• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pang Bingxun

Field Marshal
2 Badges
Nov 22, 2011
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • 500k Club
Hello.

I have fully integrated the final 1.12 patch with my Iron Fist MOD.
Everything works except the introductory videos, I tried to install AoD 1.12 patch on Aod and the same thing happens at startup.
The game works, but the introductory videos never start, from the "settings.cfg" file I tried to change the "0 # Enabled intro" line to both "0" and "1", but nothing happens, the game starts as if the introduction didn't exist.
It is a problem that I have already reported but have not received an answer.
I know that a video is not as important as the game, but my self-made video cost me days of work and rehearsals, I also bought the rights to the used music tracks.
If I don't have the initial video that works when activated by "settings.cfg", I can't integrate patch 1.12.
I would be sorry because patch 1.12 was done well and fixes many bugs and problems.
Can I find out from someone if the problem can be solved?

Thank you

I can confirm that the intro does not work anymore.

Upvote 0
It appears the videos have been deactivated on purpose. The support for the used format has been discontinued with Windows 10. It still worked on some PCs, but not all of them. This would lead to black screens or a crash. Given that it was not an option to keep the videos playing. There may or may not be an alternative in the future.

I understand the problem, but do not understand why then have not turned off the video playback from Settings.cfg. :confused:
I spent 200 € to buy the copyrights for 3 songs used in the intro video ...and now for the new patches this is disabled. :eek:
I believe I will continue to use patch 1.11. :(
Thank you so much for having examined my problem.