• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll have you know that the Random Name Generator Chose Lyra, I Absolve myself of all guilt.

It's 1520-something , and there were no circumnavigation yet?:eek:
P.S.:What on Eastern front?

Yea Exploration is slow in the world, but its coming along.

As for the East, Bohemia, Lithuania and Persia on the rise.

The Virgin Priest vs the Chad Empress

:D

I think there was a workaround for the centers of Reformation posted a few months ago on r/eu4 (I forgot where, and the rules don't let me post a link anyways, but it should be easy to find). You had to change two files, the religion file and another file (I forgot which), and centers of reformation can spawn for any religion anywhere. But I understand you've already played past this, so it's just some advice for the next megacampaign.;)

I'll have to find it and keep it in mind in the future, Next spin of the wheel may be normal but at some point it'll be pagan Europe again and I'll have to figure something out.

You may not have gotten your devastating war you wanted, but I am perfectly happy with this result. It'll allow more focus on colonizing for you. The Age of Reformation begins, just not the reforms you expected.

Well no bloody wars of religion, but hopefully there should be some fun (war) in the New World.

Oh the colonial wars are coming, they are coming.

I wonder if these poor monarchs will result in a stronger parliament or similar?

This being a Dragoon megacampaign, I'm not surprised we're doing the incest and other scandals again.:p

Cathay continues its resurgence, both in terms of reconquest and new horizons.

Scandal, it is what humans live and die for.
At least the peasants would be too busy to think about their suffering...

I imagine an in-character reason for all the expansion would be Sande I trying to show his people that he's a capable ruler by winning wars. Add on Cuba and a thriving economy thanks to the trade and resources from the New World, and it's a good time for Cathay... so of course, he's got an heir even worse than him and now controversy to deal with.

Ya my bois are back, go Team Karling! Although I am a bit confused that they're still around, I thought you killed them all in CK2?

Is it worth it to request a world update? Or at least a European one? I'm having trouble visualizing the Bohemian Bohemoth in the east.

Yep,there are scandals,slow colony progress,but still...at least not every Karling is murdered yet!
At least? What heresy against Zun is this? It is not a good day until every last Karling has been put in their grave, where they belong! Down with the Karling cockroaches!

At least? What heresy against Zun is this? It is not a good day until every last Karling has been put in their grave, where they belong! Down with the Karling cockroaches!
You speak the truth, fellow brother in faith! We must destroy the Karling filth, for they are an affront to Zun! The sun can only banish all shadows and darkness when the last of the Karling scum has been put down!

Even more heretical! We must call in an Exterminatus on the Karlings!
BI0qaev.gif

23b.jpg

I hope Cathay becomes a heretic purging Xenophobic spiritualists empire like the Annionas were in Stellaris the last megacampgaign. But it's probably going to be the opposite.:(
Probably a xenophile pacifist materialistic empire. The complete opposite of the Annionas in every way.:p

*hushed gossiping about Cathayan royal family intensifies*

Chapter 12: Avante Italia
Chapter 12: Avante Italia
Henrique_VIII.png

King Sande as previously mentioned was not the Ideal ruler of Cathay for the time. While not completly inept Sande throughout his reign needed to rely heavily upon his council and royal advisors to govern a perpetually growing colonial and European Empire. Sande while completly inept in military matters still put most of his efforts into administration and diplomacy and so had left his personal life lapse. As such it was no real surprise when it was discovered privately that the Queen was having an affair with a member of the Royal Court, but the newborn Newspapers of Cathay had followed the scandal down to its roots, something that previously would not be done.

Queen Esclarmonda was found to have been having multiple passionate affairs with multiple people of importance within the royal court for decades thus shaking the legitimacy Crown Princess Lyra and thus the entire house. With the growing of the Merchant and Freeman classes within cathay the Story quickly had become the most printed non-religious work in Cathay, and was being translated for foreign consumption. King Sande, unable to handle a wildfire effectively growing out of his control deferred to his uncle Robert, the Prince of Normandy who ordered the arrests of the Queen and Much of the Royal Council.

NIZuP2H.png

As the saying goes, Heads began to roll as much of Sande's Advisory found themselves fleeing the country, imprisoned, or executed. Queen Escarmonda was forced to confess that Princess Lyra was born of one of her affairs. With her confession Lyra was disinherited and Banished to the Manhattan colony under guard, the Queen was less fortunate and lost her head quietly outside the capital.

kwfgZXM.png

With the matter being resolved, Sande opted to marry a German Princess from Bavaria. This was done for several reasons, the first to issue a show of support for the Bavarian Crown, now trapped between Ferrara and Bohemia, who were both more powerful than it. It also meant inviting German influence to court which Sande hoped would help in consolidating his Rhineland territories.​

nPZtsRj.png

Sande would marry Princess Catherine, Queen Adeline Anniona's fair and younger sister. Catherine was an ambitious woman, and due to her elder sisters relative ineptitude in ruling the Kingdom had been making unsubtle plans to unseat her has Monarch. The Royal court of Bavaria unwilling to invite a civil war with Bohemia and Ferrara breathing down its neck were desperate to be rid of the troublesome princess as soon as possible making it a pragmatic match on all fronts.​

CyCKngb.png

A match that ultimately would be for the Best it seems as a year after the marriage Catherine had Produced an heir, Crown Princess Morgan who would inherit the martial prowess of her Mother, somewhat offsetting Sande's own terrible luck with his offspring.​

u5wU35N.png

With the dust settled, and the Scandal there was still benefits to be had. Cathay was the center of modern printing technology and combined with the influx of new technologies and discoveries brought in from the new world the channel region had become the premier region for innovation and the spread of ideas throughout the world. The Waterways of France, England and the Channel had become an intellectual highway and such developments would only compound with time.​

S9RVQiN.png

Printing had also enabled something not possible since the Julian reforms centuries ago, the creation and refinement of an Empire wide code of laws. While not the first of its kind in Europe, the Sandian Code would be the first widely printed and distributed code of Laws in Europe. The highlights being a uniform right to a fair trial, the formalization of punishments for various felonies and the establishment of the first copyright laws.​

9IHZgvE.png

In Cathay's Allies a major development had come about, greater than some royal scandal. The Kingdom of Ferrara, long dominant over Northern Italy had finally integrated the remaining Italian Princes in the West leaving only the Republic of Genoa and Ferrara on the peninsula. Triumphant the Kingdom of Italy at long last was proclaimed, a New Empire equal to that of Sicily in the South and a True power to be reckoned with.​

tUwRHeC.png

Elsewhere in the World the Colonial Race was heating up as the Swedes landed on Newfoundland, Naming it Vinland after the ancient medieval colony. Thus marking the arrival of a third major power in North America after the British and Khitan.​
QdOOg64.png

The Colonization of Vinland had allowed Sweden to dominate the European Fur Trade in its infancy. As demand for European and American fur skyrocketed the Swedes were now the sole beneficiaries bringing Trade and Prosperity to the North Sea but also Scandinava, a land increasingly left isolated by innovations and politics in lower Europe.​

8s3J77y.png

With Sweden Dominating the Fur Trade and the Iberians still dominant in Sugar and Slaves further to the south a new Initiative was given approval in the new world.

Explorers and Settlers to the New World not content with settling the Temperate lands of North America or the Sugar islands had begun to push further into more populated lands in Central America. During the first few years settlement was peaceful, particularly in Honduras where the native populations live more out of fear of the Xiu Empire or European Slavers looking to skimp on African Slaves.

The first of the Famed Conquistadors would be born of this co-existence. Malintzin was a Nauhau Woman given to Cathayan Colonists in Honduras as a slave. Governor Lucius Bellford however had already abandoned any hope of turning his charge into another Carribean as the climate was deemed unsuitable for large scale sugar or tobacco plantations and so freed the tributed given to him so long as they converted to Zunism and settled within the Colony.

Malintzin however soon proved herself far more capable not as a colonist, but as a commander. Able to speak both Mayan and Aztec languages and readily accepted into the ranks of Cathay's more egalitarian Military. Malintzin eventually would be brought back to Cathay where she would describe to the Royal court the Aztec and Mayan Empires in detail, and the vast sums of Gold held within.​

giTsm51.jpg

With America and it's vast wealth growing famous the floodgates now opened. Italy and Sicily as well as some more minor states such as Brunwich all openly pursued colonial adventures. The Ability to not only found colonies but also support them and extract profit from them had become a crucial part of international prestige overnight.
Knowing feeling this Malintzin returned to America at the head of an army forty thousand strong, with orders, to incorporate the Aztec and Mayan Peoples into the Cathay willingly, Or by force.

7KBTEvF.jpg

The Scramble for America was on.​

Last edited: