkey , the human Turkey player needs to assign a number of military factories to produce equipment (support equipment, planes, artillery, tanks, etc)."

At 100% opinion (SOV really liked TUR), I as TUR set up about 6 empty military factories to produce equipment.

Then TUR spent 75 points to ask SOV to invest in TUR (decision).

No response from the USSR.

Last edited:
The AI has to spend PP on a decision. That decision runs on a timer. When the timer times out, then you get the investment made in your turkey.

The AI won't always have enough PP available to take the decision the moment you ask them to invest. So it may take some time.

Only when the AI doesn't feel like investing in turkey is a good idea, will it immediately reject your investment request. So, when you don't get an immediate response to your request, it means that the AI is viewing your request favourably. But that doesn't always mean the decision to invest is taken immediately. The AI needs enough PP in the bank in order to take the investment decision. And then you still need to wait for the timed decision to finish before the investment actually happens.

Reactions:
As far as the type of investment you get, that's based on a weighted random factor within the decisions for the investing nation. And has nothing to do with what you're currently have (or are constructing) as turkey.

Due to this, some investors have a higher chance to invest in CiC's, while others have a higher chance to invest in MiC's.

Reactions:
As far as the type of investment you get, that's based on a weighted random factor within the decisions for the investing nation. And has nothing to do with what you're currently have (or are constructing) as turkey.

Due to this, some investors have a higher chance to invest in CiC's, while others have a higher chance to invest in MiC's.

The reason I hit the "red X" (respectfully disagree) is that as Turkey I've never experienced "the type of investment you get" from A.I. USA, FRA, GER, USSR.

Turkey never has received an investment in my vanilla playthroughs.

Turkey has never received feedback (a "Yes, we'll invest" or "No. No. We won't invest in Turkey.") from the A.I.

The quoted statement at the top of this post seems to assert that, "Yes, the A.I. will provide a type of investment"

"Due to this, some investors have a higher chance to invest in CiC's, while others have a higher chance to invest in MiC's."

In my experience as Turkey, this has never happened.

Hence my disagreement with the assertion that it does happen.

From my experience playing as Turkey in vanilla games, the evidence indicates that the "Investment Opportunities in Turkey" is not working as designed.

It might even be a broken (non-functioning) game mechanic.

Even if it doesn't often yield results for Turkey, I'm not upset by it. My thought process goes like this:

If I were playing the UK, would I spend a bunch of political power to give Turkey a few factories instead of fixing my government, stability, ministers, economy, manpower laws, or literally anything else that benefits my own country? The answer for that is a unilateral "no."

Last edited:
A similar report about lack of feedback regarding TUR's decision to invite investors.

1627008540082.png

Last edited: