• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Preliminary Results (unofficial results pending official count from El Pip)
Spies - Close but not close enough - 24
Rationality - A lone campaigner powered (still) - 7
Nuclear Jets - An insanely ambitious option (but still on the podium) - 10
Slovak Option - A looking set for wooden spoon wielding (good prediction by El Pip) - 3
Tanks - Better late than never - 26

The headline of the Braslava German expats newspaper (translated)

Landships Ahoy
Tanks wins vote in nailbiter
Hmm I demand a recount!!!! enemy spies have changed the outcome.

Bad luck mate, Florida Rules so the Supreme Court rules 5-4 against a recount

Furthermore it is my opinion that El Pip should continue with For King Haakon and the Fjords (and confirm that his presence in Manchester had nothing to do with the fact that in my AAR there is a vote going on concerning the greater Manchester area)

I think El Pip is the returning officer and Supreme Court in this one so I’ll wait for his verdict. ;)

Even if I am alone, I still vote ii for the rationality!
I respect your commitment to a doomed cause. Not the most doomed cause, but still quite a doomed cause

Tank research: for a more futile Slovakia!

Please, tank devotees everywhere, to arms! Jump on this Panzerkampfbandwagen before it is too late!
According to the internet you are only the second person to have thought of Panzerkampfbandwagen, after a random person on Reddit. Congratulations. Possibly.

An armored counter-attack is never late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to.

Vote: TANKS.
Spoken like a true member of the armoured caucus.
ja_zps42369c2d.gif

Huzzah! More tanks, thanks! :D
Indeed.

Noted.

Nuclear Jet Submarine VTOL hip-flasks with radar-guided missiles and acoustic torpedoes
That certainly covers all the bases.

enate: Bill Nelson (D)
House: An Alligator With Sunglasses (I)
Governor: Jeb! (R)
Lieutenant Governor: Little Marco (R)
Attorney General: A Fidel Castro Impersonator (S)
Treasurer: The Manopoly Man (R)
Agriculture Commissioner: The Coach of the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp (G)
State house: A Member of a Minority (D)
State Senate: A Working Class White Person (R)
State Supreme Court: The Grandfather of the Alligator with Sunglasses from before (R)
Some other judges: The Starting Lineup of the Tampa Bay Lighting (D, R, I, L)
School board: Professor Dumbledoor (L)
Amendment 1: No
Amendment 2: No
Amendment 3: Yes
Amendment 4: Yes
Amendment 5: No
Marsy's Law, Judicial Retirement Age, and Judicial Interpretation Amendment: Yes
Survivor Benefits, Votes for College Fees, and College System Amendment: Yes
School Board Term Limits, Allow State to Operate Non-Board Established Schools, and Civic Literacy Amendment: No
Ban Offshore Oil and Gas Drilling and Vaping in Enclosed Indoor Workplaces Amendment: Yes
State and Local Government Structure Amendment: Yes
Repeal Prohibition on Aliens Property Ownership, Provision on High-Speed Rail and Criminal Statutes' Effect Amendment: No
Lobbying Restrictions Amendment: Yes
Ban on Wagering on Dog Races Amendment: Yes
Slovakia Tech Choice Ballot Measure: Tanks

That puts tanks only a couple of votes behind, El Pip out of interest what is the tiebreaker?

Furthermore it is my opinion that El Pip should continue with For King Haakon and the Fjords
Alas as you failed to copy the first 'S' of Senate your ballot is iniegible. The Slovak vote still counts. ;)

Tie-break will be whatever is, in the considered opinion of the author, the funniest and/or more Slovakian thing to do.

It is good that the voting is coming to an end as I am starting to lose inspiration for new ways to vote for the
hqdefault.jpg

(get it? Nuclear THREEad...I will see myself out)
It is good you are seeing yourself out.

It is never too late to vote for Tanks!
Wise words.

Too true. So I will do so again (it’s a time zone thing ;) ). Tanks for the memories. :rolleyes:
I think you got away with that one. Counted.

Ok that does it, I'm making my younger siblings create accounts so they can vote (and decide this in favour of tanks)

Furthermore it is my opinion that El Pip should continue with For King Haakon and the Fjords
That is true comitment.

My brother tells me that this AAR is good (he also says to vote for tanks whatever that is so...)

1 vote for tanks
Given you've failed to make catastrophic spelling and grammar mistakes I am slightly dubious if you are indeed related, but you also probably aren't a sock puppet account. So the vote counts.

Well one out of two isn't that bad (I will keep working on the other), with that I think tanks has taken the lead

El Pip the current time is 7:20 pm and I don't think I will make it to midnight. Can I vote now for it to apply at midnight?

If so 1 vote for tanks

No you cannot vote now for future application. Florida elections have few rules, but they are fiercely applied.

I am genuinely delighted that you chose to break a three year silence on this forum to vote @Sir Lancealot . Thanks. :D

By my count tanks is up by 1 vote (assuming my early vote is NOT counted), this is going to be close

I couldn't possibly comment.

From the latest popular musical in Bratislava...

Another round of bullets hits our 20mm sloped skin
Well, fire away 'cause today, I won't let the HEAT sink in
We are escaping from the reality and
Reaching for the hipflasks (we are warriors)
Yeah, that's what we've become (yeah, that's what we've become)

I won't let lack of tech break me down to dust
I know that there's a (Siberian) place for us
For we are the glorious [1st (Original & Best)]

When the sharpest words of Critical Realism wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send Jessenky, gonna Czech them out (*spit*)
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is TANKS!

Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the Slovakian beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is TANKS!

Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh
This is TANKS!​
It has been too long since a @Davout song, so thank you for composing such beauty. A Platinum Hip-flask (1st Class), for service to Music and Slovak Culture is yours for the asking.

One last vote for tanks! Even if it doesn't count, it's the thought that counts, and for Slovakia thinking of tanks is surely what counts even if they never actually build any!
Thought is always a dangerous thing in Slovakia, so I'm not sure if the thought does actually count. You vote however does.

You call yourself @nuclearslurpee and yet you vote for tanks! Are they at least nuclear-powered?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_TV-8
That is a marvellous thing. An air-droppable, amphibious, nuclear powered tank. Marvellous.

Here's an interesting idea for a vote: Improvements to the Alcoholic Beverages of Slovakia. Perhaps they need something with twice the potency and only half the hangover.
That is something people need even today.

Spies to get breach loaders for the hip-flasks.
I admire both the ambition and the espionage based fightback.

So, still voting? Then again ii for the last time this round.
Utter commitment.

Noted.

Another vote for tanks, that puts tanks up by two (ignore when I tried to vote early)

Furthermore it is my opinion that El Pip should continue with For King Haakon and the Fjords (and close the vote while tanks are ahead)
Correct number of votes from you duly counted.

Tank God for that!
Relief was felt by all that it was over.

Preliminary Results (unofficial results pending official count from El Pip)
Spies - Close but not close enough - 24
Rationality - A lone campaigner powered (still) - 7
Nuclear Jets - An insanely ambitious option (but still on the podium) - 10
Slovak Option - A looking set for wooden spoon wielding (good prediction by El Pip) - 3
Tanks - Better late than never - 26

The headline of the Braslava German expats newspaper (translated)

Landships Ahoy
Tanks wins vote in nailbiter

Alas that count is incorrect

Nice to see that a Slovakian result has come from this election f the above is true. Voting in a plan for tanks when they haven't een discussed before, the country doesn't know how to make then or even what they are...well, they'll find out soon enough i expect.
It would be a very Slovakian result, but it was not the correct result.

I did double check and count again, the above is definitely not correct.

Bad luck mate, Florida Rules so the Supreme Court rules 5-4 against a recount

Furthermore it is my opinion that El Pip should continue with For King Haakon and the Fjords (and confirm that his presence in Manchester had nothing to do with the fact that in my AAR there is a vote going on concerning the greater Manchester area)
I was in Manchester on purely Tunnel related work and nothing to do with Scones.

I think El Pip is the returning officer and Supreme Court in this one so I’ll wait for his verdict. ;)
Very wise words, I also have Gejaz Fritz on my side so can deploy the might of the Slovak Constitution as well.

Taking the votes in this thread, adding on the @markkur OGDP votes for spies, and we reach the following tally;

Final Approved Result
Spies - The same number of reverse gears as in a French Little Tank gearbox - 26
Rationality - One man's relentless quest yielded - 8
Nuclear Jets - The VTOL submarine dream reached - 10
Slovak Option - A very apt and wooden spoon worthy - 3
Tanks - A fully armed and operational - 26

It was, in the end, a tie. But how can such a thing be resolved? We shall have to return to Bratislava to find out. As we shall do shortly....

20th November 1944
20th November 1944.

A long and contested cabinet meeting has finally ended in a deadheat, with strong voices on either side Tiso must exercise his power as Supreme Vodca of the Slovak Republic and break the deadlock.

"I thank you all for your opinions and arguments." Tiso told the assembled group "The decision on how best to deploy the efforts of Pruzinsky and his colleagues should not be taken lightly."

"Or at all." Tuka mumbled to himself.

Ignoring his Prime Minister, Tiso pushed on.

"There may well be an excellent critically socially realistic reason to boost our metal production and seek to drill for oil, but I cannot see it. I shall be advising Janko Jesensky to continue focusing on being an excellent spy catcher."

"For an anti-fascist poet." Tuka chipped in.

"Clearly that is where his skills are, not in proposing research projects." Tiso continued to ignore Tuka.

"I must reject Pruzinksy's plan to focus on improving Slovak industry, I fear it will not yield results in time to affect the war." Tiso shook his head at the disappointed armaments minister. "Now is the time for bold action."

"But there is no place for the crazy dreams of Teplanksy." Tiso stated firmly. "What kind of fool would propose splitting an atom? You would just have bits of atom all over the floor. How would that help?"

The assembled cabinet minister weren't sure that was scientifically correct, but nodded in agreement anyway.

"So now we come to the crux of the matter, do we follow General Malar's scheme to pursue an indigineous Slovak Armoured Brigade or Baron Von Killinger's plan to use Slovak Overseas Division of Spying to steal technology." Tiso outlined the options.

"Why can't we do both?" General Kubela asked.

"Overseas intelligence requires vast amounts of gadgets and so on, all our scientists would have to form a Ž branch to support the ÓÔ Agents." Pruzinksy explained as Von Killinger nodded in agreement.

"No, General Kubela is correct. We can and shall do both." Tiso interrupted.

gOhnkBD.jpg

Why do one job badly when you can do two jobs really badly?

"Pruzinksy and his most practical scientists will focus on armoured warfare, while the rest will become Ž branch and work to give Von Killinger's spies the contrived and utterly specific gadgets they need."

w9vgM5K.jpg

The first tank tech is dated 1918. It will still take over six months for Slovakian scientist to research.

There was a loud murmur from the room as the cabinet absorbed and acknowledged it's clear wisdom. Perhaps. Maybe. Hopefully.

"Baron, where will you deploy this new generation of Slovak spies?" Tuka reluctantly asked.

"France." Von Killinger instantly answered. "They have much technology Slovakia lacks and no way to defend it."

HCOns7G.jpg

France is, of course, one of the few nations Slovakia has no existing spies in. It has spies in Bhutan of course, because.... Paradox? I can only imagine Bolivia feels very left out and slightly neglected.

"What about our existing agents?" Tiso asked.

"They have all been sent out to acquire technology as well." Von Killinger promptly answered.

LULdFZD.jpg

Let the waffle theft begin!

--
Notes:
And thus we see the result of the election.

Thank you all for voting, I hope you enjoyed the elections as much as I did. Normal service, well as normal as T&T get, will be resumed next time.

Great solution to the tie, why do one when you can do two badly. However if I had known I had undercounted spies by two then I would have made MiddleTemplar vote again

Furthermore it is my opinion that El Pip should continue with For King Haakon and the Fjords (and hold more votes because that was fun)

A supremely appropriate decision, with eloquent arguments based on a largely flawed understanding of actual science by T&T. Bravo! By dividing the available pittance in half, it means both can be futile. How elegant - and disconcertingly similar to a modern political compromise. Scary. :eek:

So Slovakia will be pushing out their equivalent of the A7V in time for Germany to surrender?

We see from votes in Slovakia
That they overachieve in causing dispepsia
Tanks and spies it shall be
Because of disharmony
Leading the fascist state to never have to face the critical reality of their predicament.

Slovakia will finally usher in the breakthrough for the Central Powers on the Western Front
Do you think that they'll manage without orders from Vienna or Budapest? (Or could it be Bratislava's time to wear the trousers?)

Spies in Bhutan, excellent, they must take revenge for that time Nepal spied on Slovakia! I could be wrong, its been so long but I seem to recall something like that.

Why do one job badly when you can do two jobs really badly?

It is good to see this true Slovakian tradition is being upheld

Great solution to the tie, why do one when you can do two badly. However if I had known I had undercounted spies by two then I would have made MiddleTemplar vote again

Furthermore it is my opinion that El Pip should continue with For King Haakon and the Fjords (and hold more votes because that was fun)
I still find MiddleTemplar suspicious, so probably for the best she/he/it voted once. Glad you enjoyed the vote and the result.

A supremely appropriate decision, with eloquent arguments based on a largely flawed understanding of actual science by T&T. Bravo! By dividing the available pittance in half, it means both can be futile. How elegant - and disconcertingly similar to a modern political compromise. Scary. :eek:
T&T's Slovakia has much we should ignore or treat as a terrible warning, alas modern politicians seem determined to learn from it.

So Slovakia will be pushing out their equivalent of the A7V in time for Germany to surrender?
First, welcome aboard. It's June 1945 to research it, then another long period to build any, say late 1945. I suspect Slovakia will be long since annexed by then. Worst of all it's Praga T-33s Slovakia is researching, apart from being (hopefully) cheaper and faster they were worse than an A7V in every other way.

<LOL> An historic meeting. Salute!
Glad you liked it. :D

No, I think it will be more like the LK II.
That's a bit advanced isn't it? Think the LK I - machine gun armed, very thin armour, that sort of thing.

We see from votes in Slovakia
That they overachieve in causing dispepsia
Tanks and spies it shall be
Because of disharmony
Leading the fascist state to never have to face the critical reality of their predicament.
Wise poetic words. ;)

Slovakia will finally usher in the breakthrough for the Central Powers on the Western Front
I suppose it is possible the Allies will still be stuck in France by late 1945. Alas the Soviets and the British advance out of Italy are not quite as slow. :(

Do you think that they'll manage without orders from Vienna or Budapest? (Or could it be Bratislava's time to wear the trousers?)
Well the British are close to capturing Vienna, it surely can't be long till the Soviets march through Budapest, so there may well be a brief window in which Bratislava does indeed where the Former Hapsburg Empire trousers.

Spies in Bhutan, excellent, they must take revenge for that time Nepal spied on Slovakia! I could be wrong, its been so long but I seem to recall something like that.

It is good to see this true Slovakian tradition is being upheld
Slovakia has been plagued by spies from Tibet and Bhutan, but thus far the Nepalese devils have focused their efforts on Gurkhas and not espionage. Though the idea of a Gurkha spy is quite terrifying. Perhaps they have been operating in Bratislava for years, but Jesensky's agents are too scared to catch them?

A LK II is to modern? A light tank prototype of 1918 with indeed very thin armour and just mgs and slower than 10 mph? Ok, it's not a cabriolet-tank like some carden-lloyd-tankettes but aside from that...

A LK II is to modern? A light tank prototype of 1918 with indeed very thin armour and just mgs and slower than 10 mph? Ok, it's not a cabriolet-tank like some carden-lloyd-tankettes but aside from that...

That's why Killingers spies are trying to steal Little Tank tech from Lt. Gruber. Most likely they will steal some unusable techs like CV's or nukes.

Yes there are probably some lakes where CVs can be deployed (they wouldn't have any planes to put on them though)

I thought the LK II had a proper 37mm (or 57mm) main gun. It was the LK I that only had a pair of machine guns, just like the Slovak Praga.

That's why Killingers spies are trying to steal Little Tank tech from Lt. Gruber. Most likely they will steal some unusable techs like CV's or nukes.
Slovakia would probably steal battleships techs for maximum uselessness.

Unusable?... One can always dream...
The Slovak nuke project still lives.

Yes there are probably some lakes where CVs can be deployed (they wouldn't have any planes to put on them though)

Slovakia still technically is committed to "Open Seas" under Navy Minister General Turanec, by annexing lots of Eastern Europe to open a land corridor to the seas. So they do at least have a plan to acquire a coast (and port) from which to launch the Slovak Navy...