• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for answering my question. FP's might not be a good fit for the format. If there was some way to take say, the stock Alliance FP's and turn them in to a kind of "serial" where stream participants could vote on the decision path or maybe which mechs/pilots to bring that might be an interesting way to bring them to the stream.

We will definitely look into what formats would work on the streams! I'm also very curious on what you want to see us do in career mode. The community at large voting for decisions during streams and such might be something we can really make more prominent. I hope we will create something really cool together!

FLASHPOINT is a great expansion and any way to highlight FLASHPOINT during the Paradox streams would be incredible.

While I do not tune in to every Paradox BATTLETECH stream, if Paradox set up some Multiplayer Matches before hand and ran some games with folks in the community, I would catch every single one of those streams. : )

Yeah, the plan is to go with the career/challenge now for a couple of weeks, but we are constantly reviewing to make the stream experience as good as possible, so super good ideas!

Bookmarked and added to my to do!

Do you watch much BattleTech? I am just asking because if you are into watching people play as much as streaming for people, I have some interesting campaigns.

Some more ridicious than others XD.

jim.jpg
images.jpg

soooooo @JimJ4m since no one else has asked....

is it you really like the pre-school show or the biscuit?:D

We will definitely look into what formats would work on the streams! I'm also very curious on what you want to see us do in career mode. The community at large voting for decisions during streams and such might be something we can really make more prominent. I hope we will create something really cool together!

Do you watch much BattleTech? I am just asking because if you are into watching people play as much as streaming for people, I have some interesting campaigns.

Some more ridicious than others XD.

I'd venture a guess that Edmon would have some really great ideas as he's been a prolific streamer with very unique campaign runs. But my general idea would be

Setup:
  • Select a Flashpoint,
  • Generate about 5-8 pairs of level appropriate 'Mechs+Pilots
Stream:
  • Twitch audience would get to pick 3 of the 4 slots.
  • The last slot would be streamers choice in case they feel something is missing, or the streamers have all chosen Urbies and LCTs.
  • Complete mission
  • Start next FP conversation, leave it at the FP Decision choice
Post-Stream:
  • Twitch/YT audience votes for which branch to take next week

That's the general idea I had and I think it would still need some adjusting to fit in. One thing is, you do get to fully control the Mechs and Pilots generated, so you can make sure anything in your pool is a solid choice. This also presents a challenge to the streamer to adapt to a Lance not of his choosing like the challenges. However, this is not going to be something a viewer can easily setup and replicate on their own like the skirmish challenges and I think that's a big weak point of the concept. It could provide a way to showcase the higher level Alliance FP's for those who don't want to grind out 5x alliances.

Of course! As much as time permits!

That's cool :D. It's funny, I really don't watch much Battletech myself. At first I did, I was looking for tactics and tricks that I might not be aware of, but that quickly tapered off for me.

I actually watch a lot of Starcraft and Starcraft II esports streams. Still the most competitive and inspiring game for me. God does that game ever eat your wrists for breakfast though, a lot of the top players are actually in the doctors as much as in front of their computers these days.

My perference is to watch people who are better players than me, I find that inspiring.

Everyones kind of different on these things, so I find it an interesting topic.

I hope you guys can bring the skills! I will definitely watch if you do :D.

Oh, I hear the AC/2 is a good weapon. You should build around it :p.

Maybe Jimmy has impressed HBS_HighCommand by succeeding in the last challenge? ;) (just kidding, I know there is a lot of work behind)