• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What a shame and a very bad MP optimization.

I had test through Hamachi, direct IP, switching host and its only a 2 players game.

I had open the ports of the game and I was Germany and he was France, very near.

Yea, HoI 2 hasn't been really made with care for MP, like especially with the port issues. Many people face lags or they are unable to host/join a game. And configuring through all the router settings can really cause a headache for many.

Personally it took me 6 months and a second router to get my multiplayer working. But I can tell you it was surely worth it. Nothing beats a good HoI multiplayer game. ;)

Thanks for the Hamachi site. I tested it and it all works fine for me. But not being a regular forum member until recently I dont have too many other 'friends' who are into this game.

Would anyone else like to post their host name IP details so I can play them ?

Hi. I am new here, but have played hoi for a long period of time. So I decided to try playing in multiplayer, bet the hamachi network seems to be full all the time. So why not make another one and post it here?

Thanks for the Hamachi site. I tested it and it all works fine for me. But not being a regular forum member until recently I dont have too many other 'friends' who are into this game.

Would anyone else like to post their host name IP details so I can play them ?
Well there is the long player's list on the MP forum, where you can find HoI players. Also the GMT multi is operating atm, you can also find it on the Multiplayer forum.

Hi. I am new here, but have played hoi for a long period of time. So I decided to try playing in multiplayer, bet the hamachi network seems to be full all the time. So why not make another one and post it here?
Ok look, this thread is checked out by numerous people and many of them try out the channel. If I made another channel, it would eventually fill up as well. So all I can do is clean up the existing one, I'll do that now btw...

But if you just get the message that the channel is full, you can be pretty sure that your Hamachi is working then anyway.

Lol, no way. All the players even need to have the same version to play.

The purpose of this guide is to help you with installing Hamachi and showing you how to join a game. Notice that I assume that your port forwarding is in order, I'm not going to handle that complicated issue here.
Hi, sorry to bother you and dig that very old thread out, but if you're still reading this, Storm, there is something i do not really understand here.

To me, the purpose of Hamachi was to free the user of that complicated port-forwarding stuff by providing a virtual network... so mmh, if "my port forwarding [was] in order", why would i need Hamachi at all ?

Anyways, I'm a guest at someones home at the moment, and cant really modify the home's router settings, so I thought about using Hamachi and tried it to play with a friend...
I created a Hamachi network, she connected to it fine.
I tried to host over lan, she sees me but freezes when trying to join
I tried to host over direct-ip, she freezes the same why entering my hamachi-given IP
She tried to host over lan, I cant see her (but mb there are too many Lans here, 3 connections are listed under Win7, that may confuse the LAN search maybe ?)
She tried to host over direct-ip, and I get a "game not found" popup when I try to join entering her Hamachi-given IP...

?? :(

Now here's the part where I'll get flamed at, I'm posting this about "For the Glory", but I'd bet every Paradox game with that engine works about the same...

Thanks to any guy still reading this thread ;)
[Maybe I'm just wrong in my first assertion, in which case I'd really like an answer to : wtf is Hamachi supposed doing ? :D]

Move onto Gameranger. Much easier and more reliable to use.

Hamachi works for me , but the connection is really bad if i use it.

@Storm501
I tried Gameranger .
I think its good , but if im in a room and the host starts the game, the game doesnt bring me to the game room.
:(

I'm trying to connect to Darkest Hour with a few friends on Hamachi. I used hamachi all the time for EUIII and CKII, but it seems every time I try to play an HOI game on multiplayer, I get the exact same problem.

If I host a game and people try to join, they get no error whatsoever. The game mouse freezes for about 90-120 seconds and then it acts as if nothing had happened.
If they host the game, the exact same thing happens to me, but they can join each others games fine.
I port forwarded
I double checked my firewall over and over. Darkest Hour is allowed.

I also have this problem with HoI2: Doomsday, but Eu3 and Ck2 never give me any trouble.

Edit: Our checksums are all the same.
Any suggestions?