• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

.Me

Major
38 Badges
Oct 1, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
It is possible to remain involved in a civil war? For example, a planet or perhaps a group of planets turn against your guide and gave rise to a revolt.

EU4 uses country tags, cultures, and religions to spawn revolts. CK2 uses factions, culture, and religion.

Stellaris doesn't have tags or factions so it can't use those. But it does have a POPs system. So I guess the answer is "Yes."

EU4 uses country tags, cultures, and religions to spawn revolts. CK2 uses factions, culture, and religion.

Stellaris doesn't have tags or factions so it can't use those. But it does have a POPs system. So I guess the answer is "Yes."
I think Stellaris does have factions. Also, POPs. Probably it will work like Vic2

Reactions:
I think Stellaris does have factions.
It has Federations. And I'm sure Federations have factions, just like CK2. But I thought OP was talking about rebellions from your own planets, not from other Federation members?

It has Federations. And I'm sure Federations have factions, just like CK2. But I thought OP was talking about rebellions from your own planets, not from other Federation members?
Yes, I am referring to a local revolt, just like the provincial revolts in Europa Universalis, I mean: I am the Empire "A", I conquer the planet "B", the planet B decides to revolt, and it manages to gain independence. now we have the Empire A in war against the Republic of B. Two different warring factions, but of the same species.

Reactions:
Yes, I am referring to a local revolt, just like the provincial revolts in Europa Universalis, I mean: I am the Empire "A", I conquer the planet "B", the planet B decides to revolt, and it manages to gain independence. now we have the Empire A in war against the Republic of B. Two different warring factions, but of the same species.
I think the real interesting question here is. If empire "A" is in a Federation, and planet "B" revolts and becomes republic "B," will republic "B" automatically be in the same Federation as empire"A" ? And if so, will that legitimize republic "B"s independance?

Reactions:
Slightly picky but I think you mean intra-species war. Inter-species would meaning between different species, intra means within one.
Thank you for nitpicking this before I had to :)

Personally, I'd love to see civil wars, both Revolutions and secession movements. Maybe even non-violent ones. Space Gandhi ftw!

Knowing Paradox, I'd be very suprised if there was no possibility of internal disorder and division.

My understanding is that Federations are more like voluntary associations of multiple member states that work like a CK2 elective monarchy, meaning what start as independent states gradually coalesce into federations- factions are what exist within individual states, are joined by pops, and can result in what started as one state splitting into two or more.

Reactions:
Doesn't Stellaris also have characters? If so, we might see those characters revolt against the empires that form.

New plan: piss off the hyper-militarists in my race until they revolt against my rule, form their own country, and embark on a galactic crusade. Watch as my race rules the galaxy.

factions are what exist within individual states, are joined by pops, and can result in what started as one state splitting into two or more.
I think you're right.

Population units ("Pops") can each have their own species, ethics and grievances however, which can encourage them to join Factions.

No. Federations are unions between states/factions. You don't play as planet. You play as a faction and you start without a federation. You do play a state in Stella.

No. Federations are unions between states/factions. You don't play as planet. You play as a faction and you start without a federation. You do play a state in Stella.
I honestly have no clue what you're responding to. Since nothing in my post runs contrary to your reply. Had your coffee yet this morning? o_O

Stellaris.jpg

This screenshot features both the "Tezhnid Confederation" and "Tezhnid League", which appear to be two distinct entities of the same (guessing) species.