• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

F.A.T.H.E.R.

First Lieutenant
67 Badges
Nov 13, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
Has I have seen that you brought this game I looked in Playstore and found it but wasn't able to install it on my Samsung Galaxy S9 which has enough RAM and I think a large screen 5,8 inch. Maybe the problem is that I have Android 9.

They have locked it to "Tablets only" in addition to the screen pixel size requirement.
So having a "mobile" with enough large screen isn't enough, it must specifically be declared as a "Tablet" (having the tablet build of Android) for it to be access the app.

They have also added "DisallowMobile" to licensing, so even if you purchase the app on a tablet, and then use a "black" .apk (from for example APKPure) to side-load the app into a mobile (in an effort to bypass the "Tablets only" restriction) tied to the same Google account, licensing check will fail because its specifically disallowed on mobile even if your Google Play account has a valid license for the game.

I think its a stupid move to do like this. Why disallow it on mobile completely?
Why not allow it on mobile but instead say you play/buy on your own risk, features may not work propely if you play on mobile.

The PA app is pretty heavy, for a mobile game. Even if they let you play it, your phone is likely to overheat and the battery empty out almost instantly. Tablets are better suited to handle heavy apps, because by design they have more surface to release heat and the batteries are much, much bigger. There are few other reasons why it's not allowed on phones, like the fact they don't want to support a billion different platforms, but as someone who plays it on iPad, I can honestly tell you that I would not want to attempt to run it on my phone.