Information about Hotfix 1.2.5! (Updated to 1.2.7 - 22/03/2023)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DebbieElla

Community Manager (currently on maternity leave)
Administrator
Paradox Staff
Mar 4, 2019
Hello Victorians!

The Beta has been updated to 1.2.7 from the initial Beta version of 1.2.5 (22/03/2023)! Beta Branch is still called '1.2.5-beta', this is so that you aren't unenrolled when the name changed and need to opt in to the beta again!

We are hard at work to release a hotfix for Victoria 3, addressing several issues reported by the community. We would like to take this opportunity and share this upcoming build with you in a form of small open beta, so you can enjoy it (and report potential issues) in advance. Our intent is to go live on the main branch later in the week assuming everything seems A-OK. The fix branch is called '1.2.5-beta' and must be opted into on Steam in order to play it. To opt-in you right click Victoria 3 in Steam, go to properties, click on the tab that says BETAS and in the dropdown list there you should be able to select the “1.2.5-beta”. Let the game update and you should be ready to go. If you wish to opt-out from the beta you repeat the above process but pick “none” in the dropdown list.

The issues addressed are as follows (1.2.5):
- AI destabilizes itself by constantly reforming government
- Buildings may get blocked from hiring additional workforce when they have very few employees
- Bankroll pact may get autocancelled without removing the expense
- Clicking on the alert about pending peace deal does not open the war panel
- Heirs are bald
- Pausing construction displays an estimated 2147483647 weeks left to complete
- Prussia becoming North German Federation blocks usage of black-white-red horizontal tricolor flag

The issues addressed are as follows (1.2.6):
- CTD in Construction
- Small or One-Soldier Armies holding off large amounts of opposition for weeks
- Buildings getting stuck in a hiring and firing loop, due to hiring when making almost no money
- Fixed buildings not firing pops or lowering wages when losing money

The issues addressed are as follows (1.2.7):
- Unbuilt buildings display "Building is unable to fully hire" warning

Important notice!
If you opt-in to this patch and still experience the bug (such as heirs remaining bald), or experience any issues that might relate to these fixes (such as heirs sporting green mohawks), please comment in this thread with the issue you're having. If you're experiencing a bug that's likely to be unrelated (such as monarchs never getting heirs, heirs always dying at 12.5 years of age, or the game crashing when you open a panel to view an heir), please continue to use the bug reporting forum. We may remove unrelated comments from this thread to keep it on point.
Thanks for your time!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 59Like
  • 9Love
Reactions:
Nice! How long do you plan to keep it in beta?

Bigoted still not fixed, provides no morale cap reduction in 1.2.5
1679318565225.png

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I've noticed a few times now that, after constructing a building that's unprofitable, the building will still hire up to its full capacity and refuse to fire anyone as it sits at 0 cash reserves. This results in the building owners taking a large loss, impoverishing them.

WQLSZw8.png
qkqwfiX.jpeg

This only started happening in this beta. Could it be related to the fix done to ensure buildings don't get stuck when hiring? Are they always hiring now no matter what?

• 5Like
Reactions:
- Prussia becoming North German Federation blocks usage of black-white-red horizontal tricolor flag
OH THANK THE LORD

I don't know for how long I could have still taken it.

Edit: Also, will we have a dev diary or a roadmap this week what you have planned as the next steps? :) After 1.2 I'm super excited about what will come!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Was hoping to see a fix for private investment spamming buildings in states w. 0 available population or available infrastructure.

Or for how one state / tiny split state countries also build in perpetuity without regard for pops or infrastructure. E.g. 1865 Lucca/Modena/Lubeck etc. with infrastructure deficits (very little market access if in a customs union) and 10 industries at 10% employment each and largely unprofitable.

• 8Like
Reactions:
I think I still have related bug with Naval Base not hiring because weekly balance is negative.

Man-o-war is -41% below average I have over 9K peasants in the state.

This is old save I started on 1.2 pre hotfix branch. I have installed 1.2.5-beta and loaded the game.

It didnt work with the old Naval base. I removed old Naval base and build a new one - still didnt work.

Attachments

• navy.JPG
    navy.JPG
    99,2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Bigoted still not fixed, provides no morale cap reduction in 1.2.5
View attachment 959051
why does the bigoted trait cause a net decrease in popularity and interest group approval when it should only do so for minority or liberal pops/interest groups? The hard truth is that bigotry did not have the same connotation as it does today and the game should reflect that.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I think I still have related bug with Naval Base not hiring because weekly balance is negative.

Man-o-war is -41% below average I have over 9K peasants in the state.

This is old save I started on 1.2 pre hotfix branch. I have installed 1.2.5-beta and loaded the game.

It didnt work with the old Naval base. I removed old Naval base and build a new one - still didnt work.
That's not a bug, naval bases hire people very slowly by design. Some production methods make it a bit faster, but you'll still need a few years to replenish your navy

Also since they are government buildings they don't care about balance, people will be hired no matter how much it costs (since you're the one paying)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Will you guys fix the issue where 74 men can seemingly defend against thousands of other enemies in battles?
I dont see an issue with this. It would take days to advance alone into the spaces we're dealing with, secure the area, wait for logistics to catch up. And back then they had to be cautious not knowing what they were about to face, it does not need to be instant.

• 1Like
Reactions:
why does the bigoted trait cause a net decrease in popularity and interest group approval when it should only do so for minority or liberal pops/interest groups? The hard truth is that bigotry did not have the same connotation as it does today and the game should reflect that.
Maybe it means bigoted for the time.
Which would probably mean someone so hate filled that they froth at the mouth.

Somewhat uncharming.

Reactions:
I've noticed a few times now that, after constructing a building that's unprofitable, the building will still hire up to its full capacity and refuse to fire anyone as it sits at 0 cash reserves. This results in the building owners taking a large loss, impoverishing them.

View attachment 959071 View attachment 959072

This only started happening in this beta. Could it be related to the fix done to ensure buildings don't get stuck when hiring? Are they always hiring now no matter what?
I noticed this too while playing 1.2.5. All my factories are constantly at 100% employment despite no profits

Will you guys fix the issue where 74 men can seemingly defend against thousands of other enemies in battles?
We have a fix for this that we're hoping to get into the final version of the hotfix, yes.

• 5Like
Reactions: