• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MattyG

Attention is love.
15 Badges
Mar 23, 2003
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
Download Interregnum 1.08 here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0b974c551c5107eed2db6fb9a8902bda

I am particularly excited to release this version for these reasons:

1. There is a lot of great new material, especially the Polish file.

2. It has been six months to finish it, with many changes of direction.

3. It is my final build for Interregnum 1. Four years and hundreds of hours and it is a good mod. Unfinished, imperfect, yes, but it contains much that is interesting and fun to play.

Once I do the updated version for next week (with any and all quirky bugs smoothed out) I will pass the torch to anyone who wants to take it up.

I will restart work on 2.0, which may never come out, as that mapo is still not available, and I will remain on the forum. Looking forward to playing it.

A special thank you goes to beregic, whose playtesting, bugfinding and ideas have helped make Interregnum as good as it is.

Bug Hunting

Fixed the colonynames bug. Now all the colonies ought to come out right.

Altered the West African Cores events to not trigger for anyone, anywhere, only European neighbours to the west african states.

Corrected the replicated bug that failed to trigger the secobd version of each tracking eventb resulting in potentially endless random +1 tax gains. (Thanks beregic)

Corrected the bug that meant the Edict of Tolerance triggered twice if there was the Alternative Reformation, and that the AltRef version would trigger as early as 1525.

Caribbean Sea is now Caribbean Sea again after spending quite some time as the Persian Sea. Hee hee.

Added flags to the Mecca and Medina events so the the iterations don't happen to the same player, all at once.

Maya COT events now corrected so that they don't all happen. Fixed some other issues with them as well.

Changed the start-date for the Aztec and Ben Zaa conversion event sequences to 1490 so that cannot somehow happen before the Europeans arrive.

The event The Liberation of Portugal should now fire, granting it the ai files it needs to explore.

The provinces of Zimbabwe now have Shona culture again.

Updated the name for ROY tag from Royalists to Rearacht of Portugal, which should have been done about three years ago ... ooops.

AI Events

Removed the last of the AI-only fortress events. Now any problems are the games' fault.

Added events in the Golden Horde file that trigger off whomever owns Astrakhan which grants all the goodies needed for the ai to explore the Siberian corridor. Plus a follow-up event to gove more goodies if they make it to Novosibirsk. Two versions, so that two separate countries can try for it. Then built a player-only version which just gives you a conquistador. And costs you $50. So it goes.

Added an ai random for small European states that own a colony and which are at war and own-but-don't-control a European province. It gives revolts in the colonies to make the government collapse and works (hopefully) to bring to an end those ceaseless wars that can occur. Thanks beregic for the idea.

Random Events

The option for Give Concessions in the Tension events now grants only -1BB instead of -2BB

Colonial Events

Updated all the Industrial, Revolution and Pressure for Independence events to occur earlier and under a broader range of conditions. The revolution events can now begin in 1700, and can occur right up until 1820, ditto the Pressure events. The Industrial events can now occur from about 1650.

Housekeeping

Now uses the infra and trade tables from the AGCEEP. Reworked the upper levels of the Naval charts so that the ahead of time penalty of 'virtually impossible' only kicks in at at 59.

Added many new colonynames provided by forumites.

Added hundreds of new random leaders and monarchs for as-yet-undeveloped files curtesy of idont and the random generation program.

Added Lithuanian culture (288) and Belarus culture (284 281 280) and changed Memel to German at game start. Belarus uses the Abenaki culture tag. Memel can turn to baltic and Prussia can turn to Lithuanian (as well as Polish).

Dalmatia can change to Magyar and Slavonic culture; Ragusa can change to Albanian or Slavonic culture; Rumelia begins as Slavonic culture,Bujak begins as Romanian and can go cossack; Transylvania can go to Romanian culture; Banat can go also greek and slavonic culture; Dobruja can witch between romanian and slavonic; and Ruthenia can now go to Ruthenian culture.

Al-Andalus

Coverting to mutazelite now confers auto-conversion of Castille and Catalunya if they are owned and sunni.

Bohemia

Ziszka is now 5/6/6/2 if Hussite Bohemia emerges.

Cossack Hetmanate

Now gets Ruthenian culture immediately upon forming Ruthenia.
Changed countryname to Cossack Ulus.
Added an ai event to get the cossacks more aggressive against the Horde, sometimes. There are conditions, as always, but they get the 3Cs: cores, cash and cavalry!

Friesland

Now begins as a vassal of Bavaria and its history has been rewritten. Can get absorbed through the marriage of Anne in the mid 1400s or else return to a semi-democratic council. Frisian culture is now the state culture and if friesland expands it can convert Holland and Oldenburg to Frisian culture. Can gain danish culture in the right circumstances.

Halych-Volhynia

Added the new Administrative reform events of Roman devised by TheConqueror. Thanks!

H-V now only gets the inheritance of Kiev if it is Orthodox or has the Lex halicia in place.

Hansa

Created ai-only events for London and Firenze for them to set those provinces free (as Siena and City of London) should they be captured, so as to prevent drawn out conflicts over provinces the ai won't know how to properly value or fight for.

Hungary

Removed all the Union with Poland events. Hungary now has a few events in the Polish file, and union is still possible depending on the dynastic choices made by Poland.

Altered the early monarchs of Hungary because there were no Jagiellons.

Iceland

Added Norweigian immigrants event and the explorer Leif Erledsson. Thanks Tayya!

Updated the leader and monarch files for Iceland.

Lorraine

Added events for Lorraine to switch between French and German culture.

Mamelukes

The elite units are now 2/3/3 instead of 2/3/4.

Miscellaneous

Added province-based events for:

- Earthquake in Wroclaw
- Tin Mining in Altenburg
- Gold events in Tortuga, Moron and Puerto Rico
- Earthquake in Lampang
- Shaanxi Earthquake
- Hihgly profitable sugar events for the Caribbean

All events stolen from AGCEEP and then greatly improved upon!

Podolia

Added a leader.

Poland

A major new file. More events than could be covered here. Needs to be played to be understood! However, some of the things that are possible:

1. Dynastic braches that include the Pommeranian Piasts, Opole Piasts, Halych-Volhynian and Hungarian lines. Or, the Sejm taking power.

2. Civil war at the end of the Pomemranian Piasts, after the great Boguslaw II

3. Hungarian line can go reformed religion, getting Kowalski as a leader.

4. Polish provinces will go reformed after 1550 and can begin a major religious rebellion. If Poland re-emerges, it can go a bit beserk under Stanislaw Kowalski.

5. Under Kowalski, can get eventually many cores and Lithuanian and Czech cultures.

6. Poland can gain latin tech and gets it automatically if it emerges as a Reformed state under Kowalski.

7. Poland gets many fine leaders and some good monarchs.

8. Polish Hussars are a 3/3/2 elite unit from 1525 through to 1820, as long at it remains in the game: the Poland that emerges out of revolt does not get them back.

I have tried to capture a sense of Poland. If I have succeeded, then it will seem at once familiar, and different at the same time. I hope also that it is a fun country to play, and a great wrench in the works in the late 1500s/early 1600s if it emerges through revolt.

Pommerania

Now a two-province starting state. Welcome back! Takes Hinterpommern from Brandenburg and Vorpommern from Hansa. German and Polish culture at game start, but loses Polish culture very early on unless it takes over some Polish provinces.

Added a Reformation event for Pommerania.

Ragusa

Added a new monarch list by Basileios II. Now it just needs some events!

Rebels

Added Stanislaw Zólkiewski and Stanislaw Kowalski as rebel leaders for the 05 05 1610 revolt date is Poland does not exist. Because rebel leaders cannot be slept or woken, they'll still appear, in the nearest rebel army. Could be very humourous.

Scotland

Added events for Scotland to regain gaelic culture and to convert English provinces to Inglis culture. Aklso a nice First Minister type event if the capital moves to York.

Silesia

As a province under most circumstances, gets a series of 'robber knight' events for the late 1400s/early 1500s.

Smolensk

Added the new monarchs, leaders and events as written by Jedrek (awesome work).

Teutonic Order

Added events for the loss of Polish, Lithuanian and Belarus culture.
Located here the culture change events for provinces 280 281, 284 and 289.

Universities

A new event cycle. Now all of the major middle ages universities that began prior to 1419 have an event each deace that gives you a infra and trade bonus, so long as you own the province and meet the Innovative requirement. Have an Inno that's too low indicates that you are repressing or ignoring the research bring done there. The Universities are Padua, Bologna, Heidelberg, Charles (Prague), Akademia Krakowa, Constantinople, Paris, Montpellier, Toulouse, Oxford, Cambridge, and Salerno and Napoli (both in the same province, very powerful). Of course, nothing is ever for free, as there are random events where the university needs cash for buildings etc. If people have ideas for university equivalents in the muslim world, please let me know. Baghdad, Alexandria and Balasiya might be locations.

Last edited:
Looks wonderul Matty :) I really love Interregnum, will download 1.08 now.
Oh, did you do any changes to the Kalmarunionen?
I don't wanna be bitchy already, but hey, I am swedish :D

It has been called Nordrige since 1.07, at least.;)
Uhm, I think some of the new colonynames might be for Nordrige.

It will always be Kalmarunionen to me.
Ah yes, colonynames.

Okey, Croatias first monarchs name is "monarch", and Styrias first monarch is "Ernst the Iron", is it only me, or does Ernst the Iron sound weird to someone else? Otherwise, it looks good :)

EDIT: Danzig, Köln and Brabant also start with "monarch".

All states that have "monarch" as the monarch name are because they have the generically-created monarch files.

If someone wants to give these monarchs names, that's be great.

Okey, when it begins, 1419 I don't remember if if was the TO or Poland who controlled Danzig, but why not give Danzig the same monarch as TO/Poland?
And, well, Croatia I don't know. Weren't they part of Hungary? (I know this is an un-historic mod, but still :), or maybe use monarchs from another mod.)

Brabant and Köln have monarchs in vanilla GC, so why not here?

Okey, when it begins, 1419 I don't remember if if was the TO or Poland who controlled Danzig, but why not give Danzig the same monarch as TO/Poland?

Danzig is independent in 1419.

Why would they have the same monarchs as another state?

And, well, Croatia I don't know. Weren't they part of Hungary? (I know this is an un-historic mod, but still :), or maybe use monarchs from another mod.)

Begin independent as well. Can you suggest a list?

Brabant and Köln have monarchs in vanilla GC, so why not here?

OK

What is interregnum 2.0, anyways?

This began almost two years ago.

I was finally persuaded to upgrade Interregnum to a new map with more provinces.

A vote was held regarding which map to use, with the candidates being WatK, MyMap and the AGCEEP map. The AGCEEP map won out handily. At the time a source close to the designer for the map suggested it would be out "in a month or two". Here we are nearly two years later and no sign of it.

I have done much work on converting Interregnum to the new map, including about 1/3 of the event files, but halted development of that when I was enticed back to work on Interregum 1 and brought out versions 1.07 and 1.08.

Here is a link for the AGCEEP map design, as divided up for 2.0. The file is big and some provinces have changed hands and some new states added, but it's mostly accurate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2g9ndue9x5p

Will the AGCEEP map ever be finished? Garbon is working on it on his own and refuses to answer any questions.

Looks wonderul Matty :) I really love Interregnum, will download 1.08 now.
Oh, did you do any changes to the Kalmarunionen?
I don't wanna be bitchy already, but hey, I am swedish :D

No changes other than those listed.

I hope you like the new material and that it spices up some aspect of the game for you.

I have uploaded the revised version.

This contains many bug fixes, especially for Poland and Hungary.

It also has changes to some random events, adds orthodox religion countries to the cores events and more Chimu events, ealders and monarchs by beregic.

This began almost two years ago.

I was finally persuaded to upgrade Interregnum to a new map with more provinces.

A vote was held regarding which map to use, with the candidates being WatK, MyMap and the AGCEEP map. The AGCEEP map won out handily. At the time a source close to the designer for the map suggested it would be out "in a month or two". Here we are nearly two years later and no sign of it.

I have done much work on converting Interregnum to the new map, including about 1/3 of the event files, but halted development of that when I was enticed back to work on Interregum 1 and brought out versions 1.07 and 1.08.

Here is a link for the AGCEEP map design, as divided up for 2.0. The file is big and some provinces have changed hands and some new states added, but it's mostly accurate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2g9ndue9x5p

Will the AGCEEP map ever be finished? Garbon is working on it on his own and refuses to answer any questions.

should you have adopted "mymap"...another story...most of the eu2 players( not just the frequest ones in the mp section) play "mymap" to start with;)
yes is not a perfect map(doubt the agceep would be either, nothing is perfect:p) but it has been available for years.

Croatia

historicalmonarch = {
id = { type = 6 id = 038000 }
name = "Zigmund"
startdate = {
year = 1387
}
deathdate = {
day = 9
month = december
year = 1437
}
DIP = 4
ADM = 3
MIL = 8
dormant = no
remark = "Also of Brandenburg, Bohemia and Hungary."
}
historicalmonarch = {
id = { type = 6 id = 038001 }
startdate = {
day = 9
month = december
year = 1437
}
deathdate = {
day = 27
month = october
year = 1439
}
name = "Albrecht"
DIP = 3
ADM = 3
MIL = 3
dormant = no
remark = "Also of Bohemia and Hungary."
}
historicalmonarch = {
id = { type = 6 id = 038002 }
startdate = {
day = 27
month = october
year = 1439
}
deathdate = {
day = 10
month = november
year = 1444
}
name = "Vladislav I Varnencik"
DIP = 4
ADM = 4
MIL = 3
dormant = no
remark = "Also Wladyslaw III of Poland."
}

Maybe like this? Found in MyMap monarch files for croatia.

If you look up the history of Croatia you can see that they were ruled by Hungary (hence having many hungarian monarchs) from 1102-1918.

So, dismiss my previous post and instead:
Dionizije IV Lacković 1416-1418
1423-1435 Slavonia only
Nikola Frankopan (died 1432)
Matko Talovac 1435-1445
Friedrick II and Ulrich II of Celje, opposed by Frank Talovac 1445-1454
John Hunyadi 1446-1450
László Hunyadi 1454-1455
Nikola Frankopan (son of Nikola Frankopan) 1456-1458
Mirko (Emeric) Zapoljski 1464-1465
Ivan Thuz of Lak 1466-1467
Blaž Madar Podmanicki 1470-1472
Damjan Horvat 1472-1473
Andrija Bánffy of Lendava 1476-1477
Ladislav of Egervár 1477-1481
Stjepan Frankopan (died 1481)
Blaž Madar Podmanicki 1482
Matija Geréb 1483-1489
Ladislav of Egervár 1489-1493
Emerik (Mirko) Derencin 1493 (known from the battle of Krbava field)
Ivan Bot 1493
Ladislav Kaniški 1493-1495
Ivaniš Korvin 1495-1498
Juraj Kaniški 1498-1499
Ivan Korvin 1499-1504
Franjo Balassa of Gyarmat 1505
Andrija Bot 1505-1507
Marko Mišljenović 1506-1507
Ivan Ernust of Čakoveć 1508-1509
Juraj Kaniški 1508-1509
Andrija Bot 1510-1511
Mirko (Emeric) Perényi 1512-1513
Petar Berislavić 1513-1520
Ivan Karlović (Johann Torquatus) of Krbava (Corbavia) 1521-1524
Ivan Tahy 1525
Franjo Baćan (Batthyány) 1525-1527

Hopefully this will help. Oh, and do note that these are not actual monarchs of Croatia, but merely rulers.

Last edited:
Or take the one I made for A4K:

Code:
#Croatia - Monarchs (Subic of Bribir)
#By Basileios II
#IDs 32000 - 32013

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

historicalmonarch = {
id = { type = 6 id = 32000 }
name = "Petar I"
startdate = {
year = 1408
}
enddate = {
month = april
year = 1440
}
DIP = 5
ADM = 5