• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Glomp

Recruit
18 Badges
Dec 9, 2018
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
Hello

I appear to be having a similar problem to a number of users.

Things run fine for a few years, then saves start to cause system freezes. The client eventually crashes after a period. I've tried reinstalling drivers, steam repairs and turning off graphics options, however the problem persists.

I'm enjoying the game otherwise, so help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    99,2 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    4,9 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    866 bytes · Views: 0
  • game.log
    150,1 KB · Views: 0
I see you have some BlueScreen events showing there, which are always Windows, driver or hardware problems. Next time you get one (whether associated with this game or not) record the text on that screen, which will help point to the problem area.

Meantime Right click on ck3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, refresh rate 60.

Any better?

Thanks for the reply.

My system is generally stable and the recent BlueScreen was actually after updating the graphics driver. There was only one recent instance and it's been fine since. Other similar applications run fine.

I'd read about altering ck3.exe and the launcher settings from other posts, so those were already done. I've re-checked them both after your suggestion.

I'm afraid the problem persists.

Do you have a saved game or a sequence of actions in the game that reliably triggers the problem? If so best to make a Bug Report on this one I think.

There appears to be no common factor between crashes, other than growing instability over time and auto-saves triggering it. I can restart the application and play on from the last valid save, however it'll just crash again after a period. Looking through previous threads this does seem to be a common problem, so perhaps a bug report would be best.

There appears to be no common factor between crashes, other than growing instability over time and auto-saves triggering it. I can restart the application and play on from the last valid save, however it'll just crash again after a period. Looking through previous threads this does seem to be a common problem, so perhaps a bug report would be best.
Fair enough, please go ahead with that!