• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tech Support

michal9852

Recruit
4 Badges
Dec 31, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Prison Architect
Like many people, i have an initialising bug.
I use Game pass version. I've reinstalled wi game (on C) nothing works.
My Windows works perfectly and the only problem are with CK3. I have the lastest update at my disposition. The crash with task manager appear when my CK3 bug... I can't close it (i restart my computer for resolve that).

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    115,7 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    257 bytes · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    3,3 KB · Views: 0
The game doesn't find any audio device:
[13:31:59][audio2_fmod.cpp:79]: PdxAudio2: FMOD::Debug_Initialize error (File not found.).
Which is weird given you have some, but I doubt that would cause the failure to run you see.

In fact there is no mention of this game in that dxdiag at all, which is unusual for a won't-start issue like this. Some other Windows errors there though, which I have not seen before:
+++ WER1 +++:
Pakiet błędów 1578184655022800377, typ 5
Nazwa zdarzenia: CLR20r3
Odpowiedź: Niedostępny
Identyfikator pliku CAB: 0

Podpis problemu:
P1: 3BMKP0HVMBJBM0WO3UU24TZQY4AH1YTH
P2: 1.1.19.6
P3: 5f6c66cc
P4: System.Management
Not really sure what to make of that. There is also a problem in the Xbox app:
+++ WER9 +++:
Pakiet błędów 1865319452388600848, typ 5
Nazwa zdarzenia: MoBEX
Odpowiedź: Niedostępny
Identyfikator pliku CAB: 0

Podpis problemu:
P1: Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_5.420.11102.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Have you checked for updates in the MS Store app? And, are you running this game from the Xbox app or the Windows store app? Whichever one, please try the other.

The only other idea I have is to select borderless Display mode in our launcher before starting the game.

Still not working
And new error
[17:08:10][pdx_nakama_wrapper.cpp:534]: [PDX NAKAMA] Socket onError: connect failed: set_fail_handler: 5: TLS handshake timed out.

Last edited:
That's a login or MP error, I doubt it has anything to do with the game not starting.

It fails from both the Xbox app and the MS Store app?

Are there any other of our games in your Gamepass right now, if so do they work okay?

Okay, but any of our games?

The previous game CK2 is free to play on Steam now. Does that work or have a similar problem?

I see, than I think there is a problem in your Windows installation in the Xbox/MS store area, which I'm afraid I have no idea how to fix. Probably a clean reinstall or even reset of Windows would do it, but that's a lot to contemplate just to get a game going, I know!