• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gunny123

The right wing odd ball
12 Badges
Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
I ran the installer and read the FAQ section and it said it was suposed to put a shortcut on my desk top. It did not put the shortcut on my desk top after instalation. Any guess on what i did wrong?

Im running HOI 1.06 and it is in its normal install directory.

Another Install Question

Hey guys,

I really want to try out your mod, but am having an install failure. I have loaded and updated my vanilla HoI to v1.06. Then, while the SRP mod is installing it fails at 85% of total install. The place it stops is in \gfx\Interface\units.jpg. The error message says "JPEG decompression error, couldn't open output file". The load aborts. This has happened both times I tried to install.
Do you think I have a corrupted download file? An inability to follow directions? A bug in the works?
Any positive suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

ArmdChair

ArmdChair said:
Hey guys,

I really want to try out your mod, but am having an install failure. I have loaded and updated my vanilla HoI to v1.06. Then, while the SRP mod is installing it fails at 85% of total install. The place it stops is in \gfx\Interface\units.jpg. The error message says "JPEG decompression error, couldn't open output file". The load aborts. This has happened both times I tried to install.
Do you think I have a corrupted download file? An inability to follow directions? A bug in the works?
Any positive suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

ArmdChair

The same thing happened to me. 2 ways to fix it.

way #1 you can go into your HOI folder then into the GFX folder then into the interface folder. inside the interface folder delete the units icon and the units_small icon then install the stony road mod and it should work fine.

way#2 just do a minimal install of the stony road mod. The mod will run fine but you wont get any of the historical flags of cool sprites by doing a minimal install.