• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

emmasterakia

Community Developer
6 Badges
Mar 27, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
Pi8rfk0.jpg

Hello dear Age of Wonders player!

We’ve recently made some changes to Age of Wonders III and it’s forum, and we want to explain to you why we’ve done this and what it means for you and your personal information. Please make sure to read this message so that you find out about changes that may be important to you.

To reflect the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - a legal act created to enhance your privacy rights; we are working hard to continue to earn your trust, and that’s why we want to keep up to date with best practices and tell you about some new changes.

We have a new forum!
Because Triumph is now a part of the Paradox family, we are migrating to the official PDX forums. It is also partly to make our lives easier handling personal data in compliance with the new GDPR laws. We have had a lot of engagement in the old forum during the years. It has very high value to us and we will keep it accessible to all of you in a read-only format. New posts have to be posted on the new forums and that’s where we will hang out from now on to talk to you!

The next time you start the game
When you log in with your Triumph account the next time you play Age of Wonders III we ask you to accept our privacy policy and to give us your Country of residence and Date of Birth. You can also sign up to our brand new newsletter.

Why you need to accept our privacy policy
We are asking you to accept our privacy policy to comply with GDPR laws. These require us to formally ask you to accept our privacy policy so that we know that you have agreed to it.

Why we need more information from you
We are asking you for your Country of residence and your Date of Birth. This is so we can comply with country specific legislation and age rating systems.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them here or PM us directly.

Cheers,
Emma

To Emma, I did sign up in PDX and excepted the GDPR and now I have to wait for GOG.com to get the lastest version? The lastest version of Aow3 is 1802 and yet GOG.com does not have it yet.. Need this done fast so I can keep playing online..!!

Just because I feel just clicking "Agree" on Torian34s post isn't enough...
Even if it isn't your mistake (meaning you already sent the new patch to GoG) please try to kindly remind them to put it live asap.

Perhaps I missed something, and I can't help but think that it would have been more elegant to separate the GDPR update from the collection of this new data (country and date of brith), that has nothing to do with GDPR, as true as you couldn't be in infringement with the new regulation concerning a data you didn't own, hence the unease. :(

https://gdpr-info.eu/

Is it possible that you disclose the xml file that contains the new text that is displayed through the option screen in game? It's not localized (while the game is)!
Moreover, the button's title you have to click to read the text is odd (if not erroneous).

Have a problem signing into AOE3 it says i already have a triumph account but i don't, i have had a Paradox account for quite a while but the log in isn't the same as the Triumph one apparently and i don't really want to use another e-mail to play the game. I like my games especially to have the same e-mail. How can i sort this as Triumph don't actually exist anymore and i don't want to keep playing as a guest.