• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Descartes

Lt. General
42 Badges
Oct 12, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
INSTALLATION
Many of the errors reported in this forum are linked to installation issues. If you follow the instructions below, the mod should work as intended.

PREPARATIONS
In order to play Imperium, you need to have Europa Universalis: Rome with Vae Victis installed and patched to version 2.31. It is also necessary that you play the game in English, since other languages are not supported by the mod at the time being. You can change your game language in settings.txt, which can be found in your installation directory. For example, if you are playing in German, you need to replace l_german with l_english.

INSTALLATION
Please follow these steps to the letter.
  1. Download the latest version of Imperium.
  2. Extract the files with WinRAR (which you can download for free at www.rarlab.com).
  3. Move the extracted files to your mod folder. Normally, this directory can be found in C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis - Rome.
  4. Clear the map cache, by opening C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis - Rome\map\cache\ and deleting everything except the folder called province_textures.
To play the mod, start the game launcher and select Imperium in the dropdown menu.

DELETING MAP CACHE
If you are unfamiliar with mods, it may feel a bit drastic to delete contents of the original game directory. This, however, is not a drastic measure at all. Map cache is automatically regenerated by the game during start-up. Consequently, deleting map cache doesn't affect your original installation in any way.

DATA ERRORS IN WINRAR
In some versions, I forget to remove all gfx files (GIMP work files). If you haven't got GIMP installed on your computer (don't worry, you don't have to), WinRAR will report an error. This doesn't prevent the directory from extracting, though, as you can just ignore these files.

If you have any difficulties, please post in this thread.

Last edited:
The installation doesn't work for me...

Every time I do it I get two errors,

Data error in 'Imperium/gfx/interface/bg_province.xcf. File is broken.
And,
Cannot open output file C:paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis - Rome/mod/Imperium/Imperium.ink

And when I check the drop down menu it doesn't have it on there, only default. I'm downloading 1.2 by the way.

I'm also using 7-Zip, not WinRAR. Never had this problem before with 7-Zip, though.

Edit: Oh, my bad... I feel like an idiot. I should probably read on other peoples problems first...