• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh lord, please let there be a continuation of this awesome AAR.

Oh yea of little faith. It's a New Year and the inestimable T&T are back, to save Slovakia or at least go down flailing fighting.

25th June 1944
25th June

Tiso and Tuka are, sadly for them, still discussing the air force with General Malar.

"So when will the Chief of the Air Force return from looking for the Air Force?" Tiso asked.

"Return?" Malar questioned.

"You said he was unavailable. We want to know when he will be available." Tiso said slowly, leaving Tuka to fume internally.

"No idea." Malar said.

At this Tuka's self control, which had been kept his rage rage in check for several minutes, burst under the strain.

"How can you not know when the Chief of the Air Force will be back? It's not like you can lose him..." Tuka's rant trailed of as a horrible thought hit him. "You haven't have you? HAVEN'T YOU!!?" He screamed as his rage returned.

Malar looked somewhat bashful and admitted that, yes they had in fact also lost the Chief of the Air Force.

"We've looked everywhere, including down the back of the sofa, but we cannot find 'Anton Pulanick' anywhere." Malar confessed.

"What about him overthere?" Tiso asked, pointing at one of the General Staff Officers wearing a pair of flying goggles and a long wavy white scarf.

"Oh no sir." Malar said. "That's Anton Pulanich, who is a completely different officer in every-way."

At this Tiso gave in and cracked open his hip flask, leaving Tuka to carry out the necessary ranting.

--
Bonus Fact - The actual one-time head of the Slovak Air Force was indeed Anton Pulanich, however he has been misspelt as Pulanick since HOI2.

Oi! The TnT are back!

I wonder how you´ll post in-game screenshots now :D

Bonus Fact - The actual one-time head of the Slovak Air Force was indeed Anton Pulanich, however he has been misspelt as Pulanick since HOI2.

You can't say that HOI isn't traditional and consistent at all.

We need a butterfly, by the way.

Good to see some progress (however small) on your side project. Maybe some new butterflies by the Northern Summer at this rate peut-etre.

loki100 - He's not giving in to drink, he can stop any time he wants. He just doesn't want to...

Ikarases - I've still got the save game and fired up the old beast last night to get a few new screenies. At which point the game engine showed it's approval by giving me one of the most hilarious bad decisions ever made by any nation ever.

Kurt_Steiner - Theses old traditions of slack research must be kept up.
IndeedSir.gif

Davout - I'm starting slow to try and get back into the habit. Hence why the easier to write T&T are getting a few updates till I get back into the swing enough for another monster for Butterfly.

Dr. Gonzo - Glad you like them, that was the style I was aiming for

BarrosRodrigues - Thanks!

And now, back to Bratislava!

25th June 1944
25th June

Tiso and Tuka are discussing the issues around the Chief of the Slovak Air Force. Well Tuka is shouting at General Malar about it and Tiso is wondering why he bothered becoming President in the first place. However as the volume from his excitable deputy subsided he returned to the conversation.

"So General with the Chief of the Air Force 'missing' who are you going to appoint in his place?" Tiso asked.

Malar, ears ringing from the clang as the quote marks dropped into place around missing, proffered up the file showing the options;

NviE7EW.png

Some would say this is an entirely pointless choice for a country that has lost it's only aircraft and who's chief scientists doesn't believe in heavier-than-air flight. They're probably right.

"So what you are saying is that, in the opinion of the General Staff, the only alternative to the 'missing' Pulanick is Fritz Gejaz." Tiso said.

"Indeed." Malar confirmed.

"Just one small question General - Who is Fritz Gejaz?" Tiso asked.

"Don't you know Mr President?" Malar asked in alarmed confusion. "You should! He's Minister for Justice, member of the Council of State and Chairman of the Supreme Constitutional Court of State!"

At this Tuka took a longing look at Tiso's hip flask, to which Tiso gently, but firmly, shook his head.

"No general you are thinking of Gejaz Fritz." Tiso said, noticing a distinct pattern emerging. "That does however raise the far more important question of why on earth did you think the Minister for Justice would make a good Chief of the Air Force?"

"He has some very strong views on carpet bombing." Malar explained.

"No he doesn't. Gejaz Fritz has very strong view on carpet bonding - he's sick of the way the carpets in the Ministry of Justice don't stick to the floorboards properly." Tiso replied.

"Oh." Malar said.

--
Bonus Fact - Fritz Gejaz doesn't seem to have existed, certainly he was never head of the Slovak Air Force. Gejaz Fritz however did exist and did have all those grand sounding jobs, none of which were even slightly military. His views on carpet adhesive however are less clear.

Last edited:
Oh boy. At least Mr. Tiso did exist.

It would be embarrasing to discover that the whole war is just a dream...

ERHMAGERD IT IS BERK! This was the first AAR I ever read on these forums :)

I'm so happy right now, you've earned yourself a vote in the... oh wait... I don't believe it is eglible due to update dates...

loki100 - He's not giving in to drink, he can stop any time he wants. He just doesn't want to...

Good strategy: if he tries hard enough, Tiso might be able to drink himself to death before the Soviets get to him. It has got to be the less painful option. :)

So, you've managed to assign a carpet-bombing minister of justice to be head of the non-existent air force. Seems about par for the Slovak war effort. :p

25th June
"He has some very strong views on carpet bombing." Malar explained.

"No he doesn't. Gejaz Fritz has very strong view on carpet bonding - he's sick of the way the carpets in the Ministry of Justice don't stick to the floorboards properly." Tiso replied.

To be honest, I'd be incredibly concerned if my Justice Minister had established views on carpet bombing so strong they were common knowledge.