• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OAM

GDI Commander
68 Badges
May 17, 2006
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
Hello everyone. Recently I've been toying around with the settling accounts mod, and have decided to do a game as GER anylizing the mod as much as possible. Instead of doing just that, I decided to make an AAR out of it too. This means the first half of an update will be the story, the second half will be my latest thoughts on the mod. It won't interfer much with my UK AAR (update on that tomorrow btw!), as its just me testing the mod, then writing a story in my free time. To start off I have January 36 though June 36 (or atleast thats how much I've playes so far). I'm sorry to say, some pics were lost do to moddir being odd.

---------------

*Read the turtledove books here* :p

In 1936, the German Empire under Wilhelm II was agining. Yes, it had won the war, but only just. In the inter-war years, much of the army was disbanded, and varrious other cuts were made. Thankfully, all was quite. In 1936, the German General Staff decided the time was right to revitalize the German empire.

The army, while not as large as durring the great war, was in excellent shape. The only change was to move it up closer, and take control of the German protectorates millitary. The airforce was small, but compentent, some reorganization was done. The navy was the worse off, while still decent. Major reorginization was done, in the end 3 sub fleets, 2 SAGs, and 1 CTF were made. Doctorines were bad, but the staff was indecive on weather to change them.

On the political front, the new planners generaly agreeded the social choices of the day were in bad condition. Change would be slow and painfull. The ministers were ok, and no command changes made however.

Technology was decent. More is always nice however. The General staff directed that industry should be improved above all.

When asked what whould be produced, the staff has pritorties all sorted out.

1. Fill gaps in millitary (1 int ordered)
2. Improve industry (8 runs of 4 ic)
3. Create a new formation based on the barral (tank, for those who don't know)

The last created some controvery. The barral was still a new idea, and while used successfuly in America, was the old ways of Europe ready for it? The General staff wanted to develop the way, if only to keep up with the competition. Two corps were ordered. Later when more production was freeded up, five infantry corps would be ordered to appease the old guard.

(sorry, lost that pic)

With planning done, the general staff headed out...
---------------

My observations on the mod.

1. I realy laugh when some puppets have more IC then the ottomans, witch are a MAJOR central power.
2. Along those lines, shouldn't Bulgaria be a central power, or atleast a way to get a connection through there?

Sounds interesting OAM. Whoop those Frenchies and Ruskies good and keep the Reich in its rightful spot in the sun. ;)

Could you give a screenshot of the map in your next update, otherwise, all looks good for the second Reich.

Ok I seem to need to give a brief description here. The basic premise is the CSA exists. USA was central powers in WWI, CSA was entre. Central powers win.

Here is Europe 36

America 36 (notice the Mexican civil war, that hasn't happened at start, but happened before I took the pics)

Updates in a few minutes.

Nine days after the big General Staff meeting, it was announced that our winnings from the Great War finaly started paying off the deficit.

In late February, communists in Northern Mexico revolted.

In March, a nice announcement was made. The anti-spy network was operational. The first spys were found, oddly all from Asian nations.

By the end of March, the communists had started to take ground. By July, Mexico city was the last non-communist held area.

Update contimued next post...

Contiuned from above post...

In August, civil war broke out in Spain.

While the confederates were anxious to start sending support, the General Staff decided to stay out if it. Germany had no interest in forign policy at the time.

France and the Uk also readily sent support, but a few days later.

Hope for Meixco came too. Despite having lost their capital, the confederates, possibly spured on by their support to Spain, sent support to Mexico as well.

The General Staff also finaly came to a decision on the navy issue. The old ways of using subs would be abandoned, and battleship doctorines would be made. To support this, a team would work round the clock on it.

---------------
Mod Obzervations.

1) I'd like to see the Mexican Civil war developed more. It seems very distant compared to the very well done and involved Spanish Civil War. Maybe if Commie Mexico wins, a line of coups could spread down towards South America, or possibly have a CSA civil war vs commies. I know its not in the books, but I just love ahistorical events.

2) As an extension of that, is the proxy war over the Panama canal still being considered.

3) Just a note: I love the new UK flag :D

it seems that there are civil wars all over the place! :p those asian countres must be very interested in german engineering...

Despite having put up a good fight, the nationalists are pushed back into pockets in the North.

Eventualy, the Nationalists do mange to get their act together and take over the mountains, to stay there for a long time.

The General Staff realizing that anti-spy measures wern't effective, doubled the ammount of funding and immediatly got results.

The New Year was a happy time for the General Staff. Their economic reform was doing well, eight new factory districts opened, and with the more centralized planning taken as of the 2nd, it made Germany the undesputed economic power on the Earth. (Only country with over 200 ICs)

After all the hard work, the communists in Mexico were pushed back very far. Comming so close to their goal, having the oposing Mexicans holed up in one city, it was kinda sad to see them be on the verge of defeat.

In June, the latest constrution techniques were finalized, and a new defenceive perimiter was invisioned to help stop the horrors of the Great War. Called the Aachen-Frieburg Line, the main line would run from Aachen to Frieburg, as the name implied. A branch would cover Dortmund, as its unique terrien (IE, that odd shape) was just too big of an opprotunity to let slip by. While work wouldn't start untill some production was freeded up, the General Staff has a plan like it liked to have.

---------------
Notes

1) All things said about the Mexican Civil War, it does appear well ballanced, in my limited experience. I have played two games, and the commies one once, after a long stalemate with Mexico hanging on. In this game, it was a total shock to see them in this current state after taking all but one province.

2) Seeing how bad others and the AI has done with this job, I have created the Aachen-Frieburg line, thoughtfully extending past Belgium. I nick name it the German Magiot Line. I almost fell into the same mistake as in OTL and only made it up to Belgium, but I thought it out. It only saddens me how I have to wait till 42 to see if it works.

Why are those African countries independent?

Yeah build up the fortifications and bleed them. With proper air bombing you can hold the front until you are at least comfortable in the East.

Never tried the naval change before. Might be interesting. Give an update with tech plans please. Good luck.

By Mid 1937, the General Staff was pleased with the progress in technology. Its proudest achivement was the major breakthroughs in new battleship docoorines since the new year.

In Late June, construction in all areas of the new line were started. The main area would be done in 39, but the Dortmund Branch would have to wait till early 40.

The same day, it was announced that no more spies were in Germany. The last spies, four English people, were rouned up in one meeting with eachother.

Soon a disturbing development happened, however. Japan decided to have a new war with China. The USA quickly sent aid, however.

Oddly, China turned down an alliance proposed by the rest of the Chineese Warlords...

(continued next post)

As the invasion commenced, the warlord in the North was taken over by the nationalists for "not doing their job properly".

Soon, the warlord in the South was taken over as well. China didn't look to be in a good spot, with invasion from two sides, and switching leadership around.

On October 27, after months of holding their last stronghold, the Communists in Mexico finaly surrendered.

In November a very odd and disturubing diplomatic event happened. Intell reports indicated that the CSA had tampered with German production, but annother indicated it was the other way around. Considering this is what one of the countries involved had, it was very confusing. While it was put to rest as an error in calculation, it harshened relations and exposed the German spy network.

---------------
Notes:

1) This is the first game (mod or no mod) in witch the Japaneese didn't land on the coast. I have noticed it is delayed a bit in this mod, but never till Jan 2, 38 (where I'm at now).

2) That spy report was odd. If you didn't get it, the pop-up said THEY disrupted MY production, but the message bar said I disrupted THEIR production. Either way, I didn't tell them to, maybe an independant action.