• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah out of the options a claim on the province would make sense and I wouldn't have minded that much as I would have been able to take back the province at a later date from Al Andalus who were pretty weak. Without the CB a war to regain Tago would potentially have been more irritating as the AI can be stubborn when offered deals for specific provinces even if the province doesn't really help them.

I do like some of the colonial events particularly the influx of colonists events that occasionally take population from main land provinces and help boost populations in colonies that human players would not normally bother expanding further other than through natural growth. It would be quite cool if there was some way of implementing colonial capitals to give a sense that some colonies have risen to genuine importance.

The events could give you a choice of provinces in the region that could be focused on and the colony would then get a fort level boost and a population boost (Some population coming from the other nearby colonies and some coming from the homeland). Admittedly I imagine this would be difficult to implement on a random basis and similar fixed events might already exist for the other regular colonisers.

In terms of colonisation I did feel that Brittany was a bit slow to get explorers as a lot of the islands had already gone and Eire had fully colonised Eastern Canada. Their description indicates that Brittany should be a colonial power which is still possible but I'm not sure where as Brazil has pretty much been split between myself, Bavaria and Sicily. Argentina and Uruguay is mostly mine though.

Dell19 said:
Yeah out of the options a claim on the province would make sense and I wouldn't have minded that much as I would have been able to take back the province at a later date from Al Andalus who were pretty weak. Without the CB a war to regain Tago would potentially have been more irritating as the AI can be stubborn when offered deals for specific provinces even if the province doesn't really help them.

I do like some of the colonial events particularly the influx of colonists events that occasionally take population from main land provinces and help boost populations in colonies that human players would not normally bother expanding further other than through natural growth. It would be quite cool if there was some way of implementing colonial capitals to give a sense that some colonies have risen to genuine importance.

The events could give you a choice of provinces in the region that could be focused on and the colony would then get a fort level boost and a population boost (Some population coming from the other nearby colonies and some coming from the homeland). Admittedly I imagine this would be difficult to implement on a random basis and similar fixed events might already exist for the other regular colonisers.

In terms of colonisation I did feel that Brittany was a bit slow to get explorers as a lot of the islands had already gone and Eire had fully colonised Eastern Canada. Their description indicates that Brittany should be a colonial power which is still possible but I'm not sure where as Brazil has pretty much been split between myself, Bavaria and Sicily. Argentina and Uruguay is mostly mine though.

I have begun the process of redoing these events and have completed up to the end of the second of the five files.

After a couple of Interregnum games I'm starting to believe that you can turn the tide and bring convert some EU3 heretics to the only and true EU game ;)

Looking forward to the first beta to be released, it'll be a pleasure to play on any map better than the vanilla one. :)

Thanks.

Now we just have to wait for Garbon (well, and for me to finish converting the files ... :rolleyes:

I remember the effort I put into converting Abberation to Kasperus' map... Especially the Byzantines were nasty, but the UoK selling claims to Denmark was also irritating ;)

Jedrek said:
I remember the effort I put into converting Abberation to Kasperus' map... Especially the Byzantines were nasty, but the UoK selling claims to Denmark was also irritating ;)

And Interregnum has more than 10 times as many events ....

...and that's why I can't wait to see the final result of your efforts :)

Playing as Eire in SP, I have noticed quite some unfair issues during the civil war of early 16th century.

As the civil war triggers the independence of three new nations, it will take quite a lot of time for my fully naval-free subjects-plutocracy (ridiculously expensive land troops) to annex them all, and at it I am also being attacked by AI Andalus, which I have no hope of defeating even with Scottish help, hardly even defending myself in Galicia (thankfully I have a strong navy). This all means that I will never be able to annex all those states before that new BB-decreasing monarch (that great monarch supposed to end the civil war according to the event description) comes to power. As I finally annex the countr/ies/y, remaining I immediately get quite some BB that would have been gone with the monarch coming to power afterwards.

I strongly recommend you to revise the civil war event and the new Monarch one. Perhaps there should be no revolters at all, as it's not really fair that Eire turns into one of the most hated nations (lowered relations as well) in Europe for surviving a civil war. I'd hate to re-experience that in MP. Eire can't afford to lose this early.

EDIT: Ah yes this belongs to the 1.08 Bughunt thread.

Last edited:
Playing as Eire in SP, I have noticed quite some unfair issues during the civil war of early 16th century.

As the civil war triggers the independence of three new nations, it will take quite a lot of time for my fully naval-free subjects-plutocracy (ridiculously expensive land troops) to annex them all, and at it I am also being attacked by AI Andalus, which I have no hope of defeating even with Scottish help, hardly even defending myself in Galicia (thankfully I have a strong navy). This all means that I will never be able to annex all those states before that new BB-decreasing monarch (that great monarch supposed to end the civil war according to the event description) comes to power. As I finally annex the countr/ies/y, remaining I immediately get quite some BB that would have been gone with the monarch coming to power afterwards.

I strongly recommend you to revise the civil war event and the new Monarch one. Perhaps there should be no revolters at all, as it's not really fair that Eire turns into one of the most hated nations (lowered relations as well) in Europe for surviving a civil war. I'd hate to re-experience that in MP. Eire can't afford to lose this early.

EDIT: Ah yes this belongs to the 1.08 Bughunt thread.

Fair assessemnt. I will revise today.

Thread Necromancy. Braaainsss...

As I understand it, Interregnum 2 is actually Interregnum for For the Glory. (I like Interregnum 2 better. No 'for's.)

Anyhow. The new development diary concerns religions and such, and I instantly thought of a few ideas for INT2.
Firstly, we could represent Lollards and Hussites adequately with their own religion tags in the "Early Reformed" group.
Secondly, we can introduce an Alternate Reformation Counter-reform religion. Call it "Latin" or something. It could come about as a result of countries not accepting Luther's reforms as Pope and breaking away from his Papacy, or as a result of an outright Papal civil war between a pro-Luther faction and a faction supporting a less reform-minded Pope. This creates a Latin-Catholic split rather than a Catholic-Protestant religious split in Europe.

This system has two benefits:
1) Luther-as-Pope Catholicism keeps the Catholic tag. This keeps all the trappings of Luther as being the head of a united (if reformed) church, including the CBs on owners of Rome and such. Catholicism is supposed to represent supporting the Pope, even if he is Martin Luther.
2) It is the dissenters that have to change religions. Once Luther is Pope, it is the 'old-school' Catholics that are leaving the fold and have to deal with the diplomatic fallout.
3) If the Alternate Reformation sequence is expanded, there can even be room for all 4 denominations to be active at once. It is unlikely that Luther could have been elected Pope without some concessions to the 'establishment' of the Catholic church. Therefore, once he becomes Pope, his (Catholic) religious faction will face opposition from the Latin faction that thinks his reforms go too far, as well as a Reformed faction that thinks he didn't go far enough. And you have some Henry VIII-style Protestants who want nothing to do with any Pope, such as the Wittelsbachs. (Though that can be done depending on the results of the sequence and nations involved. I now have wacky ideas of a Latin France with an Avignon Pope facing off against a Protestant Bavaria as Luther tries to play them off against each other and bring them back into the fold.)

Short answer: Yes.
Last time he has been spotted around here, MattyG was converting Interregnum to the new AGCEEP map, which was supposed to come out at the same time as FtG. The idea had been to make the conversion to a new map and a new game at the same time. However, the map is not yet ready.
So, when the AGCEEP map comes out, either MattyG will return with an FtG-compliant Interregnum for the new map, or his mantle may be taken up by someone else in the community.

Well, can't wait to see it happen :)

It will be awesome!!

[Thread Resurrection]
"Our archaeologists have discovered the remains of what appears to be an old Internet thread. It still seems to be at least partially functional, and our scholars claim that it could be brought back using the right techniques. Should we fund their experiments?

[Bring back this glorious thread!] *selects*
-100 Ducats
- Innovation +1000
- Relations with Papal States -75
- Relations with Bavaria -25

[No, it would be a sin to play god]
- Innovation -200
- Relations with Papal States +75
- Relations with Bavaria +25

Kuld went with Bring back this glorious thread! in Thread Necromancy.

Anyway!
I've been wondering: is this Interregnum for "For the Glory" or is this Interregnum ported to a new map somehow related to FtG and AGCEEP? I realize that it's pointless to ask if this Garbon individual really did ddecide to vanish under mysterious circumstances, but I am curious nonetheless. Speaking of which, is this even being worked on anymore? (Probably a stupid question, I guess.)

Also, provided that it is being worked on, is there any interest in the suggestion of new events? I have a number of changes - mostly Brittany-related - that I would like to suggest, but if none of them would reach the ears of someone interested in making use of them, I am tempted to just sit down, learn EU2 scripting and attempt to put it all together myself instead. (The extent of my experience with EU2 scripting so far: Changing the target province of Brittany's first CoT event, which put a CoT in Morbihan despite the town mentioned in the description being located in Bretagne. >_>)

Hi! I still play Interregnum from time to time so at least one person would be happy if you made some new things. :)
I don't know the whole story, but the last I heard of Garbon was him claiming he never said he would certainly complete the map, he became increasingly annoyed when asked about it. I don't know about his disappearance though, I suspect he probably just lost interest rather than some wicked ploy to tease EU II players.
Anyone else, feel free to correct me because as dramatic as these events seemed, I didn't keep on top of it. ^^;

I don't think there is an Interregnum mod for For the Glory. Things are awfully quiet over on those forums which is a shame, I was going to wait for a stream of mods before I got the thing but they never came, hey ho.

Oh, and if you would, lines 132 to 134 in the colony names for Brittany shouldn't have "Nova" before them, they should have "-Nevez" afterwards to fit in with the naming scheme. I didn't make those three colony names so I didn't want to seem pedantic and mention it at the time. It took me far too much research to come up with the very few colony names I created and I was slightly miffed by the lazy Breizh/Latin mix, only slightly though. :p

EU II scripting isn't difficult, it's just boring, hopefully not for you though! Good luck!

Edit:
Actually the other colony names after mine are a bit sloppy too. I've made them more proper but I don't know how likely it is that these names would be used. I've crudely translated some of the Saints names, but not all of them.

BRI;Nic'hao;37
BRI;Guema;39
BRI;Geun-Veur;50
BRI;Suloeizpri;51
BRI;Gorre Loeizpri;60
BRI;Vontreal;106
BRI;C'hebeg;110
BRI;Nova Cornubia;116
BRI;Sant Yann;120
BRI;Enerzennig Kaer;124
BRI;Locronan;1568
BRI;Lugahan;1569
BRI;Kernev-Nevez;Any
BRI;Leon-Nevez;Any
BRI;Gwened-Nevez;Any

BRI;Naoned-Nevez;Any
BRI;Roazhon-Nevez;Any
BRI;Brest-Nevez;Any
BRI;Sant Marï;Any
BRI;Sant Hoelenn;Any
BRI;Sant Claire;Any
BRI;Sant Gilles;Any
BRI;Sant Jakez;Any
BRI;Sant Cruz;Any
BRI;Sant Frañsez;Any
BRI;Sant Pezr;Any
BRI;Port Ana;Any
BRI;Port Pereioù;Any

And here are more accurately named Breton Saint names, which could be used for colonies if you want-

BRI;Sant Samzun;Any
BRI;Sant Maloù;Any
BRI;Sant Brieg;Any
BRI;Sant Tugdual;Any
BRI;Sant Paol Aorelian;Any
BRI;Sant Kaourintin;Any
BRI;Sant Padern;Any

I'd forgotten how much of a pain it is to translate from this language, eulgh!

Last edited:
This might be yet another case of thread necromancy, but . . .

Has this mod died? Has it moved elsewhere?

I see there are a couple more recent posts in the 1.08 thread about downloading the mod, but there's no sign anyone is working on it here.

Would be a real shame if it really is dead.