• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ZechsMerquise73

Field Marshal
80 Badges
Sep 3, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
I'd like to play this online sometime, and was wondering if there are enough people still around to form a regular DV game. I know the one forming for a 900 year game, but I'd just like to start doing some straight games of DV without all the hassle.

So, if you'd like to make plans to form such a game, go ahead and post here. We'd need to work out a time, and any other pertinent details.

{new player}

I know CK is MP but can someone explain how you play this "day by day" game as MP? I have to pause the game all the time to read & understand the events popping up non-stop, to check out my counts, rebellions, make improvements etc. I'm guessing there is no pausing....

Can you send messages to the other players, make deals?

Is there a MP explanation thread someplace?
Thanks.

Well atleast to me, the biggest thing I have had to learn in MP games (aside the fact that humans tend to get pissed over stuff that AI bears no grudge:p ) is to work without pausing.
In CK, clicking on pure feelin-basis is the way to go;)

{new player}

I know CK is MP but can someone explain how you play this "day by day" game as MP? I have to pause the game all the time to read & understand the events popping up non-stop, to check out my counts, rebellions, make improvements etc. I'm guessing there is no pausing....

Can you send messages to the other players, make deals?

Is there a MP explanation thread someplace?
Thanks.

There is an inbuilt chat feature in CK that lets you talk to other players and make deals, in TWBW (the last big CK MP game), a third party program called teamspeak was used in parallel to allow faster verbal communication between players.

Pausing without permission from fellow players is a fo pah in MP games, as it risks a crash occuring and gets in the way of other players' doings. Because of this, MP games are played at a much slower speed than SP games (slow or below normal is what we generally played at in TWBW).

As far as events happening too fast - I found as TWBW continued I began to know all the events by heart, so I'd know what options to pick as soon as I saw the event title...

I do recommend playing CK MP, it is a thousand times more fun than CK SP, as the AI in CK is really too weak to give a very good game. The intrigues of a half dozen players combine with the colour of the game to produce what I think is the finest multiplayer experience of Paradox's games - this despite it being the most unstable of them. If you're interested, check out the "Children of the Motherland" signup thread. It's for a megacampeign, but there is nothing to stop you playing only the CK leg of it (the idea is to have fun after all).

fasquardon

Er, if this isn't dead I would love to hop onto this little wagon here :D

Go ahead and stick your name down on the "Children of the Motherland" signup thread then. Don't expect things to move quickly though. Due to the small player base, it takes a while to gather players for CK MP games.

fasquardon