• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This map deliberately does not include northern Russia, Finland or anything east of Persia.

The map is shooting for start dates in Europe of about 500 AD to about 1250 AD at the latest.

I can't imagine how many provinces will be in each places.:eek:

In Italy 100 provinces at least... will be impressive:)

btw, if you would need inspiration for France, here is a map I made (for late 11th to 14th century). This is not the latest version, but I hope I will soon be able to upload the final map

http://www.rome.webz.cz/france.gif

I've been quite busy, here is the map region I have just finished:

insulae_europa1.jpg

note: 50% reduction in size, this region is in reality 4736x3648

eeek that's a lot of provinces. Whilst it seems ideal to have heaps of provinces, I think HOI3 has shown it has its weaknesses. I mean imagine trying to conquer that England of 70 odd provinces, it would take ages.

netherlands look awesome:D

Wow!

Impressive! :eek:

Thanks guys :)

Impressive:)
About 150 provinces for GB and Ireland.

I remember anyway the sectors limit...

This map has about 4 sectors across, I'll run out of provinces before I run into the province limit.

eeek that's a lot of provinces. Whilst it seems ideal to have heaps of provinces, I think HOI3 has shown it has its weaknesses. I mean imagine trying to conquer that England of 70 odd provinces, it would take ages.

Indeed a few hundred years I should hope, should make an Arthurian scenario somewhat interesting ;)

Wow, that's... wow. :eek:

Thanks guys :)

This map has about 4 sectors across, I'll run out of provinces before I run into the province limit.

Do you mean this piece of map that you've post?

Ok, but I don't understand if you know that sector limits are overlapped.

The current map hasn't indeed problems with sectors limit (that you can verify with minject), but if you add also actual France, Spain, Germany you risk to going beyond the sector limits, because the sector limits are overlapped. I hope not...

Don't worry, if there's any who got that covered it's MKJ. ;)

Edit: Awesome map btw! Just a thought, why not move down Iceland a bit so you see all of it. :)

Attachments

• iceland.png
    iceland.png
    124 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Don't worry, if there's any who got that covered it's MKJ. ;)

Edit: Awesome map btw! Just a thought, why not move down Iceland a bit so you see all of it. :)

Thanks Birger :)
Looks better that way I agree.

Do you mean this piece of map that you've post?

Ok, but I don't understand if you know that sector limits are overlapped.

The current map hasn't indeed problems with sectors limit (that you can verify with minject), but if you add also actual France, Spain, Germany you risk to going beyond the sector limits, because the sector limits are overlapped. I hope not...

Meh, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Most of the provinces have river going through and not many have borders made by river. Looks like river crossings will be rare.
What are your plans with rivers in the field of gameplay?

I've never been a huge fan of rivers as they are more often than not running through the primary city of the province in question with the aforementioned city encompassing one or more banks, or even (as with Paris) an island IN the river.

As far as I'm concerned rivers are primarily decorative

impressive